PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck in Texas and I love it here!!!

Motorhead350
01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Well like most of you said the K5 would break down and sure enough it did. The transmission governer broke off and it was towed for free. The thing just had the transmission replaced and serviced 12 days ago. Luckly it was under warranty through AAMCO and it was taken care of... and it broke again in four blocks.

My buddy and I went to The Big Texan home of the 72 ounce steak that is free. We went there for breakfast and I got a Prime Rib. Tonight we are being picked up by a Limo with bullhorns and brought back. The restaurant will pick you up in a Cadillac and bring you back.

The people here are so nice and no one swares!!! I love it. (This is in no reference to what have been going on here lately) I think my truck is going to be parked and stay parked for a while when I get back to Chicago. I might sell off my 65 so I can get a down payment going for a new truck, NOT a replacement of the K5.

I am in Amarillo, TX so if you are in the area send me a PM and I'll give you my number and we can hang out for lunch or something. I'll probably be here for another 2 days, but I might be back on the road tomorrow.

Ok time to call the Cadillac Limo with the bullhorns for my transport to The Big Texan!!! :D :D :D

Bluerauder
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Well like most of you said the K5 would break down and sure enough it did.

I am in Amarillo, TX so if you are in the area send me a PM .....

or a video ..... "Show me the way to Amarillo" >>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xni1_c8aINE

n00bkiller944
01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
WTF do you do to these Transmissions? And save me some steak, sounds like you are having a blast in Texas.

Motorhead350
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
The Limo service was cancelled tonight due to the weather. :(

They said they could probably do it tomorrow at 11am! :)

I don't know how I break these transmissions. I didn't do anything stupid at all. I think I am starting to loose it with Chevrolet, then again it is a nearly 20 year old vehcile, then again the tranny is a week old.

Still Texas is great and I am happy to be here. I think we are going to Popeyes instead and not K.F.C. :D

CBT
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Have fun and come back in one piece, you crazy :censor:!!
Not everyone who breaks down gets to ride around in a limo, lol.

Bigdogjim
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Remember it's bigger in Texas:)

Leadfoot281
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Don't mess with Texas either. ;)

justbob
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Sounds like your having a blast Dom! Too bad about the K5, atleast you got a warranty. Have fun and stay safe.

SC Cheesehead
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I've had some great times out in Texas, enjoy!

Aren Jay
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
.............................. .....

Motorhead350
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Did you update your signature?

7th/8th transmission?

I fixed that. :D

dpotter
01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Careful out there cowboy. If you make it to North Texas, holler at me. Sounds like you're having fun. Just leave our women alone :) Dude, seriously, they're packin' heat.

Motorhead350
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Careful out there cowboy. If you make it to North Texas, holler at me. Sounds like you're having fun. Just leave our women alone :) Dude, seriously, they're packin' heat.

I thought I was in the north part of Texas. :confused:

As for the women... well, I'll have to tell that story some other time.

Vortex
01-26-2009, 09:36 PM
You are in the panhandle, north Texas is about 200 miles south east of you. Yep, I dont understand it much either.

Haggis
01-27-2009, 05:02 AM
I thought I was in the north part of Texas. :confused:

As for the women... well, I'll have to tell that story some other time.

Oh, oh.....Dom has been picking up taxi drivers at 2am again!!! :eek:

SID210SA
01-27-2009, 06:22 AM
I bet its cold up there.....but maybe your used to it being from up there....its 67 right now in San Antonio at 7:18 am but come this afternoon were are supposed to be in the mid 30's....what a swing.....you know what they say about Texas.....just give it a little bit and the weather will change....Ahh Texas.....its like a whole other country...and like David said....watch out for the women....and everone else....most of us carry guns....I know I do...just in case. of coarse I carry one every day for work anyway....but whose counting....make sure you come visit our great state again in the Spring or Fall.....cause we melt during the Summer months...

Have a safe trip Dom.....

TJCOX
01-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Well like most of you said the K5 would break down and sure enough it did. The transmission governer broke off and it was towed for free. The thing just had the transmission replaced and serviced 12 days ago. Luckly it was under warranty through AAMCO and it was taken care of... and it broke again in four blocks.

My buddy and I went to The Big Texan home of the 72 ounce steak that is free. We went there for breakfast and I got a Prime Rib. Tonight we are being picked up by a Limo with bullhorns and brought back. The restaurant will pick you up in a Cadillac and bring you back.

The people here are so nice and no one swares!!! I love it. (This is in no reference to what have been going on here lately) I think my truck is going to be parked and stay parked for a while when I get back to Chicago. I might sell off my 65 so I can get a down payment going for a new truck, NOT a replacement of the K5.

I am in Amarillo, TX so if you are in the area send me a PM and I'll give you my number and we can hang out for lunch or something. I'll probably be here for another 2 days, but I might be back on the road tomorrow.

Ok time to call the Cadillac Limo with the bullhorns for my transport to The Big Texan!!! :D :D :D
Too bad you didn't see 60 Minitues about this company!

wchain
01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Too bad you didn't break down in the Houston area.

FordNut
01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm in Lubbock for work right now, but it's really hectic so I can't get away to run up there. Did you get any of the ice last night?

Motorhead350
01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Ya there is a ton of ice around here.

Next time I got to Texas I'll make sure I'm further south to get to the north side.