PDA

View Full Version : I hate when this happens

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm not gonna post any pics, so don't ask... I did not even take any..

When it gets cold, rodents tend to look at your house and see it as their own personal "Florida" home. Complete with dining and drinking privileges.
#2 son was gaming in the basement late and saw a new snowbird run across the floor... first sign we seen of extra tenanats in quite a while.

I set the trap. Now, I always use peanut butter, as it attracts them and is not easily removed without, well, shall we say permanent eviction of the non-paying freeloader.
next morning.... he has checked out. It was a him, so I said well... I would imagine he brought a date so I reset... and sure enough, she must have went out to find him... and she too decided to leave. I suppose she just could not live wothout him, or something...

But wait... I said, "if I were a freloading snowbirder, I'd have some " on side" so I set it again... #3... and again #4... and again #5... and again #6... and this is where I get to the part I hate...

This little freeloader decided that only getting her leg caught was the fun way to go... dragged the trap to the other side of the room where I found her behind a piece of carpet. Hmmm..what to do? What to do?

Pumped up the BB pistol 3 times and one behind the head evicted her.
Now.. why do we use traps? So we don't have to see them die, that's why. Sure , we want them permanently evicted... but as landlord, I don' want to watch, just get the job done, no tears seen. But I had to do this.

I reset the trap.... #7.....

yeah.... 7 day's 7 "evictions". Been 3 days now, no new notices served.... but I'm ready... even if it takes 4 pumps next time.....

Pops
11-26-2008, 08:02 AM
So how do you catch the bats flying around Rich?

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
So how do you catch the bats flying around Rich?

If they're in the attic.. no problem. We had them for years in the old house, just kept plastic on the floors up there and cleaned it up for the gardens.

In the house? I have taken screens out, opened the windows and left them alone until dusk and they leave on their own.

Michelle and I have a bat box that they use during the warm months, but the go elsewhere when it gets cold.

Bats are cool!

Pops
11-26-2008, 08:08 AM
I like that train of thought, but I was thinking a little more to the left about where the bats are.

Bigdogjim
11-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Must be where you live out in the country:)

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I like that train of thought, but I was thinking a little more to the left about where the bats are.
To the Left....???
Obama's house? :dunno:

Pops
11-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I was thinking in the Belfry Rich!

Bigdogjim
11-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Rich is the "new Batman"

:rofl:

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 08:41 AM
I was thinking in the Belfry Rich!

Yeah.. I did know that, john... but the voices told me to ignore it......:alone:

:bat: :bat: :bat:

CRUZTAKER
11-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Mice...

Impossible to entirely evict here in this century home.

What's worse than the trap maiming and the rodent dragging the trap around (happens here as well), is one's well fed cat that decides to kill, skin, and eat the rodent leaving the head for daddy to clean up. :puke:

ParkRanger
11-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Mice...

Impossible to entirely evict here in this century home.

What's worse than the trap maiming and the rodent dragging the trap around (happens here as well), is one's well fed cat that decides to kill, skin, and eat the rodent leaving the head for daddy to clean up. :puke:

Mine leaves the head and the stomach. I then pat him on the head and ask the little lady to clean it up. Ugh!
I heard the flypaper trap is pretty gruesome - desperate squeeks all during the night. :eek:

Ken
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey! Don't kill them! They may be endangered, somewhere! :dunno:

Ken

O's Fan Rich
11-28-2008, 06:32 AM
Hey! Don't kill them! They may be endangered, somewhere! :dunno:

Ken

The problem is , Ken, the cold weather has the Copperheads in the house hibernating, so they are not tracking theses guy''n' gals down.

I'll live trap them for you and overnight them to you if you'd like? Just send me your address and I'll gather a few up!

But, I did some reading on this and well, they are not on any endangered list and there appears to be an on going problem with them.

http://www.jcehrlich.com/residential-customers/general-pests/rodents-and-wildlife/mice/index.html

SILVERSURFER03
11-28-2008, 06:48 AM
thats :lol: funny rich keep up the good work you don't need no stinkin freeloaders

Haggis
11-28-2008, 10:01 PM
The problem is , Ken, the cold weather has the Copperheads in the house hibernating, so they are not tracking theses guy''n' gals down.

I'll live trap them for you and overnight them to you if you'd like? Just send me your address and I'll gather a few up!

But, I did some reading on this and well, they are not on any endangered list and there appears to be an on going problem with them.

http://www.jcehrlich.com/residential-customers/general-pests/rodents-and-wildlife/mice/index.html

Rich, if Ken gets difficult I can provide his address to you. :lol:

rayjay
11-29-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm on my 3rd packet of rat posion already. Must be a bonus year for mice. I place it out in the basement near the drainage tile as soon as it gets cold. Seems to work, none upstairs. They can have the 148 yr old dirt basement, free food included :D