PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY got a marauder!

a_d_a_m
12-30-2008, 01:10 AM
it was already reported in the "sightings" section.

i apologize for any typo's, but i've been celebrating since i got home.

i just bought DARKSIDE's 2003 300a...originally owned by MM.net member Wags.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/jackiegleason/DS1.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/jackiegleason/DS2.jpg

steve replaced it with a brand new LIQUID RED pontiac G8, of which i am pretty damn jealous...but i digress...

the marauder is a car i've lusted over ever since they "re"introduced it. to be able to pick one up at such a stellar deal, i feel totally lucky.

steve, i wish you plenty of luck with your G8, and plenty of fun miles to come. it sounds like you have a great plan for that car, without a doubt.

you're always welcome to roll with us, whether it be in the cobra, saleen, or the G8. just because you don't have a panther doesn't mean we don't want you hangin' around. besides...we need someone to beat up the SRT8 challenger that runs with us! :D

jgc61sr2002
12-30-2008, 06:08 AM
Congrats and Good Luck.:D

gmtech
12-30-2008, 06:14 AM
nice ride, congrats:banana2:

Wags
12-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Adam,

If you want to know any history on the car, let me know. I found the leather coat if you are interested in it, and a Marauder hat. I forgot that I had them. Did Steve give you the dealer magnet? He said that he was wanting the G8 when he picked up the car from me. Glad he got one. They are very nice. Have fun with it!

Wags

a_d_a_m
12-30-2008, 10:26 AM
tell ya what, steve gave me a whole folder with the car that had lots of records. i also have a copy of the OASIS from brian, so i feel like i already know the car pretty well. if i think of anything to ask, i will definitely be in touch...there is one question i have for ya right now: have you any idea what kind of power the DR chip is adding, and were any transmission characteristics changed?

steve mentioned that he was waiting for the G8 prices to come down a bit, and it sounds like he got what he wanted for what he wanted to pay for it. so it worked out good for both of us, i s'pose!

PM coming your way about the jacket and the hat. yes, i'm interested...

fastblackmerc
12-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Congrats on scoring a Marauder!

BTW... what is the badge on the right side of the trunk lid?

a_d_a_m
12-30-2008, 11:03 AM
BTW... what is the badge on the right side of the trunk lid?

badge #45, a tribute to fallen twinsburg police officer joshua miktarian, who was shot/killed while on a traffic stop with a piece of ghetto trash. there are a few marauders and P71s in the area with these badges on them, and i wanted one for my MGM. when i bought this, i was glad to see that steve left it on.
http://www.odmp.org/officer/19451-police-officer-joshua-t.-miktarian

i never met josh, but his death struck a whole lot of clevelanders, especially those of us involved with public safety.

rather than tell a long story about why the badge is staying on the car, i'll just leave it at this: it's staying for a few reasons.

Merc-O-matic
12-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Congratulations on your new "ride".... I like the look! Maybe now
you can talk Pat into one.
See PM

Gotta Love It!

pantheroc
12-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Adam, congrats!

a_d_a_m
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
thanks...
any interest in a january 18th meetup for some dinner?

Blk Mamba
12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
badge #45, a tribute to fallen twinsburg police officer joshua miktarian, who was shot/killed while on a traffic stop with a piece of ghetto trash. there are a few marauders and P71s in the area with these badges on them, and i wanted one for my MGM. when i bought this, i was glad to see that steve left it on.
http://www.odmp.org/officer/19451-police-officer-joshua-t.-miktarian

i never met josh, but his death struck a whole lot of clevelanders, especially those of us involved with public safety.

rather than tell a long story about why the badge is staying on the car, i'll just leave it at this: it's staying for a few reasons.
I'm sorry I take offense to that remark, I would prefer rubbish, garbage, excrement, Etc., not trash!

TAKEDOWN
12-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Looks good blacked out! Hopefully I'll receive mine in a few days!

Got_1
12-30-2008, 03:09 PM
what was used on those tail lights? i want to do the same to mine

vmaxmarauder
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Congrats Adam, I hear the black 300a is the fastest. Good luck!

Blackened300a
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Congrats Adam, I hear the black 300a is the fastest. Good luck!

I hear the same :D

Congrats on the new ride. Its a great feeling to own the car you always wanted.

Good Luck!

TAKEDOWN
12-30-2008, 03:48 PM

Search under Jon's Tinted Tailights, they're doing mine! Now I got gotta worry about the reverse lights.

GODFATHER
12-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Beautiful car ...congrats:beer:

DOOM
12-30-2008, 04:35 PM
Congrats on the new ride bro.

DOOM
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
we need someone to beat up the SRT8 challenger that runs with us! :D

I could do that for you :D :burnout:

offroadkarter
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
I hear the same :D

Congrats on the new ride. Its a great feeling to own the car you always wanted.

Good Luck!

You got the wrong year, 04 300A's are the fastest :D

Congrats again adam

FastMerc
12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Way to go now you dont have to be jealous when you cruise with us next year! :D :banana2:

Blackened300a
12-30-2008, 07:53 PM
You got the wrong year, 04 300A's are the fastest :D

No, 04 300A's were slower and came in gay colors like Maroon. :lol:

SC Cheesehead
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM

DOH!

(Next he's gonna start cracking on the Blues.....);)

Darkside
12-30-2008, 11:31 PM
steve, i wish you plenty of luck with your G8, and plenty of fun miles to come. it sounds like you have a great plan for that car, without a doubt.

you're always welcome to roll with us, whether it be in the cobra, saleen, or the G8. just because you don't have a panther doesn't mean we don't want you hangin' around. besides...we need someone to beat up the SRT8 challenger that runs with us! :D

I still have a panther, we'll just have to cruise when I'm working. The Cobra wouldn't even stretch its legs against the Challenger. By the time cruising time rolls around, the G8 will lay a spanking on that Challenger.

