PDA

View Full Version : De La Hoya v. Paquiao

TAKEDOWN
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Anyone see this fight? Great brawl... unless you were rootin' for ???. Don't want to go into details for those who want to see the fight, but have not seen it yet.

1 Bad Merc
12-07-2008, 12:52 AM
I got a feeling that De La Hoya (pretty boy) got another as* whipping! Paquiao looked like a pretty mean street fighting guy. So now that it is Sunday and is probably all over ESPN -let me know who won the fight!

sd8683
12-07-2008, 01:07 AM
The fight went exactly how I expected, it was a joke, "he" never had a chance, "he" was destroyed every round!

1 Bad Merc
12-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Here's the problem with this.....he did not give a shi* because he still got paid millions of dollars to just show up. The pride/respect thing is all BS as it is now about the money. He wanted one more pay day without getting his' face to tore up and I believe he is in his' mid thirties right now and knows he is done.

I can't believe that their are that many suckers out there that would pay for this fight! Just like when Tyson was fighting the has-beens and never wheres' for big money....boxing has really become a joke. It is almost as bad as WWE BS.

Brad

TAKEDOWN
12-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Here's the problem with this.....he did not give a shi* because he still got paid millions of dollars to just show up. The pride/respect thing is all BS as it is now about the money. He wanted one more pay day without getting his' face to tore up and I believe he is in his' mid thirties right now and knows he is done.

I can't believe that their are that many suckers out there that would pay for this fight! Just like when Tyson was fighting the has-beens and never wheres' for big money....boxing has really become a joke. It is almost as bad as WWE BS.

Brad

I guess I'M A SUCKER in your eyes, because I paid for this fight, but it's nice to know someone is celebrating with $600.00 more in their pocket!!!

justbob
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Jeesh Brad bad day?

Vortex
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
I like De La Hoya and hope he quits. Frankly, boxing hasnt been the same since the late eighties.

justbob
12-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Glad to hear about your newly found earnings Drew! Never mind Brad, he's still upset about buying a silver. J/K Brad, you ready for another run down the track?

TAKEDOWN
12-07-2008, 09:31 AM
JustBob, you should've stopped by! Good food, good drinks, good times... I'm sure you knew, who we were rootin' for, a lot of celebrating, and someone's pocket got rEaL FaT!

Aren Jay
12-07-2008, 01:43 PM
.............................. ........

1 Bad Merc
12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Bob,

Had a few cocktails last night and just spoke my mind :) !

I am actually surprised that Drew found odds that would pay him out so much as the bookies, um, special gambling representatives that I knew told me the odds were pretty skewed. Congrats on the win Drew.

I am getting ready for the track Bob because after getting a ride in your car I could not get it out of my mind and I am one of the guys that just purchased a used Trilogy from Jerry B last week! I will be ready come this spring!

Brad

justbob
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
COOL Brad!!!!! I knew you would get one! If you need any help with it let me know. You will not be disapointed! Make sure to post up about it.

Bob

Now back to the fight.

UncleLar
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Back when my son was boxing out of Hamlin Park David Diaz also boxed there.Everyone knows David lost the fight with Paquaio and a lot of people really got down on him.Now maybe after seeing the results of last night's fight David will get the credit and respect he is due.I met David in the late 80's and he was and still is a quiet and humble guy and a nice guy.He was always willing to help the younger guys training in the gym,he had my respect then and still has it now.
My son watched the fight and stated simply that Paquaio is a cyborg,a real wrecking machine,I agree.