PDA

View Full Version : Ford Australia Falcon?

4rgone
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=329

hot-rauder
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
What about it? Its a 4 door mustang.

Looks good but the new SHO will beat it. If the SHO wasnt ugly though.....

4rgone
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry I wanted to write a little more before posting the pic... I messed up.
I saw this when I clicked on a link that said "Ford Australia 5.4L Boss". I read that this had 390hp and though the link made me believe it was a Mustang it said it was a Falcon. I don't know I have never ever heard of this car (not the falcon but this one) and I wonder why we never got it hear in America. Though I am assuming it is not just a concept.
I like the hood thought it might be nice on the Marauder with maybe a litle changing.
Does anyone know anything about this car?

sd8683
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
It looks EXACTLY like a BMW

hot-rauder
02-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry I wanted to write a little more before posting the pic... I messed up.
I saw this when I clicked on a link that said "Ford Australia 5.4L Boss". I read that this had 390hp and though the link made me believe it was a Mustang it said it was a Falcon. I don't know I have never ever heard of this car (not the falcon but this one) and I wonder why we never got it hear in America. Though I am assuming it is not just a concept.
I like the hood thought it might be nice on the Marauder with maybe a litle changing.
Does anyone know anything about this car?

Its a factory car... we wont get it because Ford doesnt want to hurt the Mustang or SHOs selling possibilities.

It has been around for a long time, but they just recently threw some SERIOUS power into it. I have always liked the Aussie Fords, but we never get them:(

Do a search on Youtube for it.

It is a Ford Falcon.... Aussies even get the good names...

hot-rauder
02-19-2009, 05:31 PM
It looks EXACTLY like a BMW

Looks more like Fords version of the GTSlow/G8.... oh wait it is.

JAYSILVER04
02-19-2009, 07:41 PM
They have a entire line of performance cars down under. They call it fpv-Ford performance vehicles. its the aussie version of svt. do a google search. they even have a turbo in-line6. they also have the "utes". pretty freakin cool. check it out

ImpalaSlayer
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
dude why would they not bing these cars to where they belong!! :mad:

JAYSILVER04
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
www.fpv.com.au try that site. bad a$$

ImpalaSlayer
02-19-2009, 07:54 PM
least they know what motor the people want.

4rgone
02-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Ya there is no good reason that an American car company would not sell some of it's best vehicles in the country they were founded in. Aussies also get the "Vauxhall Monaro" which I think is a pretty nice car (google it if you haven't seen it).... Doesn't make sence this country loves to go fast.:thinker: Maybe it's due to decisions like that, that have put the BIG 3 in the dog house.

rayjay
02-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Who knows why Ford doesn't care about the enthusiast market. They have been making hot shoe versions of the Focus in Europe for years, but not here. The SVT was lame compared to a Euro Focus RS :rolleyes: Remember you want big slow electrically powered SUVs.

Drewstang
02-20-2009, 06:38 AM
We don't have these cars because of Al Gore. If you do nothing else today, blame it on Al Gore.

252life
02-20-2009, 06:50 AM
We don't have these cars because of Al Gore. If you do nothing else today, blame it on Al Gore.

It's because of the poor decisions made by the executives at Ford. That's why they are in the s**t now. They could have sold many of these as captive import's in the U.S. and EU if they wanted.

offroadkarter
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Ya there is no good reason that an American car company would not sell some of it's best vehicles in the country they were founded in. Aussies also get the "Vauxhall Monaro" which I think is a pretty nice car (google it if you haven't seen it).... Doesn't make sence this country loves to go fast.:thinker: Maybe it's due to decisions like that, that have put the BIG 3 in the dog house.

The reason the FPV's arent in america is because of the ammount of redesigning they would need to undergo to pass american emissions and safety standards. They are also expensive enough in AUS, imagine how bad they would be in the US?

What amazes me more is the fact they can get proper power from a modular without resorting to superchargers. They also look much better than our N/A modulars.

Vauxhall is in europe, HOLDEN is in australia, Vauxhall's are just rebadged holdens for the european market, and we already got that car, and it lasted for a few years. Remember the GTO?

FreddieH
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
The G8 and the GTO are Aussie cars converted to left hand drive and have the Pontiac nose job. They are in the Holden HSV lineup.
www.hsv.com.au (http://www.hsv.com.au)

offroadking208
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
that looks pretty mean. i want one. darn it.

4rgone
02-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I know that the GTO is the same thing technically, but if I remember correctly the aussie model gets more hp, and the rear end is different I think, doesn't look as bulky and out of place as our GTO, didn't know about the front though. Still really would have liked to get a chance to own these cars. Do agree about the focus in Europe, they are pretty mean, I think they get better mpg as well, but don't quote me on that.