PDA

View Full Version : Self Control

O's Fan Rich
02-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Self control
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Self-control)
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Self control (disambiguation).

Self control refers to the ability to control human behavior through the exertion of will. Self-control is required in order to inhibit impulsivity, and has been a recurrent theme throughout history, culture, and philosophy, where it is considered a key to volition (psychology) and free will.

In contemporary psychology it is sometimes referred to as self-regulation, and exerting self-control through the executive functions in decision making is thought to deplete a resource in the ego.[1]

CBT
02-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Funny, this mentions nothing about grip.

Bulten Rauder
02-12-2009, 02:05 PM
I just quit smoking four weeks ago. Now that's self control! :beatnik:

The only thing I can imagine tougher is not standing on the gas every time I get in my MM.

Aren Jay
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
With your fallible utterations how do you know that what you think; is the truth. Perhaps it is but another denial of circumstance that pervades your intellect?

Your self control is just out of control only you don't see it; unless your cue manifestations represent in such a way that your ascertation of control is just a by product of your quantum signature set in the ordination of your intentionality.

Thus resulting in the denial of your deficit, such that your illusion of control is nothing more than the intentionality of the situation and your quantum interaction in the unconscious subset you mistake for self. Resulting in a control that has no self or interaction or understanding.

hot-rauder
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
With your fallible utterations how do you know that what you think; is the truth. Perhaps it is but another denial of circumstance that pervades your intellect?

Your self control is just out of control only you don't see it; unless your cue manifestations represent in such a way that your ascertation of control is just a by product of your quantum signature set in the ordination of your intentionality.

Thus resulting in the denial of your deficit, such that your illusion of control is nothing more than the intentionality of the situation and your quantum interaction in the unconscious subset you mistake for self. Resulting in a control that has no self or interaction or understanding.

Aren, Sometimes your comments just go over my head....

Haggis
02-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Aren, Sometimes your comments just go over my head....

Layman terms, please.

Aren Jay
02-13-2009, 12:49 PM
The intentionallity of the siutation forces the causality of the quantum state that Hot-Rauder feels to resolve itself into an utteration of consistent and on occasion delusive effective recombinant conscillation affording the condition that one, such as Hot-Rauder, to feel that the afformentioned is such that the matter resolves itself to be such that the effect of having an objective experience pass in close proximity to the and overtop of or should one say above the cranial region of the as for mentioned such that the experience of the effect is that the knowledge which one can be deluded into thinking is the case but that it may not be the case of the effect of the understanding or of the illusion of the understanding that it is not to the understanding of the as forementioned condition of the assertion that the utterance, was without self knowledte or atleast the understanding that the self knowledge was unknown to the individual, in this case Hot-Rauder, to be exclaimed that the event did not or was not known to be computed even if it was was it was just thought mistakenly to be but then not to be exclaimed.

Lay-term explictive?

merc
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Layman terms, please.

Layman...who is he? Does Mr. Terms own a Marauder?

O's Fan Rich
02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Layman...who is he? Does Mr. Terms own a Marauder?

It's a French Canadian term for "The Man" I believe.... or what they do on cold nights up there... cannot recall.

Joe Walsh
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
I thought it was the same meaning as 'Pumpkin'.

Post count +1!
:woohoo:

Aren Jay
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
or does not know if the recall that he relies upon is of sufficent integraty to be relied upon in the field of the explication of the resultant knowledge which one O's fan recalls or thinks one recalls.

Joe Walsh
02-13-2009, 12:59 PM
:tmi:

How you doing Rich?

Post count +1!

O's Fan Rich
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
:tmi:

How you doing Rich?

Post count +1!

I'm good... you?:banana2:

Post count +1!

xopher
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
sufficent integraty
Increasing word size, density of text, and establishing possible linkages to other ideas does not increase the quality of your communication.

My favorite two lines of Lao Tzu are the first two of Chapter 56 of the Tao Te Ching:

http://www.wussu.com/laotzu/laotzu56.html

Those who know do not talk.
Those who talk do not know.

Joe Walsh
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Increasing word size, density of text, and establishing possible linkages to other ideas does not increase the quality of your communication.

My favorite two lines of Lao Tzu are the first two of Chapter 56 of the Tao Te Ching:

http://www.wussu.com/laotzu/laotzu56.html

Those who know do not talk.
Those who talk do not know.

You can add to that:

Those who cannot spell should not post.
Those that should not post cannot spell.

Post count +1!