PDA

View Full Version : I think my turtle has a personality now, does your pet?

Motorhead350
02-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Alright well as weird as it sounds I think my turtle (Mack) has a liking and disliking. Se seems to go up on his "plank" when I put on certian things and others he will hide in his water. Example: When I put on Night Of The Living Dead (original) he got up on his "plank" watched my projector screen and stayed there the whole movie! :eek: After that I put on The Rock, but he doesn't seem to like action probably because of the flashing colors and went back into his water. If I put on a crime drama like Goodfellas he will sit up and watch with us. So he like's Drama and old school Horror, but not action.

Now I know some of you will say turtles will do this and not even know what's going on, but it get's better. He seems to have a music taste too. Like his owner, he likes old music more than anything... probably because the vocals were sweeter and the guitars weren't roaring. Example: I got the Robert Johnson box set for X-mas and soon as I put it on he got up on his plank, and got as close to my CD player as possible... didn't move. He actually closed his eyes, but didn't put his head down or fall asleep, he was into it. Same goes for old R&B. Now when I put on Suicidal Tendencies first album or a live Ramones one with roaring vocals and screaming guitars, he will go into his water and weed out the sound.

Does anyone's pet do anything like this where they actually have a taste in music and movies? Even if they don't completely know what's going on, I still think the sound or motion does effect them.

BTW here's one thing that's funny. One time he was climing his rock (about half way up) and my girlfriend asked him if he was "horny". He turned towards her, jumped off his rock and swam very quickly towards her while keeping his head above water... like owner, like pet. :D

Alright, does anyones pet act/respond like mine does?

2ndMDRebel
02-04-2009, 02:29 PM
I like turtle soup.

CBT
02-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Halas has no soul. Therefore, no quirky traits.

SC Cheesehead
02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Does anyone's pet do anything like this where they actually have a taste in music and movies? Even if they don't completely know what's going on, I still think the sound or motion does effect them.

Alright, does anyones pet act/respond like mine does?

Dom,

We've got four dachshunds, and each one has a distinct personality.

Myer, the oldest one, is the Alpha dog, and demonstrates an insufferable "entitlement" mentality....we exist to serve him.:rolleyes: He's a fat old thing and revels in his obesity, insisting on frequent treats whenever he's in the house. He enjoys swimming, and will spend almost his entire summer in the pool. He is partial to women, and loves polkas and classical music.

The next two in line are brothers. Otto is somewhat hyper, loves to play fetch, especially if we throw his toys in the water. He's partial to men, and my wife claims he is gay. He eats like a horse, but is skinny and cannot seem to put on any weight, no matter how much he eats. He's a friendly little fellow, and is my favorite, but I have to admit, he does act "a couple brick short of a load." Reminds me of Steve from "Multiplicity."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90N-ZHSqFfc&feature=related

He likes jazz and musicals.

His brother, Smeagol, is the anti-social one of the bunch as well as the consumate couch potato. He does not like the other dogs, especially Otto, but he is a lap whore, and will jump up on anybody's lap if they sit down. His basic function in life is eating, sleeping, and pooping, although he will chase any squirrels, birds, etc. that attempt to encroach within his realm (e.g. our back yard).

Smeagol likes TV, and also electronica/spa-type music.

Moose is the pup, and is a genuine PITA. He's into everything, instigates fights between the brothers, and pesters the heck out of Myer. He acts like a typcial little brother, and I believe he's setting himself up as the heir-apparent for the alpha dog role whenever Myer passes on.

He's also a lap whore, and battles it out with Smeagol for lap space. He's partial to Terry (as she puts up with more of his crap that I do), and seems to enjoy HGTV, chick flicks, and soft rock.

Blackened300a
02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Your pushing it Dom. :D

fastblackmerc
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM
The only real person to be a PEZ head was Betsy Ross.

Motorhead350
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Your pushing it Dom. :D

Ya I figured it might backfire on me, but most seem to like the Pet threads. BTW when have I ever not pushed it? :D

rayjay
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I would say Scooter the cat who is laying on his back curled in my left arm as I type this has personality. Very rare for a cat to do this. He is taking great interest in watching me type.

Never mind...

CBT
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM

I know they made KISS PEZ dispensers, they don't count?:dunno:

Joe Walsh
02-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I have a turtle when I go swimming in really COLD water!

:D

CBT
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
i have a turtle when i go swimming in really cold water!

:d

in before da lock!!

knine
02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
You're forgetting about Nicole Brown-Simpson.

Haggis
02-05-2009, 04:56 AM
BTW here's one thing that's funny. One time he was climing his rock (about half way up) and my girlfriend asked him if he was "horny". He turned towards her, jumped off his rock and swam very quickly towards her while keeping his head above water... like owner, like pet. :D

Maybe your gf has a mud hole for your turtle. ;)

Lockdown!!!!

CBT
02-05-2009, 06:29 AM

Ooooooo!!! You sick puppy, you.

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2009, 07:33 AM
I know they made KISS PEZ dispensers, they don't count?:dunno:

Kiss is made up of characters.... if they did a Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ace Frehley, Peter Criss,) and the losers that followed him) without the get ups, then they'd be "real people".....

Man... I'm missing Aren Jay.......:sleepy:

SC Cheesehead
02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Uh, Rich, I think you need professional help....;)

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Uh, Rich, I think you need professional help....;)

The others said I do not.......

Bluerauder
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I have a turtle when I go swimming in really COLD water!

:D
Just wait a couple more years --- you can get the same effect with a cool breeze. :rofl:

knine
02-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Ooooooo!!! You sick puppy, you.
Finally! Somebody got it. :rolleyes:

Motorhead350
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Finally! Somebody got it. :rolleyes:

I got it last night! Wait... no i didn't.