PDA

View Full Version : Help, I think I have an engine problem

Motorhead350
12-17-2008, 11:25 PM
This is in reguards to the K5 Blazer. When I got it back from the bodyshop it seemed like it was running funny. It now vibrates a lot when I just let off the brake petal from a stand still... so when it's going like 1 or 2mph on the brake, it shakes a lot and it's never done this before. When I give it gas it seems like it needs more power to get going or sometimes I'll be on the gas and suddenly it'll give me more power. It's acting like it's not running on all cylinders or maybe it's a vacum leak.

I looked and everything looks fine. The spark plug wires are all hooked up, I cannot find anything that is disconnected either. I am taking this back to the bodyshop and demand they fix what they repaired. :rolleyes: See this is why I hate take any of my cars to anyone, but bodywork is something I really cannot do.

If you guys could shead some light on this I would apprecaite it rather then drive it back to the place. I need it for the snow and I have a lot of driving to do today and this weekend.

The Marauder had a vacum leak about 16 months ago and it was acting a lot worse and was pretty much barly running. The truck runs pretty good, but getting out of the hole, barly moving and idol all seem underpowered.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

BTW my truck is fuel injected and I am posting this on wwww.ck5.com too, but this site is actually more helpful then the hardcore Blazer guys.

sd8683
12-17-2008, 11:37 PM
How long was it sitting for? Maybe bad gas? Try to run the tank dry and put some fresh 93 in it. Just a suggestion.

Aren Jay
12-17-2008, 11:54 PM
.............................. .

Motorhead350
12-17-2008, 11:58 PM
The gas was about 2 months old when I picked it up and it was fine. After that they had it for about two weeks with fresh gas. Aron they didn't do any additional bodywork since I got it back. I had it fixed for 2 months, drove it for 2 weeks and took it back for things they forgot. It was there for another 2 weeks and when I got it back it was doing this.

Aren Jay
12-18-2008, 12:57 AM
.............................. .

fastblackmerc
12-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Good luck with getting a body shop to fix an engine problem...... :shake:

BODYMAN
12-18-2008, 06:15 AM

CHANCE OF THAT?:coolman:

TJCOX
12-18-2008, 06:25 AM
Check your plug wires and also disconnected vacuum hoses.

Was work done around the engine compartment?

Good Luck!

tom

TJCOX
12-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Carb flooding?

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Gotta check them fuel injected carb'muretors

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM

For whatever reason the hood was open whenever I went to check on it. It wasn't like I had them replace a fender... it doesn't make since to me. Plus my Straight Edge sticker was stolen too and that was under the hood. :mad: They said I could take it back tomorrow, but I'd rather figure this out here.

The pully for the carb seems to be alright and since it's a diesel I made sure the spark plugs were kept extra clean. :D

12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
It's a TBI, there isn't too much that can suddenly go wrong w/ the engine. I mean theres a lot that can go wrong with a TBI in general like any EFI engine but...

I don't think anyone is going to be able to diagnose rough running over the internet.

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I just think something is disconnected that's all.

12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Any sensor being disconnected would throw a check engine light

larryo340
12-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe the brakes are sticking ??

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
HA! Check engine light. I haven't seen that on in years even when I had an engine fire. Larry the brakes would make since IF this was only during braking, but the idol and accelerating is a problem too.

12-18-2008, 02:36 PM
If your CEL is not working you have some issues w/ that vehicle. If you pull any sensor, temp, TPS, etc, you should almost immediately get a CEL. If not find out why. The computer controls everything and if the computer is not happy it's never going to run right. Does your CEL check w/ the bulb test when you key on? If so make sure you can pull a code 12 w A&B jumped to make sure the ECM is working. If so proceed. If not, find out why not!

larryo340
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
HA! Check engine light. I haven't seen that on in years even when I had an engine fire. Larry the brakes would make since IF this was only during braking, but the idol and accelerating is a problem too.
If a caliper or wheel cylinder are binding it would happen with your foot OFF the brake pedal. The engine has to fight the extra drag of the brakes. I can't say that IS your answer, but it can and does happen.

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
I think someone removed the CEL, that's why it won't go on. :o

Larry I never knew that. Thanks for the lession! :)

Bobmiddle
12-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Most body shops disconect the battery when dooing any work. That is most likley the reason the hood was open the whole time. But if they stole anything including a sticker that would be an issue. My parents own a body shop in Ca and they have a policy not to touch anything that is not part of the repair. Do Not touch the radio, seat position, even the spare change in the cup holders or it could cost you your job.

Motorhead350
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
I have no idea why my sticker was stolen... I guess someone in the shop was a drug user and I offended him. :rolleyes: I'll be there tomorrow to find out why this is happening.

Rocknthehawk
12-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Most body shops disconect the battery when dooing any work. That is most likley the reason the hood was open the whole time. But if they stole anything including a sticker that would be an issue. My parents own a body shop in Ca and they have a policy not to touch anything that is not part of the repair. Do Not touch the radio, seat position, even the spare change in the cup holders or it could cost you your job.

That's how it's SUPPOSED to be...

when i was working for a body shop thats how we did it.

I remember finding a $20 bill under a seat once....i put it in a cup holder and continued what i was doing. I know i'd be pissed if someone stole my stuff.

Motorhead350
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Turns out my Hooker Headers melted a few spark plug wires. That's all. I didn't notice this until someone sprayed water on the wires. I'm going to fix it soon as it cools down.