PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Taurus SHO AWD !!!!!

MENINBLK
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Could this be worth trading in the Marauder ?????
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id =29846 :bows::bows::bows:

ImpalaSlayer
02-13-2009, 05:23 PM

i wouldnt trade my 91 ranger for it.............:puke:

CROWNMARAUDER
02-13-2009, 05:41 PM
It's nice to see the taurus SHO return, but I wouldn't consider buying one.

Vortex
02-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Doesnt look much more exciting than my current daily driving appliance:

Fourth Horseman
02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I'm with you Vortex. Disappointed in the styling. My advice would be to wait for a couple of years and see if they jazz it up any with a refresh.

SC Cheesehead
02-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I've got mixed feelings on the new SHO. Not too excited about the styling, but the AWD and six speed look interesting.

Guess I'll have to see one up close and take a test drive before I can really judge the car.

Ms. Denmark
02-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Hello! It's a Taurus.......Yawn!

Black_Noise
02-14-2009, 10:02 AM
it looks ugly, I wouldnt even think about getting rid of the MM for it.

I might consider getting a second gen SHO as a daily driver, but thats all.

michael ward
02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
you guys got this car all wrong. take a real look before judgeing it . taurus is just a name. i saw this car last night at the chicago auto show they did a awesome job

bigmerc2003
02-14-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I'm with you Vortex. Disappointed in the styling. My advice would be to wait for a couple of years and see if they jazz it up any with a refresh.

But wasn't the original SHO similar to the Marauder in the sence that it hard some sport styling but was meant to blend in and be a sleaper?

I agree with everyone though that I would not buy one.....yet, i would rather wait for all the bugs to be worked out and wait for possibly a better version. It looks kinda cool

Fourth Horseman
02-14-2009, 05:29 PM
But wasn't the original SHO similar to the Marauder in the sence that it hard some sport styling but was meant to blend in and be a sleaper?

You're right, but uh... well, this one really blends in.

rayjay
02-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I've got mixed feelings on the new SHO. Not too excited about the styling, but the AWD and six speed look interesting.

Guess I'll have to see one up close and take a test drive before I can really judge the car.

+1 Rex, want to see it in person. Problem is these things tend to follow me home.

MENINBLK
02-15-2009, 03:32 AM
.....yet, i would rather wait for all the bugs to be worked out and wait for possibly a better version.

What bugs ???
The 3.5l Duratec V6 has been in production now for 3 years !!!
First in the Fusion, then in the Taurus sedan, and now in the Taurus X
and possibly in other vehicles too.
It is the same engine used in the Taurus SHO, it was just rename to Ecoboost !

The AWD system is the same system since the 2005 Freestyle/500/Montego
and it was derived from the Bugatti Veyron.

What bugs could there possibly be ???

imorb1994
02-15-2009, 06:19 AM
What bugs ???
The 3.5l Duratec V6 has been in production now for 3 years !!!
First in the Fusion, then in the Taurus sedan, and now in the Taurus X
and possibly in other vehicles too.
It is the same engine used in the Taurus SHO, it was just rename to Ecoboost !

The AWD system is the same system since the 2005 Freestyle/500/Montego
and it was derived from the Bugatti Veyron.

What bugs could there possibly be ???
The Ecoboost is also twin turbocharged(what kind of new electronics are there to contol these)

The awd system has worked fine for vehicles that don't have 365 hp.

These are the bugs I would be worried about

rayjay
02-15-2009, 06:34 AM
The Ecoboost is also twin turbocharged(what kind of new electronics are there to contol these)

The awd system has worked fine for vehicles that don't have 365 hp.

These are the bugs I would be worried about

+1, been a while since Ford put a turbo on anything, but its about time they saw the light. Good point on the tyranny/drive system too.

Bradley G
02-15-2009, 07:34 AM
I got up enough nerve to climb in the 2010 sliver SHO on Rotating platformed display at the Chicago auto show yesterday AM, before the show opened.
All you nay sayers are in for a big surprise.
It's been what? six years since a high performance sedan offering has been available?
Now Ford has one; AWD, 365hp, 26 mpg, 20" wheels a torque curve so flat, we all could have dinner on it!
AND some of you complain you don't like the styling/rear end?
Gimme a whack!

:fishslap:

It's a Kick azz car!!!!

