PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

O's Fan Rich
12-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I was wrong.
After watching and participating in the DR vs Zack TAF reservations cancellation debacle, I have to admit, I was wrong.
I was the one who pm’d the copy of what DR posted about Zack being the one who made the calls to cancel the reservations.
I sent the pm’s to 4 people, who I felt would be interested in those goings on.

Seeing the aftermath, I regret it.

You see, I thought that this would help to solve an issue for someone I like, Todd. I know it’s been a huge thorn in his side for a long time, and even thought there were suspicions, the results never came out. I looked at this information as a way to show that suspicions were correct and we all could deal with the culprit as we individually saw fit.
But, it turned into a vehicle to open up old wounds, rip off deep seated scabs and further divide the Marauder Community. I should have stayed out of it.

But why didn’t I? I use to. Being a long time member at .net I’ve seen a lot of crap fly around that I did not get involved in. I’ve changed; I began to involve myself in “disputes” starting right around the time when MCM broke away from. Net.
Last night after re-reading the thread and reading the pm’s I’ve gotten , I did what I’ve always told my kids and others to do, I looked at myself and asked “What could I have done to help or prevent this?” The conclusion I reached is above.
I then went deeper; I started to ask my self why I’ve gotten to the point where I involve myself.
Ok, it’s easy for me to say, “These guy’s are my friends, and I need to defend them.”, because that is so. But I went deeper and it came to me, I think I finally realize why I’ve tried to step up and put myself out there for Todd and Jerry and others when they were attacked and responded in can I say negative fashion?
It’s because I feel bad that I did not do that on the forums for Mac. Yeah, Srgt. Mac. I liked the guy. I always got along with him and enjoyed talking and emailing and “foruming” (?) with him. And when all the crap started hitting him, I stayed out of it. I did not stand firm in my support. I failed, because inside I felt the overall situation was not right, and I did nothing. I honestly thought he did not need my support, and I did not throw it out there.
That failure has made me upset with myself and I realize now that not wanting to do that again, makes me want to put myself out there, to defend people I like, even if it appears they can handle it themselves.

Well, it has not turned out well for the overall good. And it has not been good for me personally. I’m finding it harder and harder to walk a line and try to maintain a friendly relationship with all. I never want to be the kind of person who cannot overlook the imperfections of others and simply be civil, yet I see myself heading that way. My internal frustration with changes within myself is getting to be too much.

I certainly have come to this conclusion: No matter what the facts are, these two forums have people on them who will not see the forest for the trees and have long since decided who is “right” and who is “wrong” and no introduction of facts or reasonable argument will cause a change in thinking.

I can’t work like that. I cannot turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to truth and fact.

Zack, I shouldn’t have involved my self in this after it had died down. Don’t know if it was you, or you are being falsely accused for sure. But let me say this, I’ve seen a change in your attitude the past few months. I think that comes with a maturing as well as getting the scales off your eyes somewhat. Your willingness to help, for whatever reason, is admirable. If you can settle this issue, though, please do it.

Dennis Reinhart, I don’t think I’ve always been fair to you, but you have always been polite and professional to me. Never had a purchasing issue with you and you’ve provided me with some real solid info for my car. At SSHS7 you were willing to shake my hand and speak with me, even though I’m often seen as being from “the other side”( sounds ridiculous even as I type it).
If you had a hand in this debacle, or have accused Zack unfairly, make it right, will ya please? The only other suggestion I can give you, is to always tell your customers exactly what is going on and how things will proceed. Miscommunications and misunderstandings appear to cause the majority of the issues brought up. I look forward to talking to you again sometime.

I’m taking some time away from the Marauder forums stuff for awhile. Not the communities fault, not an individuals fault or even this latest situation that has caused it, it’s the internal changes in me I need to deal with. I’m going to give it time to be less important to me, to become more of a condiment rather than the meal, like it use to be. I suppose you could call it a “spiritual crisis”.

I don’t wish to lay awake any longer worrying about what I’ve done to cause issues for others, those I do care about and the many who I have not even met.

Admin: Lock this if you wish, as I won’t get any emails form comments and I won’t be checking in.

SC Cheesehead
12-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Wow! Rich, this is some good stuff!

Proud to call you a friend!

I was wrong.
After watching and participating in the DR vs Zack TAF reservations cancellation debacle, I have to admit, I was wrong.
I was the one who pm’d the copy of what DR posted about Zack being the one who made the calls to cancel the reservations.
I sent the pm’s to 4 people, who I felt would be interested in those goings on.

