PDA

View Full Version : Fusion mods

hot-rauder
12-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Well I already wnat to start modding my 06 Fusion, but not too drastically yet. Seeing as though it is winter, I will not be doing any of this till spring, but I wanted to get a list together to see what I may be able to do.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I cannot find very much out there.

I am already planning on doing a bold 5 spoke rim, black emblems, chrome inserts for the fog lights, and hopefully chrome window trim ( like the Marauder has).

Here is a beauty shot of it covered in rain, although it was taken the morning of the New England ice storm lol.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z302/blkmarauder/random169.jpg

These rims, 18s
http://www.buywheelstoday.com/images_products/L_5181.jpg

and emblems
http://planetauto.homestead.com/

Windsor58
12-19-2008, 11:11 PM
The wheels would definitely look sharp. I'd look to see what else is available out there to get other ideas. Try fordaccessories.com and steedafusion.com for starters. I just did a search and these seemed like likely starting points. Good luck.
PS. Nice color...

justbob
12-19-2008, 11:27 PM
here's something small:
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2006_9999_fusion/performance/turbos_and_superchargers/turbos/hks/

Rocknthehawk
12-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Is there a way to re-attach your testicles?

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 04:14 AM

Having problems are we?

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Thanks guys, I am just having problems finding any mods out there for these things....

I have seen steedafusion.com before, and I have a few things already in my cart, just need to checkout lol

Eric-Blk2004
12-20-2008, 05:39 AM
A hooked up fusion? Kind of reminds me like a hooked up accord...

Shouldnt a modified car have like a strong base? Like a popular v8 motor, 32valves..

You know something worth modifying? Its a commuter car...aside from rims why do anything else to it? Borderline rice if you start adding anything to it lol.

Just my .02 cents

Eric-Blk2004
12-20-2008, 05:41 AM
And no I am not jealous, trust me on that :)

I can understand the rims, since the stock rims look like a GEO metro set. But anything beyond that is pushing domestic rice. Its like hooking up a saturn aura or something.

Maybe a sound system but does those have Sync anyway?

not5-0
12-20-2008, 05:51 AM
I have seen a fusion with mustang bullit wheels and I thought it looked really good. I know that you can get brand new take off with tires pretty cheap too..

rayjay
12-20-2008, 06:45 AM
There are parts out there. Try Steeda. There should be at least intakes and tunes available. Now if it was a Focus, I could tell you just what to do. :D

Mike
12-20-2008, 07:15 AM
here's something small:
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/2006_9999_fusion/performance/turbos_and_superchargers/turbos/hks/

I like these ^^^^^^ ideas best :banana2:

DTRMiguel
12-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Get these :rofl: http://www.bumper-nuts.com//

CBT
12-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Instant power mods. Feel free to put a couple on your helmet.

ImpalaSlayer
12-20-2008, 09:28 AM
i think bobs idea is best

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 11:24 AM
And no I am not jealous, trust me on that :)

I can understand the rims, since the stock rims look like a GEO metro set. But anything beyond that is pushing domestic rice. Its like hooking up a saturn aura or something.

Maybe a sound system but does those have Sync anyway?

well lets see....

If it doesnt have a goofy wing, goofy sound, goofy decals, goofy body kits, and seats leaned so far back you cant even sit up to see over the wheel, is it still rice?

I am not ricing out the car. I want it to be nicely modified to a point where it looks good, but not stupid and ricey. I will not put anything that looks like it could fit on a Honda. Take Barry's Focus for example....
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/2/6/FOCUSREPAIRED.jpg

Blk Mamba
12-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Why not black out the grill, maybe go badgeless, it's yours, only one you have to please is you. Have fun, a turbo would be fun.

Rocknthehawk
12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Why not black out the grill, maybe go badgeless, it's yours, only one you have to please is you. Have fun, a turbo would be fun.

badgeless...oh snap...never thought of that.

the brand new ones have a black chrome grill option....it looks badass.

magindat
12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Steeda. I 've seen some of their fusion stuff - pretty cool.

ctrlraven
12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Now this is sharp looking.

http://www.andysautosport.com/images/vehicle_top/ford_fusion_06-up.jpg

JamesHecker
12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Meaning no disrespect to you hot-rauder, and maybe I shouldn't be encouraging Thunderbolt:)

But...that right there...is funny.

