PDA

View Full Version : running for congress is a pain

whd507
02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
500 pages of regulations, and forms with the FEC and IRS. I still need to get 6500+ valid signatures within my district, and turn in notarized signature lists and disclose anybody who helps me get signatures. I have to choose a decent suite of campaign software to keep track of dates and deadlines.
I cant actually turn in anythingor declare until July 13th 2010, yet I hear on the radio that candidates are declaring themselves already.:puke:

I have 10 counties in this district, and have looked into hundreds of events that I can gather signatures and talk to people at. I am tending to favor car shows personally,:beer: but will also have to schedule a lot of boring events.:bs:

to make matters worse, I am not independently wealthy, so I will have to do a bunch of this myself, and foot the bill myself (at least the first $4999, before I have to file more forms) whereas I'm sure my eventual competition will meet with a campaign manager and write a check...

on the plus side, once the PAC is formed, it can buy a car for me to use for official campaign activities. it will probably be black... (or blue, or red, or silver)

CBT
02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
What's your stance on illegal immigration?

knine
02-04-2009, 08:05 PM
What's your stance on exporting CBT and his cat?

Haggis
02-05-2009, 04:58 AM
What's your stance on booze, guns, hot women and fast cars?

jonroe
02-05-2009, 06:02 AM
or even fast women and hot cars...................

whd507
02-06-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm PRO fast cars, I have my own woman, so I'm silent on that fast woman thing, and I'm PRO LEGAL immigration, there however needs to be a fence, and armed response to gangs and drug cartel activity at the border.

whd507
02-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm also PRO 2nd Amendment. it is there to limit Government's intrusion on the People's rights. not to allow government to intrude on the people.

look anywhere there is gun control, you have increased crime, due to unarmed populace. look at places with high gun ownership, and/or concealed carry, and you have lower gun crime, yes you will have occasional accidents, but its preferable to be able to defend yourself.

I'm just putting the website together, yahoo and hughesnet don't work together, so I have to work on it 30 minutes at a time away from home .
www.deanmoore.us

Hacklemerc
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't even like running to the mail box... let alone for a govt. position. Good luck sir.