View Full Version : Zombies!

2ndMDRebel
11-28-2008, 10:41 AM
They attacked a WalMart!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316

I believe a witness was reported as hearing screams for "brains brains!"
but unfortunately there were absolutely none to be found in the entire
crowd. Ripped doors off the hinges, killed an employee, stomped the baby
out of a pregnant lady... WTF is wrong with these people?

I have nothing PC to say about this.

justbob
11-28-2008, 10:49 AM
That is complete BS!!!!!! WTF is wrong with people!!!!!!!!!!!Could you only imagine that being your wife and baby!!!!!Or the familly of that worker!! Thanks now my day just went to stink......................... ..

Pops
11-28-2008, 10:57 AM
It gets worse every year! In the name of money. They sell product at a loss so you will come in and have 3 to 10 available. I wonder when the big law suits will startover inciting a riot over this practice!

TiTo35
11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I guess walmart will be in the bailout line next. :rolleyes:
That is utterly SAD...They should hold EVERYONE accountable that was in that line. :shake:

CBT
11-28-2008, 11:13 AM
That's insane. And sad. All to save a few bucks on crap that's already cheap. Somebody gonna get PAID over this.

Blackened300a
11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
So not surprised this happened in Valley Stream. Its all over the news today in NY.

Bluerauder
11-28-2008, 11:48 AM
"Crowd Surge" is a terrible thing. I didn't believe it until I got caught in it once. Haven't felt comfortable in a crowd ever since.

The Story: I was about 16 years old and went to a Free Concert at the Civic Center in Baltimore. It was some "famous" music group (can't remember who now). Thousands of people lined up outside the building. I was there with several friends. The crowd continued to grow & grow until the doors were finally opened. Because the crowd was being funneled into only 2 sets of doors, people on the sides and back started pushing to get closer. I was in the middle, lost sight of my friends and started to be squeezed rather badly. At one point, I was being moved forward and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I started to be squeezed downward and was no longer able to stand up. Fortunately, a very big guy spotted my problem and reached down and just grabbed me. I am sure that without his help, I would have been trampled. Never got to see the concert and just went home after that scare.

I am sure that this is the same phenomenon that occured inside the Coconut Grove (now exit doors must open outward) and in the RI nightclub when the fire broke out and the crowd blocked the exit.

TAKEDOWN
11-28-2008, 12:27 PM
... and yet this too, doesn't surprise me!

duhtroll
11-28-2008, 12:29 PM
You'd think that this year, of all years, people would have learned something about greed.

Guess not.

SILVERSURFER03
11-28-2008, 12:30 PM
thats is sad and somthing should be done about it .. I guess WALMART will be spending a little coin over this one ...AND IT IS A SAD DAY when pepole have to trammple others just to buy a gift it's just plain STUPID

DEFYANT
11-28-2008, 12:45 PM
You'd think that this year, of all years, people would have learned something about greed.

Guess not.

A person is smart. People are dumb.

Motorhead350
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Charlie (BlueRauder) was that The Who concert?

TCBO1
11-28-2008, 01:38 PM
(speachless)

larryo340
11-28-2008, 01:47 PM
So not surprised this happened in Valley Stream. Its all over the news today in NY.

I'm with you Paul, once I saw that it happened by Green Acres I wasn't surprised as well, and it just another reminder why to avoid that area.

Hacklemerc
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I have nothing nice to say about this either. I don't go to WalMart any other day so I knew that black friday was out of the question.

Crazy bastitches:mad2:

Bluerauder
11-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Charlie (BlueRauder) was that The Who concert?

Probably too early for The Who. Would have been in 1966 .... The Who's first hit in the USA was in 1967 "I can see for Miles". Can't remember WHO it was. :rofl:

Guess not.

I don't think it has anything to do with greed or stupidity. The "Me First" attitude that prevails today is more the culprit IMHO. Put 50-100 Me Firsters in a crowd and you have a problem when the doors open. I don't know how WalMart can be held responsible in any way.

Krytin
11-28-2008, 03:20 PM
This is why I don't go out anymore!
The people on Long Island are always out ahead of the curve when it comes to being Rotten Bastiges!

