PDA

View Full Version : Hey Moderators..

CBT
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
...actually I guess anyone can answer this, how does one get vacationed for cursing, if the site does this ---> *** to your curse words? Or are mine the only ones "bleeped"? Not that I'm argueing for or against, just wondering.

MM03MOK
01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
To be honest, the List of *** words has more than tripled in length due to the "creativity" of some that insist on sidestepping the filter time and time and again. I've said more than once, there are plenty of words in the English language that can be used instead of profanity. I won't tolerate it in my home or in my place of work, why should we tolerate it here?

CBT
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah BigDog PM'ed me, I understand. I am guilty of typing some bad stuff but don't even realize it until I post it and it's bleeped. Which is fine, family site and all that, just wondered how someone got spanked when it filters the words.

BODYMAN
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
CBT, I have done it myself dont even realize it until I see my post gone then I revist what I said and say oh no! cant beleive I said that. I have always been one (usually) to keep that to just my inner thoughts. I think alot of it is we are all so passionate about are cars we get very excitable. just my 2 pennies!! :beer:

Todd

SC Cheesehead
01-22-2009, 01:08 PM
CBT, I have done it myself dont even realize it until I see my post gone then I revist what I said and say oh no! cant beleive I said that. I have always been one (usually) to keep that to just my inner thoughts. I think alot of it is we are all so passionate about are cars we get very excitable. just my 2 pennies!! :beer:

Todd

Uhhhhh, I'm guilty of it too.:o

ctrlraven
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Is the site PG or PG-13?

High-C
01-22-2009, 02:08 PM
I assume that I have been guilty of this as well... :shake:

Luckily... It's a new year and I plan to make a conscious effort to adhere to the rules. Plus, I enjoy the caMarauderie here far too much to take any vacations!!!

RF Overlord
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Is the site PG or PG-13?It's both, and it's neither. This is our home.

Anyone who has met me knows that I am not shy about using "colourful" language, but I DO NOT use it in polite company, or in someone else's home. If I do get out of hand and am asked to be more civilised, then I respect that, unlike some members here (you know who you are).

The bottom line is: yes, we are all (mostly) adults here, but that's not the point. We like to keep this place civil and clean and we ask everyone to respect that. As Mary said in a couple of posts, there are PLENTY of words in the English language with which to express yourself without constantly using profanity.

/rant

Vortech347
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Sounds like something you'd hear in Utah. If I slip and fall down the stairs and throw out a 4 letter word either durring or after the fall the first comment is "Watch your mouth!!" not "oh....you're bleeding...you okay?" I wish my home was a forum. I'd delete my neighbors and put speedbumps infront of my house and 20ft walls. Oh yea, they'd also pay a fee if they wanted to drive past my house.

Edit, IBTL!

Blackened300a
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Is the site PG or PG-13?

G rated. If it was PG you could get away with a few S words. If it was PG-13 we could get away with a F-word.

Richy04
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
One day I ****ing forgot my ****ing keys in the house and ...:P

ckadiddle
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
This thread cracked me up so much I just bleeped on myself. ;)

Spectragod
01-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I **** *** ********* ************ **** *** ***** **** **** ******* you know what I mean? :D :D

CBT
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
You guys are crazy! Sure, make jokes cause the fat kid asked a silly question! WELL **************** YOU!! Just kidding, I don't even think there is a 17 letter curse word.:rolleyes:

Mike Poore
01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
If you go back to my post about the words we learned in boot camp, those are the ones we're talking about; and the list is growing. The thing is, some members have learned that if you put a space between the letters, or transpose a letter, profanity gets by the filter(s). We politely asked for it to stop, and have sent congenial PM's asking some of the kids to behave. You all know, that sometimes, there's a special word for a special occasion, and when it gets typed, the filter adds the *******'s and we get the meaning.

It's when y'all start to find inventive ways to get by the filters that brings down the wrath of the Bunny Lady.

Respect our house, that's all we ask. :)

Mike Poore
01-22-2009, 04:30 PM
And, Gordon? ....before you start? :razz:

CBT
01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Roger that, someone 'splained it to me, I didn't understand someone was sidestepping the filters. And appearantly arguing with/ignoring the Mods. Maybe the person was having a bad day, I don't know the details and don't particularly need to, but if someone warns you and you keep playing with fire, well, we know the outcome. Someone gets burned. Speaking of burning, I think my question and it's answers have burned up enuff bandwidth :rolleyes: Feel free to lock it. In before the lock!

If you go back to my post about the words we learned in boot camp, those are the ones we're talking about; and the list is growing. The thing is, some members have learned that if you put a space between the letters, or transpose a letter, profanity gets by the filter(s). We politely asked for it to stop, and have sent congenial PM's asking some of the kids to behave. You all know, that sometimes, there's a special word for a special occasion, and when it gets typed, the filter adds the *******'s and we get the meaning.

It's when y'all start to find inventive ways to get by the filters that brings down the wrath of the Bunny Lady.

Respect our house, that's all we ask. :)

DEFYANT
01-22-2009, 05:34 PM
I wonder if these are in....

Fnck

?

DEFYANT
01-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I wonder if these are in....

Fnck

?

Hey you guys forgot one! :lol::burnout:

Richy04
01-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey! Dont touch my ********

RF Overlord
01-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I think my question and it's answers have burned up enuff bandwidth. Feel free to lock it. Done.