PDA

View Full Version : How long until they come for ours?

whd507
12-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Pelosi wants federal scrapping program, oregon want GPS in every car to track people's trips. OBDIII (real time tracking, automatic ticketing and violation monitoring,and emissions uplinks to detect modifications) it was killed by bush early on, I bet it will be back in two months. my company is assuming that california emissions will be nationwide soon, and is planning for it, by getting ready to discontinue selling and renting OBDII scanners and being ready to stop scanning codes for customers when the laws take effect.

http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedemail/email.htm?h=806e15da636b16bd7b eec785cf5ae8d8&CID=1423143330&ch=8E72CB9A3DEAE4EAFD631915F59 B3489

SEMA is fired up about the scrapping program, we need to get the word out, or eventually we will be next. who really needs a 300 hp car anyway?

Blk Mamba
12-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Great post, another reason for us to take back our government, "those in charge do not care about us".

ImpalaSlayer
12-29-2008, 06:48 PM
"those in charge do not care about us".

hmmmm :rolleyes:

Vortech347
12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I will wrap my car in tinfoil to confuse the signals.

RedMerc04
12-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Its funny how the ACLU screams violation of the 4th for terrorists, murderers, rapists, and special interest groups but is quite silent in regard to crap like this. Tell me these fools don't have a selective bias. I really hope that we are not transformed into a mirror image of Europe. These next four years will be interesting to say the least :help:.

Bigdogjim
12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
On the East Coast we have EZ-Pass and if you use you can be tracked down to the minute you passed throught the toll plaza:)

I have spoted checked fleets for years.

Right now it not legal to issue tickets based on EZ-Pass.

Fourth Horseman
12-29-2008, 08:35 PM
SEMA is fired up about the scrapping program, we need to get the word out, or eventually we will be next. who really needs a 300 hp car anyway?

Reminds me of a couple that are my dad's neighbors that saw me working on my Marauder in his driveway. They stopped by to say hi and see what I was doing. After talking about the car for a while and learning a bit about it the lady asked, "Who needs 500 horsepower!?"

I blinked. Looked her straight in the eyes and said, "Who said anything about need?"

Peter
12-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Big Brother is watching you....

Vortech347
12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Gawd I hate that line from people I work with.

"why do you need a mustang with 600hp?"

I always say "So I can hit 65 REALLY FAST" hahahaa

Marauder386
12-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Read my sig three times and click your heels .... :D

:cool4:

FastMerc
12-30-2008, 05:19 PM
You want to know everything the govt or your stste is doing to kill the car hobby. Join the S.E.M.A ACTION NETWORK they are the watch dogs on the govt for this reason alone.I belong and have voiced my opinions to the idiot politicians,oops did I say that. :D GO to www.semasan.com (http://www.semasan.com)

Fourth Horseman
12-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Gawd I hate that line from people I work with.

"why do you need a mustang with 600hp?"

I always say "So I can hit 65 REALLY FAST" hahahaa

Yeah. It's just like the "Who needs those scary black rifles?" question I get sometimes. :shake:

Aren Jay
12-30-2008, 10:56 PM
.............................. .......

BODYMAN
12-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Just got informed about this last night from a buddy I thought he was joking until I looked it up. pretty soon we will have no guns and no fast cars that = a boring life in my eyes. Good ol Politicans.

BODYMAN
12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Move to Alberta, we don't even have emission tests.

yeah Aren, but look what you dont have? you got some horrible gun rights if Iam correct!

BlownMerc
12-31-2008, 06:19 AM
A lot of these people don't realize the "slimeball mechanics" like myself are in this profession because we have been and always will be enthusiasts. Who do they think is going to repair their rolling offices when they break if they drive the fun out of automobiles? I'm seeing less and less interest in this profession, which while it gives me job security, it also says very little for who will be working on my vehicles when arthritis and senility set in!!!

Asking why you need 600hp is like asking the same person why they travel down 20 floors and go outside in the rain and snow to smoke that cigarette on their 15 minute break! Who needs $6 cups of coffee or alcohol? If you only make the necessities of life legal, the prisons will more just a tad more over-populated than they are now!

bob6364
12-31-2008, 06:20 AM
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Dr Caleb
12-31-2008, 10:27 AM
yeah Aren, but look what you dont have? you got some horrible gun rights if Iam correct!

Yes, and no. I can go to the local mall, and shoot handguns - No license, no checks, no problems at all.

The Feds made owning a gun without a license a criminal offence (where it wasn't before), but the Crown in Alberta has said they will not prosecute such infractions. You still need a license to buy guns, or ammo (2 different licenses) and getting a license to buy a gun is tough - but not impossible. But you give up many rights by doing so.

Not much harder than many States, generally. Gun ownership per capita is higher in Canada than in the States.

It's the cost and efficiency of the gun registry, and the fact that by doing nothing at all you become a criminal that is irksome. That criminals don't register guns pretty much makes the Gun Registry useless and a very expensive mistake.

Aren Jay
12-31-2008, 10:38 AM

Blackened300a
12-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Unlike NYC I can own a Hand gun and a rifle

You can get a rifle and pistol permit in NYC. You can even get a carry permit if you own a business.
Its not easy to get your permit but it is possible.

Krytin
01-01-2009, 10:50 AM
buying ammo needs one of two licenses. Possesion only or possession and acquisition. Basically you go to a course learn and demonstrate gun safety and they mail you a license after they check you are not an obvious nut. (i'm not a nut).
Thanks for clearing that up!

For handguns they give you one more course to take and this qualifies you to own but not carry a handgun. Permits to carry are available for non enforcement people, you just have to follow the red tape. Unlike NYC I can own a Hand gun and a rifle even prohibited weapons like a .25 calibre tiny hand gun or a machinegun. Prohibited doesn't mean you can't have them it just means it is harder for nuts to get them. If you already have them it means it is harder to sell them, but you can keep them no problem.

Up here I have friends who have weapon systems you can't even own in the States.

You might need an export license to move weapons from the USA to Canada, I had a friend who had his Humvee (real one) tied up at the Border for 6 months because he did not have an export USA to Canada permit for the grenade launcher. Once it came into Canada no problem.

As noted by Dr. C the regestry is a mistake, but the courses to get a license is not, it is good to know that your neighbour is not going to shoot you through the wall, unless of course he is a crook.

Hey, I own a .45 ACP pistol, Thompson semi-auto w/50 rd. drum & many 30 rd. stick magazines and have never had to take any special classes to own them or get my pistol permit (full autos are a little more difficult but not impossible). Gun control right now in the US isn't that bad. Let's see what the next four years brings....

Aren Jay
01-01-2009, 10:52 AM