PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOO!!! Another one is dead!!!

Motorhead350
02-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Sorry for title, it was my reaction to the news I got tonight. If you don't care about music, then don't continue reading because this will bore you. If you moved on to here, thank you.

I was just informed the singer of my favorite band of all time died this morning around 4am. He went by the name of Lux Interior (taken from an add in a newspaper for a Chevy) and was the singer of The Cramps. Now a name like this sounds dumb even to me, but the music was everything I ever wanted in a band. Simple 3 chord Rock N' Roll with a twist of Psycho.

They took what was forgotten in the 70's and brought back Rock n' Roll and Rockabilly. Not only that, but on a different level. I have only come across a few bands/artist in my days that I would buy anything from even if I had five dollars on a debit card and the item was 50 I would get it.

I never got to see them live and that's what makes me angry more than anything. It's another band/artist on my list that I never got to see because I was born in the wrong era and stuck with sugar coated mindless garbage.. (100 points to whoever picks up on those words) If I knew about them even when I was a teenage it would have been a blast to see them and I probably would have set all of my crappy pop rock music on fire a little sooner than July 4th 2003.

The guy had a crazy voice and the band influenced me in many ways. Such as turning me onto Rockabilly because I never knew what that music was called in the first place. Reading a book on them last year I thought it was funny that Lux and I shared the same problem... with a love of old cars that sometimes leads to our girlfriend helping us push it around simply because we hate 99% of everything modern. :bigcry: So even in the 70s, that was still the wrong era for Lux.

I never had the chance to see them and now I never will.

First it was one of the fathers of Rock N' Roll Bo Diddley, now the bastard child of Rock n' Roll Lux Interior.

Here is what they were like... love it or hate it, it's still rock n' roll to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ4QLFl01g&feature=related

I have never seen an audience so happy and I really wish I could have been a part of it. :bigcry:

It also makes perfect since that he died a day after the music died, he was the 4th.

offroadking208
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
That sucks Dom. Bring a CD for the trip to Kentucky. Good news is i'll have my new Vic by then, so we can find a couple other panther owners going from Indy and convoy down. I'll get my friend thats buying my old CV to come. lol, chill and listen to "the cramps"

Motorhead350
02-04-2009, 10:53 PM
You got it Justin.

offroadking208
02-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Should be pretty sweet. Im excited, lol. my first panther meet :-)

Motorhead350
02-05-2009, 01:06 AM
For the first time ever I will not be the youngest one there.

offroadking208
02-05-2009, 01:31 AM
haha, my friend will be! he doesn't turn 19 til sometime in march :-) its 18 when you can rent out a motel room, right?

Motorhead350
02-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Yes I believe so.

Back on topic here for anyone who wants to chime in!

jwhit904
02-05-2009, 04:46 AM
...I was born in the wrong era and stuck with sugar coated mindless garbage.. (100 points to whoever picks up on those words) ...

DK--MTV get off the air

Jimimac43
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Dom, there is a band that I have seen in Daytona Beach Fl. for years. They are called "The Razorbacks". They cover Rock-a Billy and put on a great show, Check out Razorbacksmusic.com ! They are always there for Bike Week at The Bank Bar on Main St.

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2009, 08:56 AM
The worst cramps I ever had was when I got food poisoning at the Boca Raton Resort in 07.....
put me in the hospital for 2 days! And my room was not even serviced while I was away!

Joe Walsh
02-05-2009, 09:22 AM
The worst cramps I ever had was when I got food poisoning at the Boca Raton Resort in 07.....
put me in the hospital for 2 days! And my room was not even serviced while I was away!

Well can you blame them....who would want to change those sheets and clean that toilet....:eek:

Motorhead350
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
DK--MTV get off the air

You are correct! :)

J D
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
MY condolences for your loss Dom, but if the youtube link was any indication I wouldn't have liked 'em. I like that old kinda rock and roll more than most, BUT there is very little in life that I hate more that Extremely Low pants! Man OR Woman, White, Black, Brown Yellow, Green, it does not matter, it just urks me to my core to see purpose made, a quarter inch away from public indecency, low pants. [/end rant]

Motorhead350
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Well that just proves you actually looked at the video and thank you for that. I'm not too found of Lux's pants that night either, but the rock n' roll music on speed stuck me.

offroadking208
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
lol, ya. the pants wern't too attractive, but the song wasn't bad. I looked at that, then followed the links to other songs too. not too bad

O's Fan Rich
02-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Well..... I decided to watch.....

He was no Ronnie VanZant, but he certainly had his own special way about himself, eh?

This video of theirs was a bit easier for me to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5mH38AhOHI&feature=related

Motorhead350
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Listen to this preverted rock n' roll... I bet you can guess what song was ripped off in a second! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y::bigcry::bigcry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtsW1LYFhV4&feature=related

CBT
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Not to speak ill of the dead and one of your favorite musicians, but after watching (most) of the video I can't help but wonder what he died from. Choking? I can dig the music, but the lyrics and the singing style, meh.

O's Fan Rich
02-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Not to speak ill of the dead and one of your favorite musicians, but after watching (most) of the video I can't help but wonder what he died from. Choking? I can dig the music, but the lyrics and the singing style, meh.

I got the feeling he was showing off to some of the guys in the audience....

Egon Spengler
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Dom, you scared the crap out of me on myspace saying that Egon Spangler was dead!!! You can joke about killing off anyone EXCEPT GHOSTBUSTERS!!! Don't even joke like that... I would have to modify my avatar with a black line through it to mourn the death of a Ghostbuster.

For those of you who don't know... StangStomper titled a bulletin on myspace as "Egon Spangler found dead..." and when you open it, it is actually annoucing the death of Lux Interior. I was relieved when I found out that it wasn't a Ghostbuster! Still sad news though.

Motorhead350
02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Dom, you scared the crap out of me on myspace saying that Egon Spangler was dead!!! You can joke about killing off anyone EXCEPT GHOSTBUSTERS!!! Don't even joke like that... I would have to modify my avatar with a black line through it to mourn the death of a Ghostbuster.

For those of you who don't know... StangStomper titled a bulletin on myspace as "Egon Spangler found dead..." and when you open it, it is actually annoucing the death of Lux Interior. I was relieved when I found out that it wasn't a Ghostbuster! Still sad news though.

MY bass player must have done that, I wouldn't joke about death.

CBT it's the music that got me going, I know he wasn't the best signer, but for what was going on I thought it was a perfect match.