PDA

View Full Version : Mmr/ anyone know or have there motor

BODYMAN
01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I searched the site over and do not see anything on this. Does anyone have or know anyone who has put a ModularMustangracing motor in there ride. Iam debating on going with there stroker short block there part# 400850.
THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS PLEASE. I had a friend who ran one in a Stang he had and had great luck with it. http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

Thanks Todd

FordNut
01-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I didn't have their motor but I bought some parts from them and got ripped off... Bunch of crooks.

BODYMAN
01-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Fordnut, Thanks for the feedback thats what Iam looking for . 1 stang forum they rave about them and on another forum alot of the guys had finish built there motor and they did not last more than 4-5000 miles??? dunno?? :rolleyes: The drive to Lidio is looking better and better.
Brian, who did youre motor I see you have 5.3 bigbore ... happy??? who did it?

Thanks Todd

FordNut
01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Very happy. Modular Performance in Novi, Michigan. They did a lot of development work on the mod motor working with Ford. Low volume, high quality.

TooManyFords
01-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I have an MMR motor in ProRauder and think it ROCKS!

Not a problem with MMR either. Shipped them a set of Fox Lake Stage III heads for the short block I purchased and they put everything together and shipped back a long block.

I've got about 30,000+ 6-71 Blown miles on it and it is running fine.

I would recommend them.

John

Vortech347
01-02-2009, 04:29 PM
MMR was awesome about a year or so ago. After that they crashed in a ball of fire. Check out svtperformance.com they have several members that were ripped off.

BODYMAN
01-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!

ludwigvan968
01-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I hear they make great engines and just had some friends get some, but who knows, sounds like you are right for asking questions....

I was looking at their stroked 950.

BODYMAN
01-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I hear they make great engines and just had some friends get some, but who knows, sounds like you are right for asking questions....

I was looking at their stroked 950.

yah. what Iam finding is exactly what vortech said great up until a year ago. svt site alot of the guys say they are crooks but another stang forum people say they are great. The stroker is what I was looking at but the more I research I dunno:rolleyes:

FordNut
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I've seen good and bad reports on most builders. I have never seen any bad reports on Modular Performance.

Glenn
01-03-2009, 09:58 AM
You can not go wrong with FRPP. Look at their new 2009 catalog - a large number of engine options. I would personally look for Lidio's write-up on his recent work on the Boss 302 5.0 FRPP engine. I think it is posted on the other site. Very interesting development on this engine for the MM.

Glenn :burnout:

BODYMAN
01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
I've seen good and bad reports on most builders. I have never seen any bad reports on Modular Performance.

Fordnut, you are correct any builder can have a problem. thats nature of the beast. on corral .net it seems like people like MMR But all customer input on corral is postive and no negative??? hm.

Glenn, I would love to go with the Ford Racing aluminator but it is a bit pricey. That would be my 1st choice if $ was not a factor. Iam just adding up every other thing Iam going to have to do at the time of the build and trying to keep cost under control. I have spoken with Lidio several times and more and more keep leaning to him.

Todd

FordNut
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
My buildup is essentially the same as what Lidio is working on, but Modular Performance did a lot of the development work for Ford on this engine so I went with them for my buildup.

It's not the Aluminator, it's the Boss50 block which is a cast iron big bore block. The bare block costs about $1800.

Vortech347
01-03-2009, 05:58 PM
For what FRPP charges they should come install the damn thing themselves and warranty it for 3years/36k