Seeing the aftermath, I regret it.

You see, I thought that this would help to solve an issue for someone I like, Todd. I know it’s been a huge thorn in his side for a long time, and even thought there were suspicions, the results never came out. I looked at this information as a way to show that suspicions were correct and we all could deal with the culprit as we individually saw fit.
But, it turned into a vehicle to open up old wounds, rip off deep seated scabs and further divide the Marauder Community. I should have stayed out of it.

But why didn’t I? I use to. Being a long time member at .net I’ve seen a lot of crap fly around that I did not get involved in. I’ve changed; I began to involve myself in “disputes” starting right around the time when MCM broke away from. Net.
Last night after re-reading the thread and reading the pm’s I’ve gotten , I did what I’ve always told my kids and others to do, I looked at myself and asked “What could I have done to help or prevent this?” The conclusion I reached is above.
I then went deeper; I started to ask my self why I’ve gotten to the point where I involve myself.
Ok, it’s easy for me to say, “These guy’s are my friends, and I need to defend them.”, because that is so. But I went deeper and it came to me, I think I finally realize why I’ve tried to step up and put myself out there for Todd and Jerry and others when they were attacked and responded in can I say negative fashion?
It’s because I feel bad that I did not do that on the forums for Mac. Yeah, Srgt. Mac. I liked the guy. I always got along with him and enjoyed talking and emailing and “foruming” (?) with him. And when all the crap started hitting him, I stayed out of it. I did not stand firm in my support. I failed, because inside I felt the overall situation was not right, and I did nothing. I honestly thought he did not need my support, and I did not throw it out there.
That failure has made me upset with myself and I realize now that not wanting to do that again, makes me want to put myself out there, to defend people I like, even if it appears they can handle it themselves.

Well, it has not turned out well for the overall good. And it has not been good for me personally. I’m finding it harder and harder to walk a line and try to maintain a friendly relationship with all. I never want to be the kind of person who cannot overlook the imperfections of others and simply be civil, yet I see myself heading that way. My internal frustration with changes within myself is getting to be too much.

I certainly have come to this conclusion: No matter what the facts are, these two forums have people on them who will not see the forest for the trees and have long since decided who is “right” and who is “wrong” and no introduction of facts or reasonable argument will cause a change in thinking.

I can’t work like that. I cannot turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to truth and fact.

Zack, I shouldn’t have involved my self in this after it had died down. Don’t know if it was you, or you are being falsely accused for sure. But let me say this, I’ve seen a change in your attitude the past few months. I think that comes with a maturing as well as getting the scales off your eyes somewhat. Your willingness to help, for whatever reason, is admirable. If you can settle this issue, though, please do it.

Dennis Reinhart, I don’t think I’ve always been fair to you, but you have always been polite and professional to me. Never had a purchasing issue with you and you’ve provided me with some real solid info for my car. At SSHS7 you were willing to shake my hand and speak with me, even though I’m often seen as being from “the other side”( sounds ridiculous even as I type it).
If you had a hand in this debacle, or have accused Zack unfairly, make it right, will ya please? The only other suggestion I can give you, is to always tell your customers exactly what is going on and how things will proceed. Miscommunications and misunderstandings appear to cause the majority of the issues brought up. I look forward to talking to you again sometime.

I’m taking some time away from the Marauder forums stuff for awhile. Not the communities fault, not an individuals fault or even this latest situation that has caused it, it’s the internal changes in me I need to deal with. I’m going to give it time to be less important to me, to become more of a condiment rather than the meal, like it use to be. I suppose you could call it a “spiritual crisis”.

I don’t wish to lay awake any longer worrying about what I’ve done to cause issues for others, those I do care about and the many who I have not even met.

Admin: Lock this if you wish, as I won’t get any emails form comments and I won’t be checking in.

Embassy
12-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I have no dog in this fight.

However, here's a few observations

1. We're on these forums talk Marauders and enjoy working, modifying, and driving them.

2. This is the internet. It's not serious business.

3. Every car forum has their agitators with nothing better to do than stir up trouble to add meaning to their apparently empty lives.

The solution: Ignore them. They plant their own seeds of demise.

That's my $0.02. :cool:

Zack
12-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Rich, we hope to see you back just as fast as Dominick returned :up:

Meteorite
12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Rich, we hope to see you back just as fast as Dominick returned :up:

Me, too.

But ... umm ... don't you have anything to say about Rich's paragraph which was addressed directly to you?

