PDA

View Full Version : What do you think/know

Mike Poore
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Interesting that we signed the bill of sale for the new car on Monday evening the 16th; but I said, maybe we should wait until tomorrow, and were told the new tax break on buying new vehicles would be retroactive, so, not to worry. Is this true, or did we screw up, by signing the BOS just 4 hrs before the law would go into effect on the 17th, the day the President signed the spendulous act into law?

I have a life-long habit of being the first guy in line, just after they gave away the last prize from the bag. You saw how the member's free raffle went, right? I mean, it was me who thought it up and made most of the arrangements, yet I was the only one who didn't win anything, except for 'ol "lucky" Dan, that is. :bigcry:

SC Cheesehead
02-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Interesting that we signed the bill of sale for the new car on Monday evening the 16th; but I said, maybe we should wait until tomorrow, and were told the new tax break on buying new vehicles would be retroactive, so, not to worry. Is this true, or did we screw up, by signing the BOS just 4 hrs before the law would go into effect on the 17th, the day the President signed the spendulous act into law?

I have a life-long habit of being the first guy in line, just after they gave away the last prize from the bag. You saw how the member's free raffle went, right? I mean, it was me who thought it up and made most of the arrangements, yet I was the only one who didn't win anything, except for 'ol "lucky" Dan, that is. :bigcry:

Ahhhh, I got left out in the cold as well, bubba.

Story of my life, I couldn't even win the draft lottery way back when, my number was 365.....:shake:

bigmerc2003
02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
My wife is a CPA, I will see what the scoop is.

rayjay
02-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Wish they retro'd it to last July, damn broken crystal ball :rolleyes:

Marauderman
02-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Believe Sales tax is deductible for new car purchases this year---on next years taxes--

Ken
02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
· Tax deduction of the sales tax paid on the purchase of new vehicle in 2009.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT> </P><P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3><FONT face=<o:p>Ken</o:p>

Mike Poore
02-19-2009, 04:56 AM
· Tax deduction of the sales tax paid on the purchase of new vehicle in 2009.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial><FONT size=3><FONT face=<o:p>Ken</o:p>
Thanks, guys. It's 6% sales tax here in PA, so it works out to be quite a bit of change.

Interesting that dealer inventories are very low, as they hunkered down, and didn't order stock for the lot, knowing there weren't going to be many customers. The Big Ford dealership in Gettysburg has gone dark, as did the GM store in Littlestown. Let's pray that the customers take advantage of the tax break and start spending some money. Interesting, though, that my Ford dealer in Taneytown is reporting brisk F-150 sales, and can't see a big difference from past years.

duhtroll
02-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Is this just on new cars? Does anyone know how they classify "new?" I ask because when looking at financing, my CU qualifies anything with <20,000 miles on it and 08-09 model year as a new car. Better rates apply to the "new" cars, so I could in theory get a late model with new car perks.