PDA

View Full Version : 2010 sho ???

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/19/spy-shots-2010-ford-taurus-sho-spotted-without-camo/

ImpalaSlayer
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
yuck :down:

Vortech347
01-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Piece of ****!

I won't touch another SHO with a 10ft pole from my last experience with one. Nitrous needed for 14's? Yea...LAME..

Not to mention the price of parts...even more lame!

CBT
01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Piece of ****!

I won't touch another SHO with a 10ft pole from my last experience with one. Nitrous needed for 14's? Yea...LAME..

Wow! Tell us how ya really feel! I've never owned an SHO but man did I want one when they came out. What was so bad about the one you had if you don't mind sharing.

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Piece of ****!

I still have my 98 SHO that i bought new and no problems other than a few battery's and a set of tires and everything still works :confused: but she is a low miler
with the cams pinned at ford under warranty

you must of got a lemon

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309/svtcobrabrett/6334_4.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309/svtcobrabrett/632c_4.jpg

shodude
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
1991 with 140k miles with a 3.2l and a supercharger, 1993 with 180k just installed new tranny. other then that...... !? rock solid. i LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! sho's hehe

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
1991 with 140k miles with a 3.2l and a supercharger, 1993 with 180k just installed new tranny. other then that...... !? rock solid. i LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! sho's hehe

very nice collection you have

got to love the sho's
:beer:

Fourth Horseman
01-20-2009, 05:53 PM
The styling is not as aggressive as I had hoped. Or are those just powertrain mules that lack the final body pieces?

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
The styling is not as aggressive as I had hoped. Or are those just powertrain mules that lack the final body pieces?

yea im sure their not done yet

Bradley G
01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
The car sees the public for the 1st time at the Chicago Auto Show:banana2: Feb13th!
I got a 1992 MTX stock W/155K on the clock, faster than a stock Marauder(most).:eek:

Raudermaster
01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Piece of ****!

Don't dog the SHO's. As I recall, you had a 3rd gen, a lot of people don't like them since the 3.4l was underpowered. The gen 1's and 2's kicked a lot of butt. My '95 MTX would beat a lot of the "nicer" cars today and it was stock. I like the looks, and would definately buy one. TT V6!

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Don't dog the SHO's. As I recall, you had a 3rd gen, a lot of people don't like them since the 3.4l was underpowered. The gen 1's and 2's kicked a lot of butt. My '95 MTX would beat a lot of the "nicer" cars today and it was stock. I like the looks, and would definately buy one. TT V6!

agreed..:beer: but the gen III SHO is no slouch on the top end

Raudermaster
01-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Yea, but compared to an MTX, by the time it caught up, they'd be long gone.

GODFATHER
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Yea, but compared to an MTX, by the time it caught up, they'd be long gone.
lololol :beer:

how about a 140 mph roll..got to love them high end pulls

never mind ill just use the caddy

Starman
01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
At the very least it needs an aggressive lower front end fascia to help set it off. Maybe a lot less chrome as option. I see possibilities there overall though.

Marauderjack
01-21-2009, 05:49 AM
At the very least it needs an aggressive lower front end fascia to help set it off. Maybe a lot less chrome as option. I see possibilities there overall though.

AND....REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!:help:

Vortech347
01-21-2009, 08:34 AM
I did have a 3rd gen....

It ran 16.8 up here at 5000ft. Took a freaking 125 shot of nitrous to nail a 14.8. This was after the car was tuned by Doug Louis. (an SHO guru)

I pretty much got beat by everything, except another V8 SHO. Then the cam broke. Totalled the engine at a stop light. Just sitting there idleing and it sounded like someone took a grenade and threw it into the engine. $4500 later..... (think about what $4500 into an MM can get you.....lets see? a BLOWER!)

They had no torque at all NONE. Sure up top they wern't to bad. But only if your a ricer and like "freeway races" also most civic's would walk away from it too.... The V6 SHO's are definatly faster but the cost of keeping them up is why a few of my old SHO friends all sold them and got stangs. LOL

The transmission was crap, the engine was CRAP (that kind of engine belonged in a MUCH lighter car, like a Probe GT or something...) The styling looked like a dodge neon.

I worked my ASS off for that SHO. I got her with 15k miles and paid almost 18k for it. I should of used the money and bought something else.

The only thing I miss about the car was the memories of the back seat with the ladies. LOL

SWOOSH
01-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I had a second Gen, I eventually sold it with 195,000 miles on it, never had a problem redlining it either. Had the original engine and trans (Needed shocks, struts, alternator, blend door controller). Yamaha wise, nothing, but OMG, the FORD stuff sucked!:(

Starman
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
AND....REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!:help:

Oh yea, there is that. :beer:

frdwrnch
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
These cars are going to have a Ford built 3.7L twin turbo V-6 "Eco-Boost" engine. Ought to be pretty potent. We'll see how the 6-speed auto trans holds up.