BODYMAN
12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
:beer:2nd that rich!!! CANT WE ALL GET ALONG ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE SOME TENSION IN HERE?????? OVER ANALIZING WHAT PEOPLE SAY OR SUGGEST

THIS IS WHY I HAD NOT VISITED THIS BOARD FOR OVER 2 YRS BESIDES BE TO BUSY WITH 2 LITTLE BOYS I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH.

CRUZTAKER
12-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I hope you find your way back in reasonable time as well. Three months worked for me. ;)

You and I have always had an odd relationship because of my personal issues with those aforementioned.

I have always respected your input, and tolerated your jabs.

Thanks, and good luck.

Zack
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Me, too.

But ... umm ... don't you have anything to say about Rich's paragraph which was addressed directly to you?

Where in all of that did Rich ask me a question? :confused:

Meteorite
12-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Where in all of that did Rich ask me a question? :confused:

There wasn't a direct interrogative; I understand that. Still, if the paragraph had been about me, I'd have said something in direct response to what Rich said.

It does contain a request, though.

Zack
12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
There wasn't a direct interrogative; I understand that. Still, if the paragraph had been about me, I'd have said something in direct response to what Rich said.

It does contain a request, though.

Here's a few things ive prepared, just for you big guy :up:

http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

Zack
12-04-2008, 02:49 PM
^^^^What TJA said^^^^

Meteorite
12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
^^^^What TJA said^^^^

I didn't mean just that ... Rich paid you compliments in 3 consecutive sentences ... which I thought was pretty cool of him to do.

Glenn
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Quite a post to read. I was moved. Come back soon.

Glenn

Bluerauder
12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
It takes a Big Man and alot of thought to post up like this. Your apology is appreciated. However, you had no direct role in the downward direction that the discussion eventually took. Hopefully, this post will help to calm some of the emotions that have run amok and cause some folks to do some "examining of themselves."

Don't stay away long Big Rich ... you are a very important part of this community.

"Big John
Big John
Big Bad John
Big John

And with all of his strength, he gave a mighty shove.
Then a miner yelled out, 'theres a light up above!'.
And 20 men scrambled from a 'would be' grave
now theres only one left down there to save, Big John...."

TiTo35
12-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Ok I read the whole thing...there maybe some other members that could/should follow in Rich's shoes...not the going on a "spiritual retreat," but to MAN UP and apologize. Hope you return refreshed and more the wiser then you left us...CAM has your back if no one else does! :up:

TooManyFords
12-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Yeah Rich, come back soon. And don't feel like you threw yourself under the bus... there are plenty of others over there that will do that for you if you like.

j/k :D

See ya soon.

justbob
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Rich, though we have never met i will miss some of your posts around here, especially the sarcastic ones! Come back soon and carry on.

Ms. Denmark
12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Keepin' the light on Rich.;)

2ndMDRebel
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Zack, Don’t know if it was you, or you are being falsely accused for sure. If you can settle this issue, though, please do it.

Dennis Reinhart, If you had a hand in this debacle, or have accused Zack unfairly, make it right, will ya please?

There, boiled it down to the question, which one of these two are lying to the community about this? Rich's falling on his own virtual sword shouldn't distract the community from the fact one of these two is lying. The question is does this "community" have the self respect to demand to know the truth?

rayjay
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Rich, you're a stand up guy. No one really wins in these messes. Its sad to see good people get caught up in it trying to do right. Some people will never be satisified especially when they hit the shine while key boarding. Don't stay away long.

TAKEDOWN
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Why not, take some time off, everybody needs it sometimes, it's good for the soul and mind... but don't make it permanent, OKAY!

jflave
12-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Rich, How tall are you ? Check again I think you grew a few inches. :)

ctrlraven
12-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Come back soon Rich, I'll miss seeing you keep Doom in check in the shoutbox and if your not back by the end of the month I hope you and your family have a Happy Holiday and Great New Years!

Motorhead350
12-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Rich get back here or I might have to start rooting for the D's to overtake the O's.

Believe me I understand, do what you gotta do.

MarauderTJA
12-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Rich, relax away from all this stuff for awhile. I did too. We all at times have to get a better sense of things. Sometimes our forums can overpower all of us.

Haggis
12-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Rich, you are a true friend even though it may be misdirected at times, but I have nothing but the very best to say about you.

That inbred carpetbagger arrogant hypocritical ashat got what he deserved, but it is a shame that it affected other people, he should remember what goes around comes around.

MarauderTJA
12-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Rich, you are a true friend even though it may be misdirected at times, but I have nothing but the very best to say about you.