CBT
11-28-2008, 03:29 PM
"Crowd Surge" is a terrible thing. I didn't believe it until I got caught in it once. Haven't felt comfortable in a crowd ever since.

The Story: I was about 16 years old and went to a Free Concert at the Civic Center in Baltimore. It was some "famous" music group (can't remember who now). Thousands of people lined up outside the building. I was there with several friends. The crowd continued to grow & grow until the doors were finally opened. Because the crowd was being funneled into only 2 sets of doors, people on the sides and back started pushing to get closer. I was in the middle, lost sight of my friends and started to be squeezed rather badly. At one point, I was being moved forward and my feet were no longer touching the ground. I started to be squeezed downward and was no longer able to stand up. Fortunately, a very big guy spotted my problem and reached down and just grabbed me. I am sure that without his help, I would have been trampled. Never got to see the concert and just went home after that scare.

I am sure that this is the same phenomenon that occured inside the Coconut Grove (now exit doors must open outward) and in the RI nightclub when the fire broke out and the crowd blocked the exit.

Yeah man, Liberace should could draw a crowd back in the day huh?:D

Bluerauder
11-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah man, Liberace should could draw a crowd back in the day huh?:D
Might have been Lawrence Welk .... an a 1 and a 2 ... :P

Dr Caleb
11-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Why would anyone be in such a hurry to buy the crap they sell?

Jinx
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Potentially trampled to death. Yet another reason why I don't shop at Walmart.

1stMerc
11-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Might have been Lawrence Welk .... an a 1 and a 2 ... :P

Lawrence Welk. Who dat :D

Leadfoot281
11-28-2008, 04:52 PM

Guess not.

Lol!!!!! They are a bunch of slow learners aint they?

Actually now that I think about it, the only time I see a Republican bumper sticker at Wal-Mart is when I pull in with the Marauder.

Hmmmm...Really makes you wonder...:rolleyes:

Aren Jay
11-28-2008, 04:52 PM
.............................. ........

knine
11-28-2008, 05:11 PM
People ar estupid when in "crowd mentality". Coconut Grove had hidden and blocked exits as part of the problem.

duhtroll
11-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, Sam Walton was a real pro-union liberal.

:lol:

Lol!!!!! They are a bunch of slow learners aint they?

Actually now that I think about it, the only time I see a Republican bumper sticker at Wal-Mart is when I pull in with the Marauder.

Hmmmm...Really makes you wonder...:rolleyes:

Blk Mamba
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
That is why I always liked K-Marts Blue Light specials, impromptu, Saves the "bums rush" at the doors.

2ndMDRebel
11-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Mom and baby were doing fine in the hospital, funny when you don't read the story.

Hurray for updating news reports! Wonder of modern technology, bane of original posters!

MADRODER
11-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Any retailer should use the # system for example: 100 Wii's then number cards 1-100....using the first in line method. It should be arranged so that anyone who's looking for that great deal of the day on say 4 items should be separated in a different line so that the # system can be used. It works fine as long as it's advertised or told to the hoard waiting in line that this is the ONLY way they are getting that great deal.

As for the pregnant woman I'm glad she's doing ok but WTF was she thinking, she knows this particular day brings out the hillbilly in people, send someone else out instead.

Bluerauder
11-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Coconut Grove had hidden and blocked exits as part of the problem.
One of Coconut Grove's biggest problems was exit doors that opened "inward". The fire and safety code was changed after that incident to prevent crowds from bunching up at the doors and being unable to open them because of crowd crush. Now emergecny exits open "outward" and most have Panic Bar openers so that any pressure on the handle will open the door.

The ugliest part of the WalMart incident came after the initial crowd surge. After the death and injuries, many of the shoppers refused to leave the store and were yelling and screaming to get their "stuff". Now that is stupid and greedy. How callous can some people be??????

PhastPhil
11-29-2008, 07:31 AM
This is why I like to do most of my shopping online. When I was single and had lots of free time, I had my Christmas shopping done by October !
I try to avoid the malls, and the surrounding areas, at all cost during the Christmas holiday shopping season.

This morning's news said police investigators are reviewing the security camera tapes to find out what happened and who is to blame.

larryo340
11-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Phil, where you been. I hope all is well :) , check in more often.