Rocknthehawk
12-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Meaning no disrespect to you hot-rauder, and maybe I shouldn't be encouraging Thunderbolt:)

But...that right there...is funny.

Don't worry James, Adam (Hot-Rauder) is my twin brother :P

The Fusion on AAS has the 3dCarbon bodykit

justbob
12-20-2008, 04:23 PM
After the turbo you could mount a modified version of the last generation wrx scoop, that would dress her up a little and be justified.

Eric-Blk2004
12-20-2008, 05:02 PM
I am sorry I am just a fan of rims on cheaper end cars. I understand people want to dress up a car etc etc. But black rims on that focus looks : / to me. I mean if you like it whatever, but it looks kind of silly on a commuter car.

I would not turbo this car considering there is not that much info on tuning etc and you would be a ginea pig. Plus the whole money spent to what gained ratio. I mean its also why I am against S/C's for the marauder. 8k to run 12s? Seems kind of ridiculous.

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I am sorry I am just a fan of rims on cheaper end cars. I understand people want to dress up a car etc etc. But black rims on that focus looks : / to me. I mean if you like it whatever, but it looks kind of silly on a commuter car.

I would not turbo this car considering there is not that much info on tuning etc and you would be a ginea pig. Plus the whole money spent to what gained ratio. I mean its also why I am against S/C's for the marauder. 8k to run 12s? Seems kind of ridiculous.

we all have our opinions, I will not be doing black rims.

Well wouldnt it be funny when my commuter car woops your marauder, considering I paid $9,900 for mine with 3k in mods i would smoke your $18k investment.

Its a fun car to drive and a lot better then MY marauder was. I just want it to look as good.

Master
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
I love the black cragar SS style rims on a Fusion. Saw a set on one here in Nova Scotia and it looked SHARP!

Green96
12-20-2008, 06:22 PM
My the rotors were warpes on my wifes Milan, so it is more of a repair than a mod but I put some EBC rotors on it. The braking is much improved. I went with dimpled and slotted front and slotted rears. It looks a little bumb on a Milan since it is more luxury styled, but it might look cool on a Fusion. There are also some swaybars available.

justbob
12-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Its good to be a ginea pig. You can pioneer the market and possibly even sell intall documents / fabed components, etc. I was just messin with ya anyways with the idea. But your right $3-$4,000 and you would whip a stock Rauder, mustang, Etc. thats not even a question. BTW Eric your thoughts on the hole 12 sec. Marauder would change with just one ride. Also to acheive 12 sec. all you have to do is open the big box shipped to you, you can achieve much more with just tuning and a pulley.

sd8683
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
we all have our opinions, I will not be doing black rims.

Well wouldnt it be funny when my commuter car woops your marauder, considering I paid $9,900 for mine with 3k in mods i would smoke your $18k investment.

Its a fun car to drive and a lot better then MY marauder was. I just want it to look as good.

Haha...... Easy there killa, you started this thread looking for advice/opinions, that being said its your car so do what you want! But definatly get some wheels.

hot-rauder
12-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Haha...... Easy there killa, you started this thread looking for advice/opinions, that being said its your car so do what you want! But definatly get some wheels.

I know Sean, I'm sorry.

I know the rims have to go, and now that badgeless was mention.....

Oh did I mention what a tank this car is in the snow. Given it is a 5 speed FWD car, it is phenomenal. I love it!

anyone good at photoshop? would be nice to get an idea of it.

Rocknthehawk
12-21-2008, 12:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/rocknthehawk/fusion.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/rocknthehawk/fusion2.jpg

TAKEDOWN
12-21-2008, 12:53 AM
I really like the black badgeless look... go for it!

Eric-Blk2004
12-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Yes because I bought my marauder for speed...lol. All I did was a dvd screen navi, the guy before put in the exhaust I just had to get it retuned.

The marauder is 4 door sedan meant for cruising, not "spirited driving" I dont see this car handling corners and have lovely acceleration, its just roaring glides down the road in a straight line. The fusion is a commuter car or a mid size sedan, I wouldnt give it a performance badge by any stretch of the imagination. Is the accord a performance car?

Damn dude I just said I think smacking turbo's and crap onto a commuter car is not different then doing it on an accord. Everyone flames accords for rice so what makes the fusion different? I not here sporting my marauder as something it is not. If I wanted fast I would of gotten a sports car, like a mustang vette etc.

Enjoy the rims, and I probably wouldnt waste the gas on a fusion :) its like racing a focus or a crown vic - why bother lol

hot-rauder
12-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Everyone flames accords for rice so what makes the fusion different?

Import vs. Domestic.

Plus how many goofy souped up Fusions do you see? I dont see many people putting useless wings and underglow on their Fusions. People make Accords ricey, not Fusions.

Vortex
12-21-2008, 09:08 AM
No offense but Id leave it alone and just drive it. Fusions are not particularly known as hot rods.

rayjay
12-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I am sorry I am just a fan of rims on cheaper end cars. I understand people want to dress up a car etc etc. But black rims on that focus looks : / to me. I mean if you like it whatever, but it looks kind of silly on a commuter car

Have you ever driven a Focus? I know you would be suprised by the handling/ride NIB. Add a few suspension mods with wider stickier tires and you have a car that is glued to the road like its on rails. There is no way a MM would have been able to catch my ZX3 in the twisties. Add forced induction and the MM is not going to catch it on a road course, period.

Not to mention that the after market for the Focus is HUGE and parts are cheap compared to the MM after market. I wish I had some digital pics of my ZX3 to post. I loved that car, but it was time to move on.

I will say I am not a fan of non functional parts, such as body kits, :puke:

hot-rauder
12-21-2008, 11:46 AM
No offense but Id leave it alone and just drive it. Fusions are not particularly known as hot rods.

IM NOT MAKING IT A HOT ROD

I just want it to look good and drive nice. Im not looking to win races.

TAKEDOWN
12-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Do what you like!

Eric-Blk2004
12-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Have you ever driven a Focus? I know you would be suprised by the handling/ride NIB. Add a few suspension mods with wider stickier tires and you have a car that is glued to the road like its on rails. There is no way a MM would have been able to catch my ZX3 in the twisties. Add forced induction and the MM is not going to catch it on a road course, period.

Not to mention that the after market for the Focus is HUGE and parts are cheap compared to the MM after market. I wish I had some digital pics of my ZX3 to post. I loved that car, but it was time to move on.

I will say I am not a fan of non functional parts, such as body kits, :puke:

Have you driven a WRX? :) Garuntee night day difference :).

The ZX3 was a small hatchback FWD. You could say the exact same thing about a civic hatch, exact same. People are just bias because its from Japan lol. It soooo sad. Dude its a 4 banger FWD we burn these cars all day but when its domestic it is suppose to be better? Come on....

I am not trying to flame but we seriously need to stop the blind and mindless hating on Japanese cars, soon thats all we will be able to drive!

Plus a single t72 supra on the highway is probably one of the faster cars out there, plently of videos to support :)

Vortech347
12-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I almost got Fusion when I was car hunting after the last MM. Untill I drove one. I almost threw up, hitting the gas nothing happened. The interior was nice, but offer one with more PEP!!

Bought another MM.

DTRMiguel
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Do what you like to it. it is your car :D

BlownMerc
12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
The new sport with the 3.5L will be interesting to see how the power department pans out. I like the look of the Fusion and agree with wheels and cleaning up the look with black-out and badges. Anything that sets a car out from the crowd is enjoyable. Make yourself happy. I think Roush has some rim packages, haven't looked in a while. Can't wait for Ecoboost in this platform!

larryo340
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Have you driven a WRX? :) Garuntee night day difference :)

I worked in a Lincoln/Mercury/Subaru dealer, and thought the WRX was nothing special. Yes it's got a little power, but drives like crap. I was there when we got the first year STi (2003? I think) and I was not expecting much with it until I drove it. I figured it was just a WRX with a little more power, but boy :eek: was I surprised to find it was nothing like the WRX. It had alot of torque right off the line, it didn't feel like a turbo car to me, it felt more like dare I say a V8. I took it down a nice stretch of road and before long the prep guy who took a ride with me was yelling at me to slow down. To my surprise I was hitting 120 MPH. Handling was also very good, the brakes were great, and you gotta love a car that comes factory with "summer tires". They're great if you under 150lbs, but I felt like Sherman Klump the Nutty Professor getting stuck in the Viper :o.