That inbred carpetbagger arrogant hypocritical ashat got what he deserved, but it is ashame that it affected other people, he should remember what goes around comes around.

Damm Gordon, don't hold anything back.....

KillJoy
12-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Gordon, please do not insult inbred carpetbagger arrogant hypocritical ashats like that!!!

:up:

KillJoy

SC Cheesehead
12-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Gordon, please do not insult inbred carpetbagger arrogant hypocritical ashats like that!!!

KillJoy

Who's he talking about? I'm always slow to pick up on these things, ya know. ;)

Mest30
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM
So, does anyone know where I can find the thread that is being discussed? Sounds like an interesting read.

BUCKWHEAT
12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
There, boiled it down to the question, which one of these two are lying to the community about this? Rich's falling on his own virtual sword shouldn't distract the community from the fact one of these two is lying. The question is does this "community" have the self respect to demand to know the truth?

Or perhaps a third party? I didn't like getting my restaurant reservation canceled, but we worked around it. It would really irritate me had my hotel reservation been canceled. That nasty real life behavior has no place in this or any other group.

rayjay
12-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Or perhaps a third party? I didn't like getting my restaurant reservation canceled, but we worked around it. It would really irritate me had my hotel reservation been canceled. That nasty real life behavior has no place in this or any other group.

+1 this kind of sophmoric crap is really beneath the caliber of people in this group.

Hotrauder
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
+1 this kind of sophmoric crap is really beneath the caliber of people in this group.

I am anything but a disinterested 3rd. party in this, however; I will add that the owners declared that the perpetrator would be banned if discovered. Mr Reinhart was an owner at that time and by his own statement he did indeed know who the perpetrator was. There was no banning and a cover-up. So we have confirmed one lie...So yes, indeed this kind of sophmoric crap is beneath the caliber of some of the people here and no so much for some others.

For those who missed the occassion, Hotel reservation were cancelled not just for TAF's room but the meeting room for all Marauders at the hotel and Dinner reservations at the Outback for 20 Marauderers after the race. This was not just for fun but a lash out at the MCM members and TAF both. The same kind of crap was used to a lesser degree in 2006 when Zack was not in attendence but Reinhart was??? And the maids at the Holiday Inn Express were purchased drinks by Zack and encouraged to short sheet TAF's bed in 2007. My quess is they both lied and still are. Dennis

Motorhead350
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
the maids at the Holiday Inn Express were purchased drinks by Zack and encouraged to short sheet TAF's bed in 2007. My quess is they both lied and still are. Dennis

hahaha!

:lol:

knine
12-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I've been a regular at Outback for 11 years, they don't take reservations, so.......what's all this???? :dunno:
...and I've had other reservations lost and cancelled and no-one ever knew where I was. Is it possible at all that this may have happened? Hotels make mistakes too.

Ms. Denmark
12-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't cha just love a good Who Dunnit? :rolleyes:

KillJoy
12-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Zack's Room was cancelled after the first night. I am sure no one cares. BUT, it DID happen....

KillJoy

CBT
12-06-2008, 05:15 PM
...and I've had other reservations lost and cancelled and no-one ever knew where I was.

It was me.

Dennis Reinhart
12-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Impressive letter, and thanks for taking the time and writing this. For the record I had nothing to with the room cancellation, I was with Billy Shear and Steve Shingler eating dinner, they can confirm this,

This is one of the best sites out there, so Zack and I have had a falling out to put it mildly, but I am for the record telling every one on this site I apologized to him for any issue he felt was wrong but he also has done me wrong but all I want is to let this go, it has to stop, its disrupting the whole site, so can we end this now.

I am not perfect I make mistakes but I am trying to do what is right, I have made some here unhappy so I am apologizing to those customers, and I have made far more happier, and I am striving to continue and improve and come up with more ideas and products for this car, most of you have no idea of how many calls I take a day and all that prospective customer wants may be information, I have told many customers that have wanted a product in my opinion its not needed, I know of no other performance shop you can call and spend 15 minutes on the phone for nothing more than information but I do enjoy talking to all of you.

Respectfully
Dennis A Reinhart

Bluerauder
12-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Impressive letter, and thanks for taking the time and writing this. For the record I had nothing to with the room cancellation, I was with Billy Shear and Steve Shingler eating dinner, they can confirm this,

This is one of the best sites out there, so Zack and I have had a falling out to put it mildly, but I am for the record telling every one on this site I apologized to him for any issue he felt was wrong but he also has done me wrong but all I want is to let this go, it has to stop, its disrupting the whole site, so can we end this now.

