PDA

View Full Version : Bob the Plumber, STRIKES AGAIN!

TAKEDOWN
01-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I will keep this short as possible. Due to the -17 temps we've had in Chicago, one of my pipes froze, which was connected to the 1st floor bath. During the next day thaw, my pipes busted, and Niagara Falls was the scene coming from my basement ceiling. I called Bob for advice, who instantly volunteered to help and solve the problem. I refused out of embarrassment and didn't want to mix our friendship with business, which also included an hour drive distance for "JustBob" without traffic. Problem was fixed through another company, but Bob insisted on coming to check on the work and wanted to insulate the pipe and the area to prevent another bad situation. By the way, Bob would not take NO for an answer! The day of the problem, Bob constantly called, making sure I was alright and insisted he do the job himself. I declined, but Bob wanted to make sure the price was right from the company doing the work, and if not... Bob instructed me to tell the guy to pack up his stuff and get the :censor: out! Bob came today to insulate and make sure everything was okay, after our short trip to Home Depot etc-etc. I had to sneak in a couple of $$$ in his passenger side door pocket/holder, because this guy, just like last time... refused to take any money from me!:confused: Jeezzz... what a friend! Bob, thank you again for your friendship and assistance!!! If it wasn't for our cars and this website I wouldn't have met Justbob and many others.
:beer:

justbob
01-18-2009, 03:15 PM
You sound Ghey, but i've met your hot wife LOL. Glad i could help out and like i said my phone is on 24 hrs for any emergency, thats what friends are for. I just wanted to make sure that you didn't get screwed thats all. Nobody likes to get kicked when their down and you sure sounded down to me on the phone. Takedown has the perfect man bathroom downstairs! You could spend hours checking out all the model cars and bikes, reading all the bumperstickers and such. BTW (I saw a couple mags hiding in the ceiling???? Did you misplace??? HEHE) It makes me sick to think of the waterfall spraying this perfect man bath from ceiling to floor!

Glad all is well now, and as always anybody who needs help on anything i'm sure you'll find somebody that can contact me.

P.S. The door pocket trick won't work again!

TAKEDOWN
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I wonder if those mags got damaged too?

Local Boy
01-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Any Samoan Action Figures?:D

Good to hear you guys, taking care of each other...:beer:

ALOHA

TAKEDOWN
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Any Samoan Action Figures?:D

Good to hear you guys, taking care of each other...:beer:

ALOHA

LOL... Not yet LocalBoy, but you must have taught JustBob how to surf on the highway, because he made it to my place safely!

justbob
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I wonder if those mags got damaged too?
I couldn't say, the pages where all stuck together.:eek: Perhaps it was from all the water?

TAKEDOWN
01-20-2009, 12:47 AM
I couldn't say, the pages where all stuck together.:eek: Perhaps it was from all the water?

LOL... I blame the water!

ckadiddle
01-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Dangit, I wish we had a Justbob down here. I used to have an excellent plumber that charged about half the labor rate of all the others. He had to retire early due to back problems. His name, strangely enough, was Mr. Plummer. I sure miss him. He really knew how to fix the fifty year old plumbing in our house.

TJCOX
01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I will keep this short as possible. Due to the -17 temps we've had in Chicago, one of my pipes froze, which was connected to the 1st floor bath. During the next day thaw, my pipes busted, and Niagara Falls was the scene coming from my basement ceiling. I called Bob for advice, who instantly volunteered to help and solve the problem. I refused out of embarrassment and didn't want to mix our friendship with business, which also included an hour drive distance for "JustBob" without traffic. Problem was fixed through another company, but Bob insisted on coming to check on the work and wanted to insulate the pipe and the area to prevent another bad situation. By the way, Bob would not take NO for an answer! The day of the problem, Bob constantly called, making sure I was alright and insisted he do the job himself. I declined, but Bob wanted to make sure the price was right from the company doing the work, and if not... Bob instructed me to tell the guy to pack up his stuff and get the :censor: out! Bob came today to insulate and make sure everything was okay, after our short trip to Home Depot etc-etc. I had to sneak in a couple of $$$ in his passenger side door pocket/holder, because this guy, just like last time... refused to take any money from me!:confused: Jeezzz... what a friend! Bob, thank you again for your friendship and assistance!!! If it wasn't for our cars and this website I wouldn't have met Justbob and many others.
:beer:

Really great that friends helping out in time of crisis....
I've installed heating tapes etc., for the substations when I worked for
the local utility which worked great for a time.