If you are hard to fit size wize, you are in for a real treat.
As I climbed out of the car
The lady model seemed a little annoyed with me, cause I changed every seat, steering wheel, & mirror(s) position possible to the settings she had set for herself.
Ok to be fair and impartial (if possible) the paddle shifters were flimsy!
But that is all I could find wrong with it.

Dr Caleb
02-15-2009, 12:53 PM

Actually, they had me at V6 Twin Turbo . . ;)

As an aside - anyone like the Chip Foose F-150s?

LOWBUCKMM
02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
i just got back from the auto show and i think im going to buy one. when they are good and used. and i think they are bigger the the ford 500 and look lots better then the plain old taurus base model. brandon

TAKEDOWN
02-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I like them, but I was more impressed by the 2010 Harley Davidson Truck, now that was BAd to the Bone!

Marauderjack
02-16-2009, 04:32 AM
I got up enough nerve to climb in the 2010 sliver SHO on Rotating platformed display at the Chicago auto show yesterday AM, before the show opened.
It's been what? six years since a high performance sedan offering has been available?
Now Ford has one; AWD, 365hp, 26 mpg, 20" wheels a torque curve so flat, we all could have dinner on it!
AND some of you complain you don't like the styling/rear end?
Gimme a whack!

:fishslap:

It's a Kick azz car!!!!

If you are hard to fit size wize, you are in for a real treat.
As I climbed out of the car
The lady model seemed a little annoyed with me, cause I changed every seat, steering wheel, & mirror(s) position possible to the settings she had set for herself.
Ok to be fair and impartial (if possible) the paddle shifters were flimsy!
But that is all I could find wrong with it.

How much for the AWD version....$50K???:eek::shake:

No Thanks!!!:rolleyes:

Bradley G
02-16-2009, 05:38 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about JACK!, the base price is twelve thousand less than, the number you "Spewed"
SHO ""IS"" AWD!! Not a VERSION
GO SEE & Drive ONE !!!

How much for the AWD version....$50K???:eek::shake:

No Thanks!!!:rolleyes:

Marauderjack
02-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Huh???:eek:

Damn you are touchy Brad!!!:cool:

No front wheel drive for me ever again.....AWD is a possibility but not at $40++.......Sorry you got irritated!!!:shake:

"Spewer" ain't me!!:D

Bradley G
02-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I am sorry if you felt jilted by my post Jack, the car is remarkable.
I'd like to hear what your impression(s) are, after you go sample the goods.
If you could add the AWD, 60+HP, 26 Highway MPG, and more room for a few thousand over a MM (not to mention) better stereo,seats,Travel link Nav, blis,20" wheels ?I could go on........

Huh???:eek:

Damn you are touchy Brad!!!:cool:

No front wheel drive for me ever again.....AWD is a possibility but not at $40++.......Sorry you got irritated!!!:shake:

"Spewer" ain't me!!:D

MENINBLK
02-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Twin Turbo AWD is $37,500...
CHEAPER than the 2009 Taurus X LTD AWD that I am waiting on right now !!!

AND for those worried about the AWD on 365HP....
The Bugatti Veyron puts out 1001 HP
and has a top speed of 250 mph
and the AWD system is the Haldex Traction system.
The very same system that Ford uses...

imorb1994
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Twin Turbo AWD is $37,500...
CHEAPER than the 2009 Taurus X LTD AWD that I am waiting on right now !!!

AND for those worried about the AWD on 365HP....
The Bugatti Veyron puts out 1001 HP
and has a top speed of 250 mph
and the AWD system is the Haldex Traction system.
The very same system that Ford uses...
I am interested in buying one of these cars in the future so dont shoot but: I higlhy doubt that they parts are of the same quality and standards that the Veyron would recieve

Master
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I just don't get where all the Ford stylists have gone. They keep getting better in the engineering department and worse and worse in the style department. What, besides the F-150 and Mustang have any spark whatsoever in the Ford lineup these days?

Merc4Hire
02-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Style wise, "meh"...but the drivetrain deserves a semi-chubb!:banana:

I'm open minded, hopefully the aftermarket will give it some nice style enhancements. Maybe with the right aftermarket bumpers/ground kits/wheels it could look wicked. And I don't mean rice kits, I mean like professionally designed kits, like if Saleen, Roush or Shelby designed something for it.:coolman:

Bradley G
02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Focus Fusion Escape Edge Flex all have decent styling
I just don't get where all the Ford stylists have gone. They keep getting better in the engineering department and worse and worse in the style department. What, besides the F-150 and Mustang have any spark whatsoever in the Ford lineup these days?

