PDA

View Full Version : A message from Motorhead350

Motorhead350
01-19-2009, 01:57 AM
If you want to go out and adventure the world DO IT NOW! Gas is so cheap that it almost seems like we are back in the late 90s or something. I drove over 1,000 miles today all alone with the help of Dr. Pepper and listening to The Circle Jerks and Chuck Berry over and over.

Do yourself a favor and see what the world has to offer. Load up your CD changer and run over your ipod. By the time you have to put in six new CDs it will be time to walk around and explore where you are. The world is a beautiful place, the people in it can ruin everything... so get away from them. Heck take a trip by yourself.

I have seen some nice sights and heck I got lost and I don't care. I am right near Dallas right now and let me tell you I wish I had more time to stay in the state of Texas.

If you have the funds get on a plane and go across the sea, there's so much to experience! I guess the travel bug got me.

BTW my K5 is doing just fine, so to all of you who said 60 miles a day is all I would get.... :P!

That's all folks.

SC Cheesehead
01-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Dom,

Sounds like you're having a great time, enjoy your trip!

CBT
01-19-2009, 04:59 AM
Sounds like you are having fun, Dom

If you want to go out and adventure the world DO IT NOW!
Been doing it for over 20 years:)
Do yourself a favor and see what the world has to offer. walk around and explore where you are.
Same as above!
The world is a beautiful place,
Agreed
I have seen some nice sights and heck I got lost and I don't care.
You just described my career in the Navy:beer:
If you have the funds get on a plane and go across the sea, there's so much to experience!
I've been a place or 2 and seen a couple things, stay stateside!
Enjoy the scenery, man.:beatnik:
That's all folks.

MM03MOK
01-19-2009, 08:11 AM
You're not far from Maury/Cruzer!

Vortex
01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
---------------------------

Bigdogjim
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Dom: I know what you saying. I have crossed the USA many times by Motorcoach:)

O's Fan Rich
01-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I'll be trippin' this weekend...

CBT
01-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Dom: I know what you saying. I have crossed the USA many times by Motorcoach:)

Like John Madden!

1stMerc
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I hear ya Dom. It's great to just get out and drive and as Chuck Berry sang...

"Crusin' and playin' the radio
With no particular place to go".

Have fun and be safe out there.

SC Cheesehead
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Dom,

As long as you're road-tripping, you NEED to stop and see this, may be your once in a lifetime opportunity.

http://skyways.lib.ks.us/kansas/towns/Cawker/twine.html

Aren Jay
01-19-2009, 10:27 AM
.............................. .....

Motorhead350
01-19-2009, 11:13 AM
I hear ya Dom. It's great to just get out and drive and as Chuck Berry sang...

"Crusin' and playin' the radio
With no particular place to go".

Have fun and be safe out there.

I was actually listening to more The Promise Land, but that's a goodie too!

Charlie maybe I'll see it on the way back. I have over 900 miles of driving to do, it's noon and I haven't left yet. I really needed the rest and I really haven't ate in two days either... I better take care of myself a little more.

I'll see if I can get a picture of my K5 and me by the Hollywood mountian or something, we'll see if I can make it that far. ;)

MM03MOK
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Pace yourself, Dom. Get a few good snacks to have in the truck too.

TAKEDOWN
01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
The new... "Dom the Hermit"!

CBT
01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
"You're gonna end up living in a van, down by the river!"
~Chris Farley~

Bigdogjim
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
His new song should be......Goin mobil...The Who:)

Vortex
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
http://www.mugcity.co.uk/images/items/591.jpg

BODYMAN
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Glad to see youre having a good time DOM!!! just remember to be SAFE!!!!

justbob
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Dom have a great time out there and stay safe.

Motorhead350
01-20-2009, 01:59 AM
:lol:

Vortex you really go out of your way to find a cartoon version of me don't ya? hahaha! :)

I know you all want to know so here it is... the list of what has failed me so far in the K5.

-Passenger side window no longer goes down, but it's up.

-Rear window doesn't want to work so all cargo must me thrown behind the second row seat.

-The fuel line fron the fuel filter became lose and ended up killing my gas mileage, not to mention got gas all over the frame. When I went to tighten it some gas fell in my left eye and it's almost as annoying as Tobasco. I had to keep the truck running when I did it... here's why.

-The starter decided to act up again so I have to hit it with my metal flashlight while someone turns the ignition. 2 people were nice enough to help me during the day. One person was a very nice Texan probably in his 80s who walked up to me when he saw me pushing the truck away from the gas pump. The second was a group of people I approached at another gas station. I left the truck on for probably six hours and I finally had to shut it off so I could walk inside a Subway and get some food.

-The speakers still sound like crap unless I am playing mono recorded music or anything that was recorded in the 50s... so anything without distorted guitars is fine. I can listen to Chuck Berry and all my old Rockabilly all day long, but no D.R.I. or even Social Distortion sound good.

BTW the truck is starting fine again. It does this about once every six months. I gotta hit the starter to get it to fire up, it does this for a day and it's good for another six months after that. HUGE THANK YOU to Zack for telling me the trick of starting this thing a few years ago.

Well I'm only in New Mexico, but I'm 16 miles from AZ and my buddy is about 4.5 hours away.

You guys take care now. I cannot wait to come back to the snow!!! I'm serious, I love all weater and I really like the snow a lot!!!

Bob, Andrew let's all go sleading! :D

SC Cheesehead
01-20-2009, 07:07 AM
....I cannot wait to come back to the snow!!! I'm serious, I love all weater and I really like the snow a lot!!!...

Dom, you are a sick, sick fella. :shake:

My advice, stay out where it's warm, and there is no snow.

It will grow on you!:D

justbob
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Sledding?:loco: Not this cat.

TAKEDOWN
01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm so sick of snow right now it's not even funny! So many adventures in front you Dom!