Aren Jay
01-14-2009, 01:23 PM

CBT
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Like, far out man.

Dr Caleb
01-14-2009, 01:40 PM
"Colourless green ideas sleep furiously." - Noam Chomsky

If people didn't understand Aren's reference to Ryle (and not many will . . )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_error

Perchance we need to step out of our dualism and see the deafening silence.

I hope that we can. It will be an interesting dance.

2ndMDRebel
01-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I prefer to bury the body parts in random state parks.

Krytin
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Just leave off the oxy.
Most of your statement is a matter of your opinion.
There are many cars that you could compare the MM to.
When you look at the weight of a GT500 the MM isn't that much heavier.
The BMW 700 series cars ARE heavier - the fit and finish on the BMW is better but at more than twice the price tag I would be very happy upgrading my MM and pocketing the left over $'s.

The black night's steed WAS a draft horse!
Armored Nights were too heavy for a quarter horse.
At least that analogy works - most MM owners are too big/heavy for a Mustang!

CBT
01-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I prefer to bury the body parts in random state parks.

If I hadn't actually been to both of these, I'd call B.S. on the names.
Big Bone Lick (Kentucky) Frozen Head (Tennessee)

RR|Suki
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
This is the term, manifest that one thinks best describes the Maruader and perhaps a few owners too.

A large family sedan with a Mustang sports car complex. A loud drag racer in the body of a sedate family sedan. A utilitarian car of civil inclination hiding a rebel of ill repute.

The black knight's stead posing as a draft horse.

Now many of us think of our Marauder for what's under the hood but fail to see the truth of what it really is. One is reminded of Gilbert Ryle and his Category Mistake, a theory one finds exemplified in modern thought and Marauder owners mentality.

Perchance we need to step out of our dualism and see the deafening silence.

You don't seem to understand the category mistake yourself... there is a category and there has been for many decades... it's called muscle car. Marauders, Impala SS etc. take on the mantle as modern muscle cars. No oxymoron here sorry

O's Fan Rich
01-14-2009, 02:28 PM
http://www.seanpaune.com/images/blog/tv/billy_oxyclean.jpg

Billy May approves!!!

Oxy- it's the only way!

Dr Caleb
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM
You don't seem to understand the category mistake yourself... there is a category and there has been for many decades... it's called muscle car. Marauders, Impala SS etc. take on the mantle as modern muscle cars. No oxymoron here sorry

That is only one category mistake that he's referring to.

The big 4 door sedan that can run with the 'bad boys', and win. The grey haired pensioner behind the wheel, that is now the 20 something.

And the derision heaped upon those that dare mention a 4 door car with 450HP stock, because it's made in Germany. We are a 'Made in America' muscle car site dammit! . . . even though the Marauder wasn't made there.

We have many such category mistakes on MM.net. Can't we discuss the dualism, that emperor has no clothes? Even the title of this thread, I believe, was chosen to show who are here to discuss Marauders and who are here to hurl insults. It seems to be working.

Vortex
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/whatever-you-moron-posters1.jpg?w=302&h=450

Raudermaster
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Can I buy some pot from you?

Blackened300a
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
http://nicedeb.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/whatever-you-moron-posters1.jpg?w=302&h=450

My feelings exactly. :shake:

Hacklemerc
01-14-2009, 04:40 PM

I was thinking this guy must spend a huge amount on weed. Got some of that good ol BC budd to burn on?:rasta:

Ms. Denmark
01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
This is the term, manifest that one thinks best describes the Maruader and perhaps a few owners too.

A large family sedan with a Mustang sports car complex. A loud drag racer in the body of a sedate family sedan. A utilitarian car of civil inclination hiding a rebel of ill repute.

The black knight's stead posing as a draft horse.

Now many of us think of our Marauder for what's under the hood but fail to see the truth of what it really is. One is reminded of Gilbert Ryle and his Category Mistake, a theory one finds exemplified in modern thought and Marauder owners mentality.

Perchance we need to step out of our dualism and see the deafening silence.Don't need to step out of my dualism. The car can be any/all or none of those things. It's not strictly one thing or another. It doesn't need to be. I love it for it's possibilities. It can be what I need/want it to be. It may appear familiar to many, but it is not. Therefore it often surprises. I like that it is rare, quirky and not easily defined. I like that there is a Marauder owners mentality. Oxymoron is fine with me. I'm not interested in dime-a-dozen cars, no matter what they can do. These cars and this forum are pretty unique. I like it like that. Cold light of day scrutiny is not necessary. It just is what it is. Perfect.:) I guess I'm still in love.

CBT
01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Don't need to step out of my dualism. The car can be any/all or none of those things. It's not strictly one thing or another. It doesn't need to be. I love it for it's possibilities. It can be what I need/want it to be. It may appear familiar to many, but it is not. Therefore it often surprises. I like that it is rare, quirky and not easily defined. I like that there is a Marauder owners mentality. Oxymoron is fine with me. I'm not interested in dime-a-dozen cars, no matter what they can do. These cars and this forum are pretty unique. I like it like that. Cold light of day scrutiny is not necessary. It just is what it is. Perfect.:) I guess I'm still in love.

She shoots, she scores!:banana2:

RF Overlord
01-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not interested in dime-a-dozen cars, no matter what they can do.At last, a kindred spirit...

I've always said anyone with too much money can buy a 'Vette, or any of the over-priced BMW/Mercedes/Audi/Lexus offerings. (BTW, I'm not knocking these cars, just saying that they ARE dime-a-dozen). There are...what...300 million of those cars on the road now...how many Marauders are there?

TiTo35
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM

:hmmm: Now that aint a bad idea... :rasta:

Leadfoot281
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I bought mine just to really pi$$ some people off. Until I bought the Marauder, I'd never spent more than $5,000 on a car. Even then, I only bought one car that was even close to $5,000. The rest were $100, $500 or $800 beaters. Most days I'm far too dirty to even sit in the car.

Buying a new pick up would have been practical, and logical. Buying a Mustang would have been almost predictable. I needed a real head turner, an impractical (for my use) car that would really, really rub some people the wrong way. It had to be excessive.

So for me, a brand new car, with big shiney wheels, a big four door for a single guy... the whole thing just screamed, "Hey! Go pound some sand you f'ers !"

It worked perfectly. The people that were suing almost drowned in their own hate. Lol!!! I still wax the car 2-3 times/month by hand across from the street from one of them just to keep 'em mad.

My first week was spent idling around my hometown with the windows down, blasting rap music, while wearin my new Italian made pin striped suit and sharkskin shoes. I told people the car had 450+ HP and cost like 50k. Lol!!!

Heck, when I bought the Marauder I had absolutely no idea Ford put the 32 valve motor in it. It didn't matter. That wasn't why I bought it.

Haven't had a speeding ticket since 1993 and that's NOT because I'm lucky.