PDA

View Full Version : Recon This Would Cause......

Marauderjack
02-20-2009, 06:15 AM
a little drive line vibration????:eek::argue: :rolleyes:

Zack
02-20-2009, 06:53 AM
i remember that being posted a while back, I think he ran over a fence or something.

GordonB
02-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Dayum,
I didn't know we could go offroading in our MMs! Kewl! Does the Metco driveshaft Loop help or hinder in a case like this? Inquiring minds ...
GordonB

Joe Walsh
02-20-2009, 07:05 AM
i remember that being posted a while back, I think he ran over a fence or something.

Looks like he's got a sheep wrapped up in there too!....:eek:

Bigdogjim
02-20-2009, 07:07 AM
I like the look to guys faces looking up it? Yeah we can fix this. Right after lunch:rofl:

Marauderjack
02-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Below is the story I got......

A woman ran over a mattress and decided to keep going anyway. The mattress got caught in the car's under belly and finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank. Leaking gas She still managed to drive the car for 30 more miles decently, with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.
The subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought her vehicle to its knees.

After having her car towed to her dealer's garage, She complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it at high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

Joe Walsh
02-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Below is the story I got......

A woman ran over a mattress and decided to keep going anyway. The mattress got caught in the car's under belly and finally whipped around enough to put a tear in the gas tank. Leaking gas She still managed to drive the car for 30 more miles decently, with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft.
The subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought her vehicle to its knees.

After having her car towed to her dealer's garage, She complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it at high speeds.

This is what the dealership found..............

That makes sense based on the photos.

BTW: Was her husband still sleeping on it??....:P

Bluerauder
02-20-2009, 07:37 AM
After having her car towed to her dealer's garage, She complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving it at high speeds............
Yep, that would probably do it. :rofl: Just remember that "she" is probably still out on the roads today. What an idiot. Be careful out there !! ;)

RoyLPita
02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
My dealer had a CV that had that occur. After cutting the springs off we replaced the flange and seal.

Krytin
02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I used to get those all the time on the company pickup working the landfill gas recovery projects. There seems to be a never ending supply of mattresses and tires on top of landfills!

BAD MERC
02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I can understand a driveshaft hoop - but a whole fence? Some people are so cautious.

Local Boy
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Incredible!

ALOHA