PDA

View Full Version : Good day with the MM

gmtech
01-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I should say half day, had nothing going on at work & it was 63 here today (7 degrees last week with 18 the high) so i left early to give some much needed attention to the merc. Its been so long since it was cleaned inside. It was most certainly showing to. After 5 hours im happy:D.
1- Deodeorize a/c system(B&G Frigi-Fresh System)
2- Vacuum interior
3- Clean all door jambs & weatherstips seen from inside (orange cleaner & small brush)
4- Get all dirt out of cracks with toothbrush
5- Mothers leather conditioner(seats)
6- Mequairs vinyl,plastic wipes (rest of interior)
7- Clean all interior glass
8- Shampoo front floor mats( no one sits in the back;))

It feels like my car again, at least inside. The outside is a absolute discrace:o. Cant wait till it warms up. Too dark for pics, ill post some tomorrow

ImpalaSlayer
01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
great now you can come over n do mine lol

hot-rauder
01-24-2009, 05:08 AM
leather wipes and plastic cleaner?!? please tell me its not shiny inside..... a damp cloth should wipe the seats clean and then dried. Water is all you need, over time it will also soften the leather.

tjg442
01-24-2009, 07:00 AM
warm water, and saddle soap, not shinny, softens, and real gives off the leather smell....

gmtech
01-24-2009, 07:08 AM
leather wipes and plastic cleaner?!? please tell me its not shiny inside..... a damp cloth should wipe the seats clean and then dried. Water is all you need, over time it will also soften the leather.

No actually the wipes leave the trim & dash dust free and clean but not the wet and shine armor-all look. Dont use the wipes on the seats anyway. The mequairs leather conditioner I use on the seats doesnt leave a shine either.

JohnPPD
01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
warm water, and saddle soap, not shinny, softens, and real gives off the leather smell....

I've though of using saddle soap and then possible mink oil on my seats. Anyone who's ever used these products on leather goods knows how well they work. Armor all or any other dampened wipe clean a little but often just shine up the really dirty spots.

Since you've used saddle soap, have you tried mink oil as well to condition? Anyone else use saddle soap?

justbob
01-25-2009, 07:30 PM
I've been struggling trying to keep her somewhat presentable with all this cold myself.

Jolly Roger
01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
63 degrees (rub it in why don't ya),
it's 11 dgrees here, supposed to go down to zero tonight. LOL