PDA

View Full Version : So, do we have anywhere to go if we have to move?

knine
01-07-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.aarongifford.com/images/Center%20of%20the%20Milky%20Wa y%20Galaxy%20(1920x1200).jpg

Study the picture above. Count the 10 BILLION plus stars.....then realize that not only can each star have a possibility of having it's own solar system, then realize that this picture is the center of our own galaxy (we're on the outter edge -- thanks HUBBLE for the pic).
Now, multiply what you see------------this is only 1/3rd of the center of our galaxy. Then, multiply that times the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF BILLIONS OF OTHER galaxies out there. Hmmmmmm. Can you say Real Estate baby?

O.K. people, we need Warp travel (faster than light speed)here.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1119/3171842062_41608fd970.jpg (http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2009/02/image/a/) A "back-out" view. Date of photo 01-05-09

Blk Mamba
01-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Always looks like it is in such a turmoil.

Aren Jay
01-08-2009, 01:04 AM
.............................. ...

Haggis
01-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Correction only a G rated yellow star can support life as we know it. And they are not that numerous as other star types, therefore reduce your calculations by approx. 1/5.

SC Cheesehead
01-08-2009, 05:30 AM
"O.K. people, we need Warp travel (faster than light speed)here."

Sounds like forced induction will be necessary.;)

If I can take my pick, make it someplace warm, with low taxes, good friends, and cold beer.:beer:

Oh yeah, and lotsa ribs. :food:

knine
01-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Correction only a G rated yellow star can support life as we know it. And they are not that numerous as other star types, therefore reduce your calculations by approx. 1/5.
True, calculation of billions squared now reduced by 1/5. Much better. I'm sure someday the billions and billions will look infinitecimal comparred to what's really out there in numbers.....probabally gazillions squared, multiplied by infinity.

Haggis
01-08-2009, 06:26 AM
True, calculation of billions squared now reduced by 1/5. Much better. I'm sure someday the billions and billions will look infinitecimal comparred to what's really out there in numbers.....probabally gazillions squared, multiplied by infinity.

I agree with you here.^^^^

.....then realize that not only can each star have a possibility of having it's own solar system...
But, not here.^^^^

It has already be prove that not every star has a solar system, but also every solar system does not have planets that can support life as we know it.

SID210SA
01-08-2009, 06:40 AM
That pic would make a good wallpaper....whats up with the stars that have pointed ends....there are about 4 or so that I can see in the above picture....did they explode??

knine
01-08-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree with you here.^^^^

But, not here.^^^^

It has already be prove that not every star has a solar system, but also every solar system does not have planets that can support life as we know it.

....a possibility, not a probability. There you go, cutting down our places to go. We'll be down to just a few bajillion squared possibilities when this is all over. :(

knine
01-08-2009, 08:21 AM
That pic would make a good wallpaper....whats up with the stars that have pointed ends....there are about 4 or so that I can see in the above picture....did they explode??
I believe those are closer, we see more light because the light traveled less distance and got to us sooner than the rest. I made it my wallpaper when I first saw it. :D

ImpalaSlayer
01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
i think i see steve and zack!

RF Overlord
01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Then, multiply that times the BILLIONS AND BILLIONS AND BILLIONS OF BILLIONS OF OTHER galaxies out there. Sorry, Earin, but you're wrong. There's only one galaxy.

It has already been proven that the moon landing was faked on a soundstage in Los Angeles. It's only a short time before we get proof that the Hubble Telescope not only doesn't work, but that it isn't even a telescope at all; it's nothing more than a web server loaded with pictures of fake galaxies.

Fourth Horseman
01-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Of course it's all moot since we'll never get to any of these stars. The distances are too vast and even moving at relativistic speeds is far, far too slow.

SC Cheesehead
01-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Of course it's all moot since we'll never get to any of these stars. The distances are too vast and even moving at relativistic speeds is far, far too slow.

IMO, anything is possible with enough boost.:arcade:

Vortech347
01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Agree'd, Scott make your car faster.

I know when I run down the track I sometimes see jesus in the fox.

Haggis
01-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Sorry, Earin, but you're wrong. There's only one galaxy.

It has already been proven that the moon landing was faked on a soundstage in Los Angeles. It's only a short time before we get proof that the Hubble Telescope not only doesn't work, but that it isn't even a telescope at all; it's nothing more than a web server loaded with pictures of fake galaxies.

Guido, where did you learn this bs from, Conspiracy.com?

Fourth Horseman
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
Agree'd, Scott make your car faster.

I know when I run down the track I sometimes see jesus in the fox.

My Marauder will never be as fast as your Fox, so I'd probably only ever see, oh, one of jesus' apostles or something.

Aren Jay
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM

JohnPPD
01-09-2009, 09:52 PM

No, no, no! Relativistic speed is too slow! We're going to have to go right to...LUDACRIS SPEED! :burnout:

justbob
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Thats deep man.:rasta:

Aren Jay
01-11-2009, 12:17 AM

ParkRanger
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Always looks like it is in such a turmoil.

Einstein thought the opposite. He saw complete order defined by physical laws and concluded only intelligent design could be behind such order.
Like he said - it's all relative observation. :confused:

ParkRanger
01-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Not as big as you think - although infinite, it is bounded. Therefore the recurring big bang - kinda like one of our pistons. :confused: