PDA

View Full Version : This one

Mike Poore
02-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Looks like the red truck has found a replacement. BTW, it was the fuel pump that killed the poor thing. It's all fixed and back home, awaiting it's potential new owner to pick it up. The repair bill was $500+, not bad considering 7 years and 110,000 miles of trouble free travel, if we forget about the crazy spark plug/coil pack circus.

http://www.koonslmv.com/new-inventory/vehicle-details.htm?vehicleId=72b93ab3 4046381e01abdb5e6b166f07&useHistory=true

We like the color it's replacement & bet my pal Charlie will also. :D

Bigdogjim
02-14-2009, 06:35 AM
NIce!!! Good luck with the new ride! A pair of Lincolns now :up:

O's Fan Rich
02-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Nice Mike!!
I think Trilogy makes a supercharger kit for that too.

Bluerauder
02-15-2009, 06:04 AM
We like the color it's replacement & bet my pal Charlie will also. :D
Very Nice !!! I think that you will enjoy the Dark Blue Pearl (DBP) as long as you keep it cleaned up. I have a matched DBP set with the MM and the Freestyle. The blue looks best when all spit and polished. Looks like crap after a rain and during pollen season.

Mike Poore
02-15-2009, 06:41 AM
Looks like crap after a rain and during pollen season.

SHHHHhhhhhhh! Don't tell Barbie! :eek:

No! Wait! It's me that has to keep it clean and looking good.

In any case, I'll get the final word on it tomorrow. Tom Crouse wants me to order an '09 Expedition King Ranch for ~the same price, but I like the Navigator better. We'll see.

On another front, my emergency temp monitor at Snow Shoe just called telling that the temp is below the set point, and that the power is ON. That means the furnace has quit, and I need to take a road trip. See you guys whenever.

Bluerauder
02-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Tom Crouse wants me to order an '09 Expedition King Ranch for ~the same price, but I like the Navigator better. We'll see.
You have been thinking about that King Ranch since the Washington Auto Show 2 years ago. I can't get in that truck without thinking of baseball season. Takes me back to little league and new baseball glove smell every time.

Remember this? >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/WashAuto6.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/WashAuto6_thumb.jpg)

Ms. Denmark
02-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Great looking pic, Mike! The Navigator looks sweet too. Only improvement would be the color.... a nice Silver Birch. ;) Happy motoring! Hey, if you got a black one....they might think you were the Secret Service Supervisor!:cool:

rayjay
02-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Great looking pic, Mike! The Navigator looks sweet too. Only improvement would be the color.... a nice Silver Birch. ;) Happy motoring! Hey, if you got a black one....they might think you were the Secret Service Supervisor!:cool:

DTR Mike, get a DTR. Dare to be different! Good luck with the purchase.

Mike Poore
02-16-2009, 06:20 AM
You have been thinking about that King Ranch since the Washington Auto Show 2 years ago. I can't get in that truck without thinking of baseball season. Takes me back to little league and new baseball glove smell every time.

Remember this? >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/WashAuto6.jpg (http://http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/WashAuto6_thumb.jpg)
I was smiling because of Pam. I said, "Hey little girl; you want to go for a ride in my truck?" She likes me best Y'know. :D

Actually, color choice was secondary since these leftover '08's are getting to be in short(er) supply, and we were more interested in interior color, and options, so we selected this one, regardless of color. We would have preferred Vapor Silver.

GordonB
02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Mike,
I like the DBP color! Good choice.
GordonB

Vortex
02-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Nice looking truck!

Mike Poore
02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
ARRRRRRRrrrraaaaaauuuuuggggggh hhhh!

I've had the glorious victory of getting the perfect Navigator snatched from my very hands, by, can you believe it ....California! :eek:

It turns out that all new vehicles registered in PA must have CA emissions certification, and Maryland, where the prize, I found, does not require such stupidity, nor does the navigator we want have it. Which means, I cannot buy Charlie's Dark Blue Pearl Clearcoat Navigator, at least if I want to bring it to PA. Is that crazy, or what?

So tonight we'll go to Crouse Ford in Taneytown and order the Expedition King Ranch, with Pam's Chaparral Leather seats, in their version of DTR, now called Royal Red. I may, however consider the Black pearl slate, unless you guys complain. :rolleyes:

I should hate California, but the blame lies with our idiot Governor "Fast Eddy" Rendell.

I hope they indite that bastage. :mad2:

rayjay
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM
We are stuck with that non sense here in NYS too. They should make it regional, not the entire state.

Mike Poore
02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
We are stuck with that non sense here in NYS too. They should make it regional, not the entire state.

I hope they don't put our Fast Eddie and your Elliot in the same lock-up. No telling what that pair of clowns would cook up. :rolleyes:

rayjay
02-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I hope they don't put our Fast Eddie and your Elliot in the same lock-up. No telling what that pair of clowns would cook up. :rolleyes:

Huh, Elliot got off scott free, no prosecution. :shake:

Motorhead350
02-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Nice Mike!!
I think Trilogy makes a supercharger kit for that too.

With the weight of that truck it'll be lucky to run 14s with any type of forced induction.

I learned that the hard way with mine.

Mike Poore
02-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Well the circus is over. What with the CA emissions debacle and online searching the Navigator is in the garage. We went to see the Expedition and flat didn't like it. Period. The deal killer was the options list on the King Ranch, and especially the crazy SYNC radio system that was an amazingly dizzying array of voice activated menus in a display that I defy anyone over the age of 12 to use. There was no way to avoid getting this nightmare, if we wanted that model, so, no thanks, we'll pass, TYVM.

Back to the internet. In our local area (100 mile circle) I found one '08 Navigator; this one at Lake FLM in Lewistown, PA. http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/lakefordlm/newvehicles?_flowExecutionKey= _c2798FCBB-44C9-1444-2976-447BA1A2BBD9_kE9169915-06A2-6AA3-F7AE-4A5440AB8B32&_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=5LMFU28598LJ22238&modelId=85&dealerPACode=10431

And as luck would have it, it was exactly what we wanted: Vapor Silver/Black interior. I gave 'em a call, made the deal and when Barb got home, we made the two hr drive to Lewistown and picked it up. It had the rear DVD entertainment thingey, which we could have done without, but it came down to; were we gonna find a Navigator in PA, or not. In any case, it lives here, now, and I need to learn the THX radio/nav system, which BTW, will require a bit of study.

Haggis
02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Well the circus is over.

YOU SOLD THE PIMPMOBILE!!!!!! :eek:

.....and I need to learn the THX radio/nav system, which BTW, will require a bit of study.

Now, that is an understatement; if I have ever heard one. :lol:

rayjay
02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Congrats Mike! Beautiful vehicle, but that MSRP :eek:

Mike Poore
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Congrats Mike! Beautiful vehicle, but that MSRP :eek:

How about $8,750 off before the dealer's discount? You gotta admit that 44K buys a hell of a lot of vehicle these days.

Nope Gordon, the Pimpmobile will not be sold. We're taking Barb's Navigator out to Ohio and giving it to the kids, and the Red truck is spoken for, and I transfered the tags from 'ol red to the Navigator. Once these transactions have taken place, we'll be down to two drivers + the Mustangs. :D