PDA

View Full Version : Bandwidth use posts...

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Guy's 'n' Gals....
If we are going to start pointing the finger at threads as "waste of bandwidth" or "stupid azz post, why bother" or the ever popular " that has nothing to do about cars why you posting that here?" well, we're done for sure.
For if we TRULY wish to preserve bandwidth, server space, or want to cut down on what we "muddle through" inthreads, we will need to quit answering the same questions all the time

"What's the best muffler?"
"What headers do I use?"
"Where can I get a supercharger?"
What oil should I use?
Shocks, springs, radios, lights...
How much? What about...? you know the same old questions that have been answered and discussed at length hundreds of times before! Every part of this car has been discussed already...jeez, how many times do we need to dioscuss exhaust systems when we have an archive system sitting here?
So.. do we beeeeaaatttcchhh about "useless posts" while beating a dead horse that easily could be revived with a simple use of the search button?
After all NOT answering the questions and re-hashing old info will save space, decrease bandwidth use, eliminate thread length... etc....

So.. maybe we should simply point all questions that have been answered to the search feature, then cutoff all useless posts not having to do with cars or with nothing new to add.

That'll make things fun, huh?

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
oh..

meow

CRUZTAKER
11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
or....

Contributing members could continue to support the site bandwidth for those that do not. ;)

KillJoy
11-26-2008, 03:29 PM
I recommend the SEARCH Button often. So....

:dunno:

KillJoy

PS - This entire Thread is a waste of Bandwidth ;)

Haggis
11-26-2008, 03:33 PM
or....

Contributing members could continue to support the site bandwidth for those that do not. ;)

Remember Barry contributions are voluntary and we are under no obligation.

Rich, I agree with you 100%; the purpose of this site is to talk with our friends about our Marauders and we have a 'Lounge' section for those topics that are not about Marauders. And I do not believe anyone should be limited to how much they post.

For all of those whinners out there; "DO NOT REPLY TO A THREAD IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE SUBJECT OR THE POSTER!!!"

MeadeRaudeR
11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Sooooo...................what' s the best muffler?:D

Hotrauder
11-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Guy's 'n' Gals....
If we are going to start pointing the finger at threads as "waste of bandwidth" or "stupid azz post, why bother" or the ever popular " that has nothing to do about cars why you posting that here?" well, we're done for sure.
For if we TRULY wish to preserve bandwidth, server space, or want to cut down on what we "muddle through" inthreads, we will need to quit answering the same questions all the time

"What's the best muffler?"
"What headers do I use?"
"Where can I get a supercharger?"
What oil should I use?
Shocks, springs, radios, lights...
How much? What about...? you know the same old questions that have been answered and discussed at length hundreds of times before! Every part of this car has been discussed already...jeez, how many times do we need to dioscuss exhaust systems when we have an archive system sitting here?
So.. do we beeeeaaatttcchhh about "useless posts" while beating a dead horse that easily could be revived with a simple use of the search button?
After all NOT answering the questions and re-hashing old info will save space, decrease bandwidth use, eliminate thread length... etc....

So.. maybe we should simply point all questions that have been answered to the search feature, then cutoff all useless posts not having to do with cars or with nothing new to add.

That'll make things fun, huh?

or....

I really appreciate the support so that I can get all of Rich's questions answered along with voting for my favorite punk rock band and helping to figure out whose black Marauder that was yesterday on I75. If past is prologue there will indeed be some priceless cluster F that will indeed make the investment worth while as the dust settles once again around the barely breathing corpse. Plod on. Dennis

offroadkarter
11-26-2008, 04:39 PM

meow what are you talking about? Use the search button! :neener:

justbob
11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
I agree 100% How boring would this be if we just searched for what we needed and never bs'd?

TiTo35
11-26-2008, 05:38 PM
How about all the old threads that are "waste of bandwidth" be deleted?

KillJoy
11-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Then WHAT, would be "Searched"?

KillJoy

knine
11-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Can we start threads picking on people who don't have a clue or a sense of humor??? :dunno:

Hacklemerc
11-26-2008, 06:27 PM
and when we start deleting all old threads we can then gather and burn unneeded books. THen after that we can goose step around the city square and then we could start culling the people who ask dumb questions...

for those without a sense of humor.... this is a joke..

knine
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
this is a joke..
THAT'S what I forgot !!!!!!! :rolleyes:

gmtech
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
What kind of 0-60 gain will i get in 38 degree weather if i change my stock mufflers to flowmasters with a 3.5 inlet and 3.5 outlet. i used the search but cant find a definitive answer. please help as im about to pull the trigger on these mufflers and really hope someone has this data:banana:

Mike Poore
11-26-2008, 08:31 PM

Some would have us use 4" DUCK tape. :D

DEFYANT
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Buttermilk and Boobies. Remember those?

O's Fan Rich
11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Buttermilk and Boobies. Remember those?

Buttermilk yes... but what are these "boobies" I've heard so much about?

Bigdogjim
11-27-2008, 03:22 AM
buttermilk

OneBADLsE
11-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Not for nothin, the USELESS posts that are made create site TRAFFIC.

Posts are a good thing, and im sure Admin would agree.

TiTo35
11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Then WHAT, would be "Searched"?

KillJoy

Delete the wasted post...that some consider to be...not the informative ones.
Like delete this post by next week...delete some old "lounge" threads that are kinda out of date or pointless. Im not saying delete ALL old threads.