PDA

View Full Version : After dinner tonight...

Blk Mamba
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
...my wife was making a cup of tea in the microwave. The unit would come on a few seconds, after you push the minute button, I pushed the inverter button, and started it, it ran on till I stopped it. Next I started it on the beverage setting, after about 9-10 seconds smoke came rolling out from everywhere. I grabbed the plug, and the oven, opened the front door, and threw the thing in the snow. After clearing the smoke out of the house we went on the net to see if anyone else had this same occurrence. The first place we went there were 8 incidents exactly like ours, with this same model. Fire, and all. There is no recall listed, what do you think we should do?

( my invalid mother in law, and autistic grandson live with me.) No BS

PantherP71
01-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I would call the under writers labatory tony...

They investigate all appliance fires.

TAKEDOWN
01-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Notify the Bureau of Better Business.

a_d_a_m
01-31-2009, 08:32 PM
funny you should mention this, as we someone called today reporting that their microwave did the same thing...obviously a different address than yours.

i have no idea what to do, but i do know i would have loved to see your front door fly open and you running with a smoking microwave, only to launch it into a snow drift.

glad nobody got hurt, nonetheless.

PantherP71
01-31-2009, 08:34 PM
I was just about to say call Adam. LOL

a_d_a_m
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/10/911.jpg

justbob
01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Thats some quick thinking on your part! I would definately call the underwriters on that one, just imagine if it was a young kid after school, that could have been a house fire.

Taemian
01-31-2009, 11:26 PM
...my wife was making a cup of tea in the microwave. The unit would come on a few seconds, after you push the minute button, I pushed the inverter button, and started it, it ran on till I stopped it. Next I started it on the beverage setting, after about 9-10 seconds smoke came rolling out from everywhere. I grabbed the plug, and the oven, opened the front door, and threw the thing in the snow. After clearing the smoke out of the house we went on the net to see if anyone else had this same occurrence. The first place we went there were 8 incidents exactly like ours, with this same model. Fire, and all. There is no recall listed, what do you think we should do?

( my invalid mother in law, and autistic grandson live with me.) No BS

I'm still stuck on the last line. You have a 4 generation family spanning your house? Your mother-in-law would be your wife's mom, and you'd have to have kids to have any grandkids in the house...wow.

I can barely handle the one 3 month old we have.

Blk Mamba
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm still stuck on the last line. You have a 4 generation family spanning your house? Your mother-in-law would be your wife's mom, and you'd have to have kids to have any grandkids in the house...wow.

I can barely handle the one 3 month old we have.

Yes you are right My mother in law, wife, daughter, grand-daughter, and grand-son. The only time I have is at work.

CBT
02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
My buddy Jon burnt up 2 microwaves (not quite as dramatically as yours)before figuring out it was the dishes. He said he had noticed they would be rediculously hot, but whatever was on them was lukewarm. When the second microwave crapped out, he removed the dish and it cracked in half. He looked online at the make and saw where that line had been recalled due to high lead content. Went to Wal-Marx and complained, they offered him more dishes from China, he told them where they could put them. Comforting to know your dishes, which you've been eating off of and drinking out of for months had enough lead to fry 2 microwaves. And they have 4 kids.

GordonB
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
trash,
As others have offered, check your dishes and mugs. Then report incident ot Manufacturer of your microwave oven. Next get yourself a NEW microwave and possibly new dishes. Be careful rather than sorry. No fires please.
GordonB

TiTo35
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
trash
Who makes/made your microwave??? Let me know because I just got a "new" microwave...and I heat my daughters oatmeal up in that thing.

Blk Mamba
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
trash
Who makes/made your microwave??? Let me know because I just got a "new" microwave...and I heat my daughters oatmeal up in that thing.

It was a Panasonic Inverter 1250, made in sept 06, 9 others like it have done the same thing, I would return all of them under warrentee, to place of purchase. Wally world usually doesn't care when you purchased, if you have a receipt.