PDA

View Full Version : No more vids from me

94_302
12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Youtube has kindly deleted my "Big Marauder Vid" and "11052" vids based on a copyright claim due to the use of Metallica's Enter Sandman in Big Marauder Vid and Linkin Park's What I've Done in 11052.

Youtube told me I could review the notice in my account but when I click the link there is nothing there.

I don't think I'm going to be making any more if they will just get deleted, that and I don't have as much time as I used to.

For anyone who still wants to see them they should still be on streetfire.net

Blackened300a
12-29-2008, 03:53 PM
They are getting out of hand now with this copyright crap.

teamrope
12-29-2008, 04:36 PM
We can always boycott You-tube, Sony Records, and everyone else that takes copyright to extremes. Don't visit their sites, don't buy their CDs/MP3's.

ImpalaSlayer
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
i noticed another vid on there with lincoln park was deleted also

Aren Jay
12-29-2008, 04:59 PM
.............................. .......

CRUZTAKER
12-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Youtube has kindly deleted my "Big Marauder Vid" and "11052" vids based on a copyright claim due to the use of Metallica's Enter Sandman.........

I don't think I'm going to be making any more if they will just get deleted.....

Would that be the Billy G burnout entry for the Trilogy contest done several years ago?

I wasn't aware YOU made that video.
If it was...wow...I never knew you were the producer.
If it wasn't...you just copyright infringed TWICE.

Besides, you-tube did as they always do when someone copyright infringes.

Aren Jay
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
.............................. .......

DEFYANT
12-29-2008, 08:37 PM
They got mine also. Oh well, I'll be up all night now - zzzzzzz

J D
12-30-2008, 01:09 AM
they even deleted on of top gear's own video from their own channel, I swear that site was great way back when it was small.

ctrlraven
12-30-2008, 03:56 AM
They deleted the 3 videos of our JoeWalsh because they thought it was Joe Walsh the musician. Some months down the road I was looking at my videos and noticed they were back.

I always put copyright stuff in my info, a lot more people now are putting disclaimers or if they have a artist song they will put something about it also.

But the fact is they have gotten out of hand. I wonder if they would pull some of my videos if I drove around all day with the radio on loud and clear, god knows the artist have to get their 5 cents per song played on the airtime royalties.

OneBADLsE
12-30-2008, 10:41 AM
wtf?!?!?!

You didnt save the big MM or the 11,052 vids???

xopher
12-30-2008, 02:22 PM
wtf?!?!?!

You didnt save the big MM or the 11,052 vids???
This.

Please tell me you have quality copies of these offline for distribution by other means...

Also, I'll re-post them on my account until Youtube yanks them from me too.

94_302
12-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Would that be the Billy G burnout entry for the Trilogy contest done several years ago?

I wasn't aware YOU made that video.
If it was...wow...I never knew you were the producer.
If it wasn't...you just copyright infringed TWICE.

Besides, you-tube did as they always do when someone copyright infringes.

I did not claim I made each individual video in the compilation. The compilation I did create.

If any one user has a problem with me having used videos they posted up in any of these compilations I have no problem removing them from it.

My issue is that if I just posted pictures with music in the background that could be downloaded and ripped (people getting it for free rather than buying it) I would understand them being pissed. However that is not the case, Enter Sandman did not have sounds of cars doing burnouts and dyno runs in it's original rendition. If people want that song for free without paying for it just like it sounds on the cd they are not getting it from my videos. No one is making any profit and they aren't losing any profit because it's not an original version of the songs. When they really think about it it's free advertisement for them, I have gotten a number of messages of people asking me what songs are being used in the vids.

Now if they feel that my vids are garbage and it's an insult to their music to be used in them that is another thing and I would gladly replace the songs. But to honestly think that any one is making a profit or losing profits based on this is pure stupidity.

Boycotting the bands, youtube, or whatever does not make any sense if anyone else wants to go ahead but I'm not.

Of course I have copies of these videos they are on an external hard drive somewhere.

edit:
Cruztaker, please don't just assume I'm taking credit for BillyGMan's AWESOME burnout video. You may have though I was referring to this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZGMzPemvd8 (Which is still up)

When in fact I was referring to http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Big-Marauder-Compilation_21727.htm which on youtube was my "Big Marauder Vid" and this http://videos.streetfire.net/video/11052-20032004-Mercury_114402.htm is the "11052" video. I do feel comfortable calling those videos my own, if anyone whose car is used in these compilations does not like that I reference that I will remove them from streetfire and whenever I get around to it rehost it without that picture or video clip.

DOOM
12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
Thats some ol :bs:

CRUZTAKER
12-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Cruztaker, please don't just assume I'm taking credit for BillyGMan's AWESOME burnout video. You may have though I was referring to this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZGMzPemvd8 (Which is still up)

When in fact I was referring to http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Big-Marauder-Compilation_21727.htm which on youtube was my "Big Marauder Vid" and this http://videos.streetfire.net/video/11052-20032004-Mercury_114402.htm is the "11052" video. I do feel comfortable calling those videos my own, if anyone whose car is used in these compilations does not like that I reference that I will remove them from streetfire and whenever I get around to it rehost it without that picture or video clip.

Honest mistake.

We always refered to the quote "big marauder video" as to the one of Billy G's submission to trilogy. Automatically I assumed you were speaking of said video, and I thought it was really wierd that you were bent for them removing it and claiming as you say " videos I created".

So you have (had) a "big Marauder video" as well?
Geez...sorry dude.

Oddly...now I wonder...why wasn't the Billy G "Big Marauder" vid pulled as it contains the entire track to 'Enter Sandman'...but your compilation of other peoples vids was?

Your'e right. It's a conspiracy. You got screwd.

gmtech
12-31-2008, 06:18 AM
today i recieved a email about both my MM video's on youtube. One had 'Down with the sickness" by disturbed & the other one had Godsmack. Said someone claimed the cpoyrights and the will be blocked. I just erased all my vids on you tube. F*!K'EM:puke::mad:

Drewstang
12-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Damn, now I have to take the links off my Myspace page.