Motorhead350
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=MENINBLK;718194]Could this be worth trading in the Marauder ?????
QUOTE]

The answer is no. What's the question?

2,4shofast
02-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I wont be getting rid of the Marauder but I will probably wait out the first model year and be inline for the second...I think there is some extra power that can be found with the right upgrades as with the BMW 335's...

Marauderjack
02-17-2009, 05:31 AM
How strong is the AWD drive train......sounds complicated and easy to break!!!:help:

$37K is better than I thought and after a bit maybe low $30's may be doable??:confused:

Still not impressed with the looks......I'll keep the Marauder many more years.....as long as I can get PARTS!!??:cool:

MENINBLK
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I am interested in buying one of these cars in the future so dont shoot but: I higlhy doubt that they parts are of the same quality and standards that the Veyron would recieve

Here is a new article on the 6F55 transmission...
http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id =29894

Raudermaster
02-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I said it before in the other SHO thread, and I'll say it again. You guys piss and moan about how Ford doesn't make anything that the consumers want, then when they finally DO, granted it only took them 10 years, you guys pick it to pieces! I love it, and I believe the old man will be picking one up. As for styling wise, they could have doen something else with the rear lights, but I love how it "blends," no one will be the wiser when they're getting smoked by a Taurus.

ncmm
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
The SHO in Atlantis Green Metallic. . .

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/nocarey/bullitt/2010SHOAtlantisGreen60.jpg

Vortex
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Saw one in Person today at the Dallas Auto Show. It appears to be a quality piece but doesnt do much for me, reminded me of a fat Malibu.

Raudermaster
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
The front looks sleek and sexy.

Iowa Rick
02-18-2009, 10:45 PM

it looks ugly, I wouldnt even think about getting rid of the MM for it.

I might consider getting a second gen SHO as a daily driver, but thats all.
Come on now, We are driving the b*st*rd child of a police car and a taxi cab. I love my MM but it is an antique compared to the new SHO. Rick

rayjay
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Saw one in Person today at the Dallas Auto Show. It appears to be a quality piece but doesnt do much for me, reminded me of a fat Malibu.

Flame away but I love the looks of the new Malibu. If it wasn't for my wife talking sense into me the DTR would be gone and a top of the line sport version Malibu would be in my driveway. That and I wouldn't let my DTR go for what they wanted to give me.

ncmm
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
CR dogs the new SHO
http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2009/02/2010-ford-taurus-sho-sedan-wrong-car-wrong-time.html
I never did like Consumer Reports. . .

252life
02-20-2009, 07:15 AM
How strong is the AWD drive train......sounds complicated and easy to break!!!:help:

The AWD Haldex system was developed in Sweden many years ago and have been used in allot of cars, vw audi's and volvo's etc. (The Taurus is based on the Volvo S80 by the way)
The Haldex system is a electronically controlled hydraulic system, it is pretty complicated. In the early years a few hydraulic pumps failed. But now I don't think there would be any problems to expect.
One advantage on this system is that you can use a different size spare wheel. And there is also zero delay for the power to the rear wheels.

Marauderjack
02-20-2009, 07:22 AM
The AWD Haldex system was developed in Sweden many years ago and have been used in allot of cars, vw audi's and volvo's etc. (The Taurus is based on the Volvo S80 by the way)
The Haldex system is a electronically controlled hydraulic system, it is pretty complicated. In the early years a few hydraulic pumps failed. But now I don't think there would be any problems to expect.
One advantage on this system is that you can use a different size spare wheel. And there is also zero delay for the power to the rear wheels.

So it drives the front wheels only and kicks the rears in when needed or do all four pull all the time??:confused:

Master
02-20-2009, 07:56 AM
It wasn't really a bad review. He just questioned the pricing. However, for what you get, the pricing is actually VERY competitive as one reviewer pointed out.
Apart from that, though, he sounded like he approved of the car in principle.

252life
02-20-2009, 08:40 AM
So it drives the front wheels only and kicks the rears in when needed or do all four pull all the time??:confused:

Yes it's 95% front wheel drive most of the time, until one of the front tires looses traction then power is instantly put to the rear wheels without any delay.

Sir Charles
02-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Glad to see this sweet car coming back.:bows:

finster101
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
The front looks sleek and sexy.

Are we looking at the same car? It's a fugly generic appliance.