Fourth Horseman
01-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey Matt, I think you probably should have put some more "SHO" badges on that Taurus. You wouldn't want anybody to mistake it for an LX or something. :flamer:

ctrlraven
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM
If they make the SHO with the new EcoBoost turbo V6 I think it will do quite well. It puts the power output around the same or more than the current V8 sedans on the market.

Raudermaster
01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
If they make the SHO with the new EcoBoost turbo V6 I think it will do quite well. It puts the power output around the same or more than the current V8 sedans on the market.

Um, that was the whole purpose of bringing the SHO back, was because of the Eco Boost...

Vortech347
01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Hey Matt, I think you probably should have put some more "SHO" badges on that Taurus. You wouldn't want anybody to mistake it for an LX or something. :flamer:

I was in highschool, thats my excuse. LOL. I loved that car. Untill I learned by racing it really wasn't remotely fast. We all have our ricer moments.

Fourth Horseman
01-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I was in highschool, thats my excuse. LOL. I loved that car. Untill I learned by racing it really wasn't remotely fast. We all have our ricer moments.

:lol: Just giving you static, buddy. It was a nice looking ride. I wish I would have had something that sweet in high school!

hot-rauder
01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Totalled the engine at a stop light. Just sitting there idleing and it sounded like someone took a grenade and threw it into the engine. $4500 later..... (think about what $4500 into an MM can get you.....lets see? a BLOWER!)

When I totalled my motor in my MM it cost me $4500 to get a USED motor put in it.....

And I totalled mine after parking on a hill, having some of those memories you like so much and then restarting the MM after apparently all the oil drained out lol

Vortech347
01-21-2009, 09:00 PM
SHO parts were horrible. the Head gaskets were 300$ a piece.

Raudermaster
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I just got this in my Ford Racing email, they have the new SHO listed. I'm rather quite upset by this,

"Ford's introduction of the redesigned 2010 Ford Taurus at Detroit's North American International Auto Show has caused quite a stir with the automotive media. Seems there hasn't been this much excitement surrounding the Taurus nameplate since the launch of the SHO (Super High Output) model back in 1989.
Performance fans will recall that the original Taurus SHO cranked out 220 horsepower from its sweet-revving V-6, yet the Duratec V-6 in the 2010 Taurus boasts 263 horses! With all this renewed interest in Taurus, the Ford Performance Group is pleased to announce that the

SHO National Owners Club will become yet another enthusiast organization to be featured and promoted on www.FordPerformance.com (http://www.FordPerformance.com).
Look for SHO National Owners Club content to appear soon on www.FordPerformanceGroup.com/home/ (http://www.FordPerformanceGroup.com/home/) and make sure to check back often for the latest on what's happening in the world of Ford performance!"

Looks like NO Ecoboost yet...

UAW 588
01-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I have seen a SHO in person. Boy is it sweet. And yes, this one had the twin turbo ecboost in it. They had one parked at work by labor relations this week.:banana2:

Bradley G
01-24-2009, 12:00 PM
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! sHO mE BABY:bounce:

hot-rauder
01-24-2009, 12:01 PM
i still like it Jarod, but i would rather a Fusion GT.

shodude
01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I just got this in my Ford Racing email, they have the new SHO listed. I'm rather quite upset by this,

"Ford's introduction of the redesigned 2010 Ford Taurus at Detroit's North American International Auto Show has caused quite a stir with the automotive media. Seems there hasn't been this much excitement surrounding the Taurus nameplate since the launch of the SHO (Super High Output) model back in 1989.
Performance fans will recall that the original Taurus SHO cranked out 220 horsepower from its sweet-revving V-6, yet the Duratec V-6 in the 2010 Taurus boasts 263 horses! With all this renewed interest in Taurus, the Ford Performance Group is pleased to announce that the

SHO National Owners Club will become yet another enthusiast organization to be featured and promoted on www.FordPerformance.com (http://www.FordPerformance.com).
Look for SHO National Owners Club content to appear soon on www.FordPerformanceGroup.com/home/ (http://www.FordPerformanceGroup.com/home/) and make sure to check back often for the latest on what's happening in the world of Ford performance!"

Looks like NO Ecoboost yet...

raudermaster they are talking about the stock 3.5l in the 2010 taurus. it has more HP then any stock sho did.. nothing about the 2010 sho..

i'm gona let you all in on some inside news.. the new sho will come out. it will be unmasked at chicago. and yes Ford invited BringBackTheSHO.com to be there!!! SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! no news on the engine but it WILL, WILLL be the 3.5l or the 3.7l ecoboost. :banana::banana:

yamahaSHO
01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Piece of ****!

Without a driver mod, I can see it takes N20 for 14's... :rolleyes: