PDA

View Full Version : ATV Storage Question. What to do???

fordman
12-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Well my wife suprised the hell out of me tonight and bought me a brand new Suzuki King Quad 400 ATV for Christmas. It looks like I'll have to store it at my In Laws summer home for the rest of the winter. My question is how should I store this and what should I do to it to keep it staying new until the spring? Trickle charger? Fuel additive? It has 3 miles on it and I want it perfect for the spring. I figured there's no better place to ask this question than here. Thanks Everyone.

jabird56
12-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Stabilizer in the gas, run the ATV to get the treated gas through the system, turn the fuel valve to off and let the engine starve itself.
Disconnect the battery. Trickle charge it in the Spring when before you hook it back up.

Battery on my 2005 Honda RINCON lasted 2 years, about normal for these small 12V batteries.

Why not have some fun in the snow with it?

Oh Yeah......

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And what a GREAT wife you have... :)

:santaw: :snowman: :santa:

:xtree::wreath::wreath2:

TAKEDOWN
12-25-2008, 05:57 AM
That's an awesome gift... are you gonna give it some play/plow time in the snow?

whd507
12-25-2008, 01:34 PM
most trickle chargers/maintainers have a plug that you attach to the battery cables and leave it, so you only have to plug it in and leave it. get a maintainer, install the lead, plug it in, treat the fuel with stabil as directed above, and have fun in the spring. if you maintain the battery it can last 4-5 years, but most people don't.

offroadkarter
12-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Keep a battery tender on the battery for the rest of winter

A little oil in the cylinder

Sta-bil in the gas tank, run it thru the gas system

Turn gas off

And if you can, keep the tires off the ground.

fordman
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys! Looks like I'll luck out after all this winter. The last few days my Father and I where able to "move some things around" in my parents garage and it looks like we now have enough room to park 2 cars and the ATV in there for the rest of the winter. Im still taking your advice on the fuel stabilizer beacause I dont think I'll have time to start it to often but I will be in that snow with it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again guys.