Sorry to get off track here, it's your car and you can paint it pink and put 22's on it if you want to. At least it's a http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:7oYxq6lDBNxzsM:ht tp://www.boycottford.com/images/ford_logo.gif.

Do what you like to it. it is your car :D

^^^^^^^ Ditto and Ditto again :D

slick rick
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
A MM with no mods is slow.

offroadkarter
12-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Adam here's the best mod to do

Drop the V6 in, make the fusion sport that ford should have made :D

DTRMiguel
12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Sorry to get off track here, it's your car and you can paint it pink and put 22's on it if you want to. At least it's a http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:7oYxq6lDBNxzsM:ht tp://www.boycottford.com/images/ford_logo.gif.

^^^^^^^ Ditto and Ditto again :D[/quote]

Exactly as long as HE is paying the note and no one else is. HE can do what HE wants to HIS car!:D;)

TAKEDOWN
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm sure whatever you do to it , it'll look cool!

Aren Jay
12-24-2008, 10:02 AM
.............................. .

hot-rauder
12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
There is the better mod. It is called, the Marauder mod.

You start by selling your fusion and buying Magindats' or another member Marauder. You then add fuel and enjoy. It is very easy to do and with the number of inexpensive Marauders about it will beat anything else that you can do to a fusion.

I realize you are still on the new car high but you will come down eventually and start to regret not having switched to a better Marauder. It will hit you one day. Then you will look back at the money you wasted on a fusion and hopefully you will not be completely broke.

Hahaha! thanks Aren.

The reason I bought the Fusion, was to get out of debt. I have medical bills that I unfortunately was not able to pay with all the money I already had going out. So the Marauder left, along with its high gas bill, high cost of repairs, high insurance bill, and most of all, thew high amounts of worry and stress.

It is not wasting money to make your car look better, or perform more so in the way you want it to, however that may be. It is wasting money if you replace the motor on your car, and then need to do it 6 months later as well, or to continue milking a bad car, just to say you have it.

I'm happy with the Fusion, and no the ew car high has worn off. I enjoy being able to drive it with no worries, and no special winter wheels, in the snow. I love having the 5 speed and getting 35mpg. I love the stereo system and do honestly enjoy the ride quality and the car in general.

Master
12-24-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't blame you at all. I think the difference between what most of us do and what others do to create "rice" is that we excercise something called "good taste". The fusion is a nice little car, can be made to look good very easily, and will handle like nobodies business. For the 5 grand you would spend getting a tubo put on, you'd kick a stock MMs butt, be 15k ahead, and still get 35mph. Its what you like. I got the MM because the Tempo was pretty worn out and had become mainly a track car. Ford had nothing like it in their stable short of the MM, so I bought one. I liked the extra room, but it would certainly not walk away from the v-6. The MM is nice, but hardly th end-all. your Fusion is a nice little car. Enjoy it, dress it up, and avoid becoming "rice", which I know you will or you wouldn't have found the collective here in the first place.

TAKEDOWN
12-24-2008, 09:15 PM
He'll be back with a MARAUDER... trust me!

hot-rauder
12-24-2008, 09:25 PM
He'll be back with a MARAUDER... trust me!

..... when the time is right, not just any normal Marauder.

I'm thinking of a word. It begins with a B and ends with D

B*****D

:D

or a charger srt8 lol

TAKEDOWN
12-24-2008, 09:33 PM

B*****D

or a charger srt8 lol

LOL! I better shut my mouth if I want that sign! :lol:

offroadkarter
12-24-2008, 11:02 PM

B*****D

or a charger srt8 lol

BAAAAAD? :confused:

hot-rauder
12-25-2008, 12:24 AM
BAAAAAD? :confused:
close lol

it will be baaaaad with it though.

MeadeRaudeR
12-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Is it ......Blowed?

erainsford
12-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Yo Buddy, For your Fusion mods, do what makes you happy and what your wallet can handle. You don't have do everything all at once, take your time and enjoy what you do. Just my thoughts. Best of luck

hot-rauder
12-25-2008, 10:48 PM
BOOSTED

yum, the sweet sound of boost.