I am not perfect I make mistakes but I am trying to do what is right, I have made some here unhappy so I am apologizing to those customers, and I have made far more happier, and I am striving to continue and improve and come up with more ideas and products for this car, most of you have no idea of how many calls I take a day and all that prospective customer wants may be information, I have told many customers that have wanted a product in my opinion its not needed, I know of no other performance shop you can call and spend 15 minutes on the phone for nothing more than information but I do enjoy talking to all of you.

Respectfully
Dennis A Reinhart
But you didn't directly address the BIG question so I am left with drawing my own conclusion on this.

Blackmobile
12-07-2008, 09:17 AM
But you didn't directly address the BIG question so I am left with drawing my own conclusion on this.

And what question is that? If you are referring to
"which one of these two are lying to the community about this?
If you are referring this to Zack, didn't he answer that multiple times? (IMHO, I don't think that's his style).
If you are directing it to Dennis R., wouldn't you think Zack's voice would be the loudest against this?
These 2 have been having it out for a while, so I'd think you'd take what they say about one another with a grain of salt. I'm not up on all the particulars, but this site and the people who make it up are well above this sort of bashing. And in the words of one who was bashed off the site and whom we all owe respect and some of us an apology to:

"Carry on Gents"

Ed

KillJoy
12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
And in the words of one who was bashed off the site and whom we all owe respect and some of us an apology to:

"Carry on Gents"

Ed

Mac was not bashed off the site. When the other Owners asked him to tone down his moderation, the took his ball and went home, turning his back on the entire community. Why? Because he could not take being the critizism.

KillJoy

Blackmobile
12-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Mac was not bashed off the site. When the other Owners asked him to tone down his moderation, the took his ball and went home, turning his back on the entire community. Why? Because he could not take being the critizism.

KillJoy

Like a lot of us on this forum.
We all have to take responsability for what happens here. Good and bad.
Shoot, I still read his documentation on blowers and it still right on after all this time.

Cobra25
12-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I really wish some of you could get along better but I see that won't happen. It's ok if both partys agree to disagree from time to time but sometimes people have to take it to the next level which is not what alot of us like to see here. Zack & Dennis are both good people. I don't know Zack well but from what I've heard about him from other's tell's me has a very smart Guy and has alot of knowledge about our cars. Dennis is also a good guy and very smart also . In the past Dennis has made some mistakes but over the past few years has come a long way . He also try's his best when he has made mistakes to correct them which I have to respect. People got too stop living in the past and move on . While I didn't follow the particulas much in this arguement , it's clear to me that people need to respect each other a little more. If both partys Agree to Disagree everyone will be better off.

Windsor58
12-10-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't know what this is all about, but I can say that I've known Dennis for over a year, now, and I have never seen anything to make me think he was dishonest or trying to rip folks off. In fact, quite the opposite, I have been very impressed with the way he treated me. He even under-charged me for work he had done and when I pointed it out, he said it was his mistake so not to worry about it. That doesn't seem like someone who is trying to rip anyone off. He has also called me long distance more than once to make sure I was squared away. Never charged me for all the phone calls I made either. I live in Colorado and will make the drive back to Dennis' shop for the next major upgrades. That should show how satisfied I am with him.
That said, I don't know Zack that well, but I did buy a beautiful badgeless grill from him that was just as advertised. Zack has answered some of my questions on here and obviously has a lot of knowledge about our cars.
I wonder if whatever happened to set this off was a mistake by someone other than these two guys. One of the posts said something about a room getting cancelled. Isn't it possible that someone other than these guys did it, or the hotel just screwed up? I like to think the best of folks until I see proof otherwise.
I know I haven't been involved here that long, but I sure wish folks could get along. This is a great site with some really great folks on here.

BUCKWHEAT
12-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I walked up to the matre dam station & she told me that someone had called in to cancel the reservation. Whatever the restaurant's policy on reservations, they had taken one for the large MM group. The gal got her manager and they worked hard to put some tables together to accomodate us. Been there, saw that.

I've been a regular at Outback for 11 years, they don't take reservations, so.......what's all this???? :dunno:
...and I've had other reservations lost and cancelled and no-one ever knew where I was. Is it possible at all that this may have happened? Hotels make mistakes too.

CVPete
01-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Wow, theirs a lot here to sort thru but I feel as the poster a few back that has known dennis for a couple of years now and he has done nothing but try to help me. I for one think Dennis is a very reputable and straightforward person, thank you Dennis!

Pete