Adam,

He said that he was wanting the G8 when he picked up the car from me. Glad he got one. They are very nice. Have fun with it!

Wags

Hey Pete. I thought for sure I'd have the MM for two years. But as a usual GM, the G8's have dropped pretty quick. I found a steal of a deal that I couldn't pass. I had just put on new Blizzaks that had less than a few hundred miles.

I actually used Niteshades on the lights. They turned out ok. I've done better and I've done worse. Jon's lights is a good option if you can go without your lights for a while. I'll probably send my new lights to him when the H/C package is being put on.

DOOM
12-30-2008, 11:59 PM

:laugh: :rofl:

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-31-2008, 12:15 AM
Congrats, that thing looks sick flying down the e-way.

Embassy
12-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the 4V Panther family.

Now, you need to attend the regional MM.net meet in KY, in March/April '09.

a_d_a_m
12-31-2008, 12:35 AM
i might make the kentucky meet.

FastMerc, i will come down there and run with ya, but you gotta come up here too!!! deal?

Merc-O-matic
12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
FastMerc, i will come down there and run with ya, but you gotta come up here too!!! deal?[/QUOTE]

FastMerc doesn't cruise EAST of the Cuyahoga River...LOL....Hi Hi
me neither....what's the price of gas over there now?

Gotta Love It!:flamer:

a_d_a_m
01-01-2009, 01:47 AM
what's the price of gas over there now? for 93 octane? 1.71 EAST of the cuyahoga river.

offroadkarter
01-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Atleast my paint doesnt peel or bubble off of the car :neener:

Bigdogjim
01-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Atleast my paint doesnt peel or bubble off of the car :neener:

That was pretty much first 2 weeks Aug. of '02. Before and after that date were OK. (for the most part)

FastMerc
01-01-2009, 11:49 AM
i might make the kentucky meet.

FastMerc, i will come down there and run with ya, but you gotta come up here too!!! deal?
Have Marauder will travel not affraid to drive it!Whats up that way anyhow?

justbob
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Congrats on the purchase.

stryker
01-01-2009, 02:19 PM
:cool: Congratulations on your new Panther adoption and !!Merry Christmas & Happy new year!! Mang.

STRYKER.:burnout:

a_d_a_m
01-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Have Marauder will travel not affraid to drive it!Whats up that way anyhow? plenty of panthers, dragstrips, circle track, a road course, rock hall, tons of good eats...as al would say, "gotta love it"!

FastMerc
01-02-2009, 04:21 PM
plenty of panthers, dragstrips, circle track, a road course, rock hall, tons of good eats...as al would say, "gotta love it"!
We got all that on the west side to!Im talking car shows and cruisins?

a_d_a_m
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Im talking car shows and cruisins? oh, hell! uhhh, annabelle's and K-mart are kind of the only game in town on a regular basis. sometimes we just meet there, hang for a little bit, and then do a road trip.

it's still early in the year, so i don't know what "other" car cruises we'll have out here.

Blk Mamba
01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
We'll probably do Saybrook in July, (Autism Awareness), other than that, like Adam said, it's still early.

FastMerc
01-03-2009, 06:32 AM
oh, hell! uhhh, annabelle's and K-mart are kind of the only game in town on a regular basis. sometimes we just meet there, hang for a little bit, and then do a road trip.

it's still early in the year, so i don't know what "other" car cruises we'll have out here.You forgot solon but hey there to uptight about are cars,but they let new mustangs in.Oh well.

a_d_a_m
01-03-2009, 08:20 AM
yeah, no kidding!
i went there 3 or 4 times this year, but the last time i went with colin (he drives a P71), they told him that "you won't be allowed in next year" and then offered no explanation for WHY he wasn't going to be allowed in.

meanwhile, the tuners and new mustangs were welcomed, seemingly, with open arms.

IMHO, part of what makes the solon cruise nice is the DIVERSITY of cars. if they're saying NO to diversity, then F them. i'll find another cruise to enjoy.

i'd like to roll up with 10 panthers and see what they say.

side story about that show:
one time, i was walking back up to my car and saw some guy REALLY eyeing it, i mean he was under the hood, looking in the interior, underneath, etc. i walked up to him and asked if i could help him, and he proceeded to rave about how my car (it was the marquis) was the best car there (i was parked next to a mint 'cuda, so i highly doubt that), and how he had no idea they could look that sporty, etc. he ended up procuring a notepad and taking notes on the car.

it was really weird, that's all i'm sayin'.

Blk Mamba
01-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Probably Brunswick a couple times, maybe Akron, I thought we were going to concentrate on some long cruises.

FastMerc
01-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Probably Brunswick a couple times, maybe Akron, I thought we were going to concentrate on some long cruises.
I would like to try some different places this year.You know what we should do at solon is get everybody to go on Ford night,Marauders and CVs HA :D

Merc-O-matic
01-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I would like to try some different places this year.You know what we should do at solon is get everybody to go on Ford night,Marauders and CVs HA :D

Take the place over with 30-40 cars!

Gotta Love It!

Smokie
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Congratulations!!!:beer: The car looks totally cool & sinister, it is refreshing to see someone who is really happy with their purchase of what I consider today after 6 1/2 years of ownership: a unique car. Enjoy the ride.:burn:

a_d_a_m
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
it is refreshing to see someone who is really happy with their purchase of what I consider today after 6 1/2 years of ownership: a unique car. every time i get behind the wheel, it's an ear-to-ear grin!

Enjoy the ride.:burn: oh...i plan on it!