PDA

View Full Version : It was Grapevine, Texas

Pat
01-09-2009, 05:40 AM
I can't remember the question now, but now I remember the answer, Grapevine, Texas.

So if anyone remembers asking me a question and didn't get the answer, I have it now. Grapevine, Texas.

Darn, this "oldetymers" syndrome is a drag. :o

Regards,

CBT
01-09-2009, 05:44 AM
LOL! That might just take the random post of the day award! I hope you are able to, uh, I guess get the question to your answer.

jfclancy
01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Hey Pat
Well could the question have been where did the North texas Marauders used to have picnics and attend monthly shows?

Joe Clancy
Watauga Texas

SID210SA
01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I think thats were two rows is or was and some of the carshows...like at sonic If I remember correctly...and there was one other car show we used to attend up there I think...

Pat
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
The "pointer" in my head clicked to the right file when jfcclancy and Mike mentioned the monthly car shows by the NTM. The show was sponsored by SVT at Chuck's in Grapevine, cost $10.00, first met Cruizer there and all the other NTMs. Ah, the memories are all coming back. Got to get this pointer fixed.

What prompted all this was a fella I met at the Posse meeting made trips to that area, forget where now, and I said I did too, but couldn't remember the name of the town, Grapevine.

Thanks,

SID210SA
01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Glad to be of help Pat...

Vortex
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Back in the day Bonnie and Clyde, who were both from Dallas, were becoming sort of "folk heroes" in the press. That was until they were parked just outside of Grapevine, Texas one morning and were approached by two Grapevine motorcycle policemen. The policemen were ordered to lie on the ground and were executed by the Barrow Gang. This incident turned any public opinion away from the Barrow Gang and set the wheels in motion for their eventual demise in Louisiana. The execution of the policemen took place probably 1/4 mile away from where we used to do the Chucks show.