PDA

View Full Version : An Evening at the Lube

SC Cheesehead
02-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, being up here in Sixburgh over the weekend does have its benefits.

Drove up to Sharon, PA after work and had a couple beers and an order of "the world's best wings" at the original Quaker Steak and Lube.

The Carolina Marauders often meet at the QS&L in Charlotte, and we just had one open up down in Greenville. Both of those are neat places, but IMO, they don't compare to the original. :beer:

Marauderman
02-21-2009, 04:32 AM
Well, being up here in Sixburgh over the weekend does have its benefits.

Drove up to Sharon, PA after work and had a couple beers and an order of "the world's best wings" at the original Quaker Steak and Lube.

The Carolina Marauders often meet at the QS&L in Charlotte, and we just had one open up down in Greenville. Both of those are neat places, but IMO, they don't compare to the original. :beer:

Dang Cheese.............you'll go along way to get something to eat ..........wasn't anything open closer from work.............:lol:

O's Fan Rich
02-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Oh AT The Lube...... not with the lube......

I really got to work on my reading comprehension.....

Heard of the place.... never been.

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Dang Cheese.............you'll go along way to get something to eat ..........wasn't anything open closer from work.............:lol:

Yeah, working out of our Pittsburgh office for a couple weeks, so it was only about an hour's drive. Then again, for a cold Blue Moon, hard to say how far I'd drive.....:drink:

Actually, there's another one only a couple miles from the office; been to that one a couple times, but just had to make the pilgrimage up to the original. Well worth it. Lotsa neat, old stuff; even better than the Charlotte QS&L.

Mike Poore
02-21-2009, 07:22 AM
There's one of those places at Bloomsburg, PA, near the ATA Trap shoots at Elysburg. We went there for the first time last year, and will return. It's a great place with lots of eye candy and plenty of noise and folks having a good time. I don't remember if the food/prices were great or just good; but we went away from there liking the experience. Their table staff was first class. :D

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh AT The Lube...... not with the lube......

I really got to work on my reading comprehension.....

Heard of the place.... never been.

Rich, if you get a chance, check one out, they're definitely a gearhead's kinda place.

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Sharon_PA/

http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

Bigdogjim
02-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Nice to see taking a ride and checking out the area:up: Enjoy your visit in Pa.

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Nice to see taking a ride and checking out the area:up: Enjoy your visit in Pa.

Yeah, I'm going to head downtown in a bit and check out the sights down there. Other than the cold, I'm enjoying this area!

Bigdogjim
02-21-2009, 07:39 AM
SC cheese check out the Big Mac museum where is all started..Exit #67 off Pa. Pike

http://www.bigmacmuseum.com/#

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2009, 07:42 AM
SC cheese check out the Big Mac museum where is all started..Exit #67 off Pa. Pike

http://www.bigmacmuseum.com/#

Oooooooh, sounds like my kinda place! :food:

Bigdogjim
02-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Big Mac was inveneted in Uniontown, Pa:)

Mike Poore
02-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah, I'm going to head downtown in a bit and check out the sights down there. Other than the cold, I'm enjoying this area!

Um, you DO carry, right? Pa is a must issue state and respects licences from other states. :)

hot-rauder
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Ill buy you a case of COLD BLUE MOON :drool: if you wanna drive up to MA lol

SC Cheesehead
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Um, you DO carry, right? Pa is a must issue state and respects licences from other states. :)

Had a great time today. Went to the Carnage Science Center, and then headed down to The Strip district for dinner. Lots of great places, but I've got to agree, there are some side streets I'd be a little leary of traveling down; especially after dark. :rolleyes:

Ill buy you a case of COLD BLUE MOON :drool: if you wanna drive up to MA lol

You're killin' me, a case!!!:bigcry:

Tell you what, if I get my assignment extended to come back up here next month, I may take you up on that road trip! :D

Actually, found a great place called Bocktown Beer and Grill just a couple miles from where I'm staying that has a b!tchin' Double White ale. :drool: Have had severial of those over the past few evenings. :beer: