PDA

View Full Version : Back from Memphis.

justbob
01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Just put on another 1,300 miles or so:( but it was fun to get out of the big windy for awile. Temps averaged around mid sixties the whole time there, i wasn't expecting short sleeve weather!:D
I passed right through Jackson there and back, sorry GMTech for not shouting first. While passing through Jackson on the way down i saw this kid in a clean short box late 90's chevy pick up(big surprise there!:D) who did everything in his power to get beside me at every light, he had a decent exhaust and dark windows but thats all i could see. I think he got a good look at the S/C sticker on the back and the Trilogy motorsports stickers on the rear windows and decided that it wasn't gonna be his day:) All he got was the sweet low rumble of the flows when the light turned green each time(kids on board and RR axle on the way out).
I also never saw another Marauder in all those miles! I saw plenty of hopped up vic's and marquis's along the way, one in particular was pretty decent, silverish/grey marquis lowered with silver MMish style rims and dark windows in Memphis outskirts.
I got to see my grandpa and grandma at their house "in the hills:eek:" for a day or so and then i was off to see my dad and little sis in an actual town.
I was a little more relaxed on the way back and did the speed limit:eek: for a tank of gas and i actually picked up one mpg since the trilogy install!
All in all it was a nice cruise i traveled through downstate IL, missouri, tennessee, mississippi, minutes from arkansas and kentucky.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and my family and i wish you all a very healthy and happy New Year.

gmtech
01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Just put on another 1,300 miles or so:( but it was fun to get out of the big windy for awile. Temps averaged around mid sixties the whole time there, i wasn't expecting short sleeve weather!:D
I passed right through Jackson there and back, sorry GMTech for not shouting first. While passing through Jackson on the way down i saw this kid in a clean short box late 90's chevy pick up(big surprise there!:D) who did everything in his power to get beside me at every light, he had a decent exhaust and dark windows but thats all i could see. I think he got a good look at the S/C sticker on the back and the Trilogy motorsports stickers on the rear windows and decided that it wasn't gonna be his day:) All he got was the sweet low rumble of the flows when the light turned green each time(kids on board and RR axle on the way out).
I also never saw another Marauder in all those miles! I saw plenty of hopped up vic's and marquis's along the way, one in particular was pretty decent, silverish/grey marquis lowered with silver MMish style rims and dark windows in Memphis outskirts.
I got to see my grandpa and grandma at their house "in the hills:eek:" for a day or so and then i was off to see my dad and little sis in an actual town.
I was a little more relaxed on the way back and did the speed limit:eek: for a tank of gas and i actually picked up one mpg since the trilogy install!
All in all it was a nice cruise i traveled through downstate IL, missouri, tennessee, mississippi, minutes from arkansas and kentucky.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and my family and i wish you all a very healthy and happy New Year.

Yeah, you should have told me, we could have met up. I would love to see & (feel) a Trilogy Marauder, Buts that cool, maybe next time:D

TAKEDOWN
01-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Ahhhhh... that's where you went! Glad you're back... Sir.

justbob
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Sir? I WORK FOR A LIVING! he he.

Yeah sorry again tech she was limpin anyways on the bad axle.

whd507
01-01-2009, 07:31 PM
my Marauder's last long trip was to Memphis as well... it must be a sign I should get a trilogy as well...