PDA

View Full Version : No this takes the Cake...

Blk Mamba
02-13-2009, 12:45 AM
the wind was blowing 40-50 mph, I had just gotten off work at 1:30 AM. It was a mix of sleet and rain, so the top speed was 55 or so, (gusts to 65 make it hard to keep it in one lane) The ten mile ride to my exit was uneventful till I slowed for the exit. The exit is a slight down hill curve, so speed is a consideration. Just as I start the decline, I see a gray strip across the road in front of me. Before I can react I have run over it. I pull over , and stop to go see, it is an aluminum light pole across the road. I called 911 to fill out a report, and to report the pole down. The cars going in the shop so I can look at it good.

tjg442
02-13-2009, 03:06 AM
the wind was blowing 40-50 mph, I had just gotten off work at 1:30 AM. It was a mix of sleet and rain, so the top speed was 55 or so, (gusts to 65 make it hard to keep it in one lane) The ten mile ride to my exit was uneventful till I slowed for the exit. The exit is a slight down hill curve, so speed is a consideration. Just as I start the decline, I see a gray strip across the road in front of me. Before I can react I have run over it. I pull over , and stop to go see, it is an aluminum light pole across the road. I called 911 to fill out a report, and to report the pole down. The cars going in the shop so I can look at it good.
o.k. ? tjg442 :( let us know ! what ramp ?

RoyLPita
02-13-2009, 04:53 AM
I hope that there isn't any major damage to your MM. Keep us posted.

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2009, 05:49 AM
damn you cant tell me anyhting isnt wrong with it!

Blk Mamba
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I filed a claim with the insurance company this morning, and a police report, These are tough cars, I've driven it about 70 miles since, and it doesn't handle any different. Ted it was the east bound exit from Rt. 2 to the Richmond St. My biggest concern is things like wheels being damaged, tires cut, oil pan, tranny, rear end, gas tank, Etc. Thanks for your concern.

tjg442
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
i filed a claim with the insurance company this morning, and a police report, these are tough cars, i've driven it about 70 miles since, and it doesn't handle any different. Ted it was the east bound exit from rt. 2 to the richmond st. My biggest concern is things like wheels being damaged, tires cut, oil pan, tranny, rear end, gas tank, etc. Thanks for your concern.

need anything my friend, call me ! Glad to here it sounds o.k. Stay in touch.....ted

a_d_a_m
02-13-2009, 03:16 PM
with all the postwhoring going on lately, i thought this was gonna be a BS story.

it certainly doesn't sound like one.

if you were on that exit ramp (richmond street), you couldn't have been going more than 30mph, right?

tjg442
02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
with all the postwhoring going on lately, i thought this was gonna be a BS story.

it certainly doesn't sound like one.

if you were on that exit ramp (richmond street), you couldn't have been going more than 30mph, right?

he still has the oem tires and wheels !!! no wife in the car, coming home from work late at night ? 30mph ?....yah, right !!! he made the ramp, but not at thirty !!

Blk Mamba
02-13-2009, 04:09 PM
It was 30 ft. down the ramp, and I was at about 20 mph.

rayjay
02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
We had similiar weather here last night. Sometimes you have 0 chance to react. Hope the cars ok.

Merc-O-matic
02-13-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear about the mishap....like you said the cars are tough!
You might want to check under the front bumper....check the
bumper braces (bent or loose). Keep us posted.