PDA

View Full Version : SNOW, who got whooped the worse?

rayjay
12-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Nothing we can't handle here, about 8" and still coming down. Didn't like 21 hrs in it. Heavy wet stuff off the ocean. Tonight "lake effect off Ontario" wee haa! gotta love it here. :P

WHats this NOLA got snow, AYFKME???

jdando
12-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Nothing but cold here in MN :( They are saying 6-8" for the weekend :snowman:

Aren Jay
12-12-2008, 08:20 AM
.............................. .

Pops
12-12-2008, 08:21 AM
We are getting it a a pretty good rate in southwest Michigan right now!

Jolly Roger
12-12-2008, 08:29 AM
had a foot getting 6" more.

No lakes for lake effect.

Getting cold tonight -20, -30 on sunday.

Cold is worse than snow, although snow is bad.

hmm thinking of moving somewhere warm.

Come to Cleveland, Ohio.
no snow.
It's a nice baulmy 27 degrees here,
(but it's a dry heat):)

Marauder386
12-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Nothing we can't handle here, about 8" and still coming down. Didn't like 21 hrs in it. Heavy wet stuff off the ocean. Tonight "lake effect off Ontario" wee haa! gotta love it here. :P

WHats this NOLA got snow, AYFKME???

The heavy wind and rain I got here became your snow ... my apologies...

:cool4:

Ms. Denmark
12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
No snow here, Ray, just buckets and buckets of rain. It was cold and windy to boot. Take it easy up there. And don't forget to check in with Charlie for instructions on being the exemplary husband when the weather is bad. You'll want to make Arleen as happy as Charlie makes Bernie. ;)

CRUZTAKER
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
62 and rain yesterday.

Around 40 now. No snow. Some ice issues northwest of us.

Geez...Boston in December...get an inch of snow and it's the weather headline.:rolleyes::P

offroadkarter
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
No snow here, Ray, just buckets and buckets of rain. It was cold and windy to boot.

It's been raining and 48-55 here :confused:

Still, i demand snow! :D

sd8683
12-12-2008, 07:44 PM
62 and rain yesterday.

Around 40 now. No snow. Some ice issues northwest of us.

Geez...Boston in December...get an inch of snow and it's the weather headline.:rolleyes::P

Very true Barry....... It's because the news knows how much we HATE the snow around here!!:cool:

Vortech347
12-13-2008, 04:19 AM
You bastards stole our snow, please ship it back to Utah. We're dying here. Nothin...

Bluerauder
12-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Looks like the entire New England area got hit with a major ice storm. Hundreds of thousand of folks without electric from Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Don't know how much more extensive it was.

Pops
12-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Six inches here yesterday! Plus down to 14 degrees during the night. Its supposed to warm up to the 30s today.

rayjay
12-13-2008, 03:13 PM
No snow here, Ray, just buckets and buckets of rain. It was cold and windy to boot. Take it easy up there. And don't forget to check in with Charlie for instructions on being the exemplary husband when the weather is bad. You'll want to make Arleen as happy as Charlie makes Bernie. ;)

Got it covered Paula ;) We got another 6" yesterday into this morning. I knew it was really cold when it was snowing over night and the sky was clear :rolleyes: It was still only 10 degrees out when I finally got home two hours late. There are 150k people without power in the Capital District, about 100 miles east of us. Now their saying 53 degrees for Monday :confused: I hate this, either stay cold or stay warm, all this temperature filp flopping just makes people get sick. Doesn't slow the drunks down though, dispersed a near riot at a bar last night with 150+ involved road conditions greatly delayed backup from arriving. I just loved being the only unit there :censor:
22 months, 3 days to freedom :banana:

Ms. Denmark
12-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Wow Ray! Braves the nastiest weather and fights a crime-wave singlehandedly. You're my HERO! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

rayjay
12-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Wow Ray! Braves the nastiest weather and fights a crime-wave singlehandedly. You're my HERO! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wow thanks, :o Reality is, as unfortunate as it sounds, the near riot is semi normal for that particular bar. Severe epidemic of too much alcohol into too small a mind. Only a matter of time before the NYS Liquor Authority closes it. Now if the university would require more than money in the hand, intelligence optional, to enroll, everyones life in this area would improve. Can't say a lot of good about the place when my lovely wife needs a 140# Rottie to protect her when she goes for a walk in broad daylight. :shake:

Bluerauder
12-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Take it easy up there. And don't forget to check in with Charlie for instructions on being the exemplary husband when the weather is bad. You'll want to make Arleen as happy as Charlie makes Bernie. ;)
It is just my excuse to go out and play in the snow. ;)