PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past?

Aren Jay
01-11-2009, 10:32 PM

Vortex
01-11-2009, 10:51 PM
.............................. .......................

Hacklemerc
01-12-2009, 06:05 AM
At what mileage point will the Marauder just stop. Will any make the 400,000 mile point?

Unlike almost every other car club, we have a set time when they will just stop being around. Yes some prime examples will show up in 20 years, if allowed to be driven, but for the rest, fade away...into the vortex.

Yes It is Written in the Book of Mercury, that when a Marauder hits the 400k mark it will ascend into the heavenly vortex and will be magically restored and driven by cool spirits in heaven. The spirits will form a message board where they will post up cool stories and tech tips about their heavenly Marauders. It will be a site filled with many cool people and lots of knowledge. And unfortunately one guy who will waste all of heavens bandwidth posting about wanting to acsend to a heavenly jaguar or VW built in a glass factory by midgets with fingers that smell of angel butt, or the fact that he thinks the cherubs are watching him do things inside his office with comfy furniture, and one mysterious stain on the wall that looks like coffee.

:D:up:

O's Fan Rich
01-12-2009, 06:10 AM
The World is coming to an end... enjoy what little time you have left...
there will be no more internet either.....

only roaches..... millions and millions of roaches.... and of course..... Aren Jay....

Blackened300a
01-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Is there any future for the Marauder?

Will it just be a footnote in the history of Canadian / North American cars. Will we ever have another Marauder to call our own or just age and disappear.

Do you think the Marauder, now getting to the old mark of 5 years since they stopped making it, will just fade away, a few examples showing up to blast around the streets or track and the rest fade into the junk yards and used dealerships until they are almost all gone.

At what mileage point will the Marauder just stop. Will any make the 400,000 mile point?

Unlike almost every other car club, we have a set time when they will just stop being around. Yes some prime examples will show up in 20 years, if allowed to be driven, but for the rest, fade away...into the vortex.

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1153/shutupms8.jpg

Hacklemerc
01-12-2009, 06:25 AM
+1. Nice pic.

SC Cheesehead
01-12-2009, 07:39 AM
+1. Nice pic.
I've got him on my Ignore list, what am I missing?

Aren Jay
01-12-2009, 10:41 AM

ImpalaSlayer
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
hahahahahaha :laugh:

CBT
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
In before the bandwidth ends!

CBT
01-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I've got him on my Ignore list, what am I missing?
LOL, that's why I never ignore anyone. Too much funny stuff gets missed. I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to funny stuff. Laughter is the best medicine, besides his posts are innocent enough. WAY out in left field sometimes, but who doesn't do that occasionally.

ctrlraven
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
http://www.8ball.co.uk/productimages/32102-2.jpg
http://www.funnymos.com/funny-pictures/stfu.jpg
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/STFU/8/STFU-Stop_Posting.jpg
http://agentgenius.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/seriously-shut-up.jpg

whd507
01-12-2009, 05:11 PM
my dad collected Kaisers and Frazers they haven't been made in north America since 1955, and south America since 1967. plenty of folks wander into my parts store and remember Kaisers and generally have nothing bad to say about them. (they were slow, but well ahead of their time)

my marauder gets a lot of attention, plenty of car folks know what it is, and how special it is/was.

in 25 years it will be remembered much like many desirable 1960s cars that we could have gotten if we had wanted them then, and could have gotten cheaper used later (but didnt) then suddenly shows up at auction bringing rediculous prices for a short time. these things come and go in cycles, diminishing numbers, and severly modified and abused cars will increase the value of the remaining nice examples.

very few cars show appreciation five years out, especailly in a recession.

justbob
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I unfortunately don't predict a solid future for these cars. Perhaps a couple will bring news years down the road of collectors buying up the best of the best for ridiculous money, but in general fade away like the others.

CBT
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I unfortunately don't predict a solid future for these cars. Perhaps a couple will bring news years down the road of collectors buying up the best of the best for ridiculous money, but in general fade away like the others.

Party pooper!

baltimoremm
01-12-2009, 07:06 PM
They'll all be gone by Dec 21 2012

scruff
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
i think 20yrs from now you will still see them on the road going past you maybe not that often you,ll probally see a crownvic or gran maq first but i see box chev caprice all the time here in ontario and there already over 20yrs old

justbob
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
But they made a kizzillion of those. I still see Impalla SS daily, once again too many made.