PDA

View Full Version : Just in time for Christmas...

rayjay
12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
My wife lost her job today. The company is in its 5th year and not doing well. My intuition told me this coming. Good thing we do not depend on her salary... bastages :mad2: This will mean I can not take a early retirement if offered in the near future, now that BLOWSSSS :censor:

Ms. Denmark
12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
We are so sorry to hear that, Ray. Please give our best to Arleen. With her adorable personality and wonderful sense of humor, another company will be lucky to have her. We will be thinking of you guys and send all our best wishes. You know to call if there's anything we can do. You've got each other and Brittany. This too shall pass. :)

Bluerauder
12-18-2008, 06:44 PM
My wife lost her job today.

Sorry to hear this Ray. Hope all works out for you and your family.

TAKEDOWN
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
That sucks... my wife recently lost her job too! She's got a new one with better pay and doesn't have to work as hard. I guess things happen for a reason, so maybe there's a bigger and better plan in store for both you guys. Keep your heads up, and stay positive Sir!

fastblackmerc
12-18-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear about her job. Good luck finding another!

Dennis Reinhart
12-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Right now five dealerships have closed up in the Jacksonville Orange Park area, I am 56 I have never seen it this bad, I talk to tool distributors and other vendors, and it is the same story, for any of you that have seen 60 minutes in the last two weeks, you would have seen the Florida is the #1 State for home foreclosures, 179,000 homes, 1 in 7 home owners in the USA are at least 30 days behind in there mortgage, and the USA will see another huge round of foreclosure's in 2009 and 2010, this effecting every one. A large Ford Dealership in Saint Augustine has 13 mechanics and they up to 120 days ago averaged 44 cars a day, they now are down to 10,
I do feel general automotive will improve because people are not running out and buying new cars, there keeping there older cars and fixing them where as in the past years they would trade for 0% fin, 0 down no payments for 90 days, but all that has changed. Also many small companies are firing the senior higher paid employees, to hire less expensive and experienced staff. So yes it is very sad but this has happened before, and there will be a recovery, but a lot of small business are going to go under with out some kind of help. Ray I am sorry to hear about this and I am sure she will be able to find other work. And I know you have many thoughts and prayers from the members here.

rayjay
12-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks all, this has stressed me out at a time when there is already enough stress to go around. The reason I mentioned the 5 yr mark for the company is that I believe the owners were using this as a tax shelter. If it made good, fine, if it didn't, close it, take the money and run. The owners wouldn't let my wife advertise or do the little things for the referring doctors that keeps new patients coming in. So over the last six months or so the business has dwindled to where it became unprofitable. Nice huh? I guess thats using the system to ones own advantage... Did I mention I hate ******** CROOKS :mad2: