PDA

View Full Version : saturn, hummer and saab are no more?

baltimoremm
02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0902/gallery.chrysler_changes/index.html

pt cruiser, durango, hummer, saturn, saab are going bye bye.
i saw the end of saturn and hummer, but i'll admit i'm a bit suprised about saab going away.

ctrlraven
02-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Saab's are over priced here. Frankly I'd rather buy a Volvo and I'm sure that's what everyone else did because Volvo sold a lot more than Saab.

Egon Spengler
02-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Saab's are overpriced and waaaaay too expensive to fix! I hate everything about Saab's so PEACE OUT!

Vortex
02-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Hate to lose any marque but Saabs are just fancy Chevys now, Hummers are expendable. Too bad about Saturn, they are basically Opels built in the US and the Astra coupe is a nice looking little car too. I hear Pontiac is going away soon as well.

jonroe
02-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Saturn: "amazingly resistant to success".............well put. Good riddance.

rayjay
02-18-2009, 09:46 AM
There was a news story here yesterday that Chrysler was seeking an additional $5 billion to stay alive. BS, pull the plug, :wave: bye, see ya! I have no hard facts, but there are a awfull lot of Crusiers in my area. Seems successful to me, why would you drop it?

FWIW, I have so little faith in the Communist News Network that I never watch it and only believe 10% of whats on the others.

Egon Spengler
02-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Being a fireman, I have seen Saturns in accidents... HORRIBLE! They blow apart like nothing! I have no use for any of the listed vehicles... Owning a civilian H1 would be pretty cool though... I know they are garbage, but I am an overcompensater lol j/k

rayjay
02-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Owning a civilian H1 would be pretty cool though... I know they are garbage, but I am an overcompensater lol j/k

There a two in my area. They are HUGE vehicles. I could see owning one if you had a large ranch or farm with unimproved roads on your property. Otherwise its big time over kill, even with our notoriously bad winters here.

TiTo35
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Good, good and good! :D

Joe Walsh
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
I could care less about Saab...They aren't Saabs anymore..they are rebadged Subarus or Chevys.

I'm upset about the rumor that Pontiac will be cut to only 2 models!

IMHO Pontiac was one of the best things that GM had going.
At least they would put out some nice performance cars, like the GTO, GXP and the G8.

Davesvt2000
02-18-2009, 11:14 AM
SAAB = Something An Assh*le Buys :flamer:

SC Cheesehead
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
:laugh:

Now Dave, that's not very P.C.

Funny, but not P.C.!! :rofl:

DOOM
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM

:lol: :laugh:

Master
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I never really liked Pontiac's stylists. Think Vibe (an uglied up Toyota) and that SUV-ish thing that was so godaweful that they couldn't give them away. I always thought that the sole purpose of Pontiac was to take a mildly OK chev body and carve it up into something distinctly more hideous.

Got_1
02-18-2009, 02:01 PM
pontiac's have always been cheap junk.

rayjay
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Come on guys the Pontiac A$$tick was a great looking vehicle :puke:

imorb1994
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
All of the above vehicles and brands have always been junk(except the H1 built by am general not gm):bandit:

SC Cheesehead
02-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I never really liked Pontiac's stylists. Think Vibe (an uglied up Toyota) and that SUV-ish thing that was so godaweful that they couldn't give them away. I always thought that the sole purpose of Pontiac was to take a mildly OK chev body and carve it up into something distinctly more hideous.

Well, can't diagree on some of Pontiac's styling SNAFU's but they've had some fast cars over the years.

Joe Walsh
02-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, can't diagree on some of Pontiac's styling SNAFU's but they've had some fast cars over the years.

Exactly!
What would you rather see on the streets....a rumbling Pontiac LS2/LS3...or a weedwacker Ricer turdbox???

I'll support Pontiac any day of the week, and hope to see them stick around!

I am a 'died-in-the-(blue)-wool' FORD man, but I respect and appreciate any strong running American V8 car!

duhtroll
02-18-2009, 07:05 PM
The only pleasure I take from that statement is knowing that a local dealership (repeatedly known for screwing customers every which way they can) just spent lots of cash reorganizing for their Saturn addition.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/autos/0902/gallery.chrysler_changes/index.html

i saw the end of saturn and hummer, but i'll admit i'm a bit suprised about saab going away.

Merc4Hire
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM

Oh darn, crap, crap and more crap will be discontinued.:D Actually I take it back, saturn is ok.

Anybody who's had to work on a PT Loser will tell you axing them is no big loss. If only Mercedes followed suit...

jerrym3
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Pontiacs used to be very stylish and quick car in the late 50's/60's, along with Oldsmobile.

GTOs, 58 Bonneville, 421 tri-power Catalinas, just to mention a few.

Sorry to see Pontiac go, or get watered down.