PDA

View Full Version : Wrecked my first car

gmtech
02-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Last night on my way home, hit it a little too hard w/ the worn rubbers & spun into a curb:(. Never wrecked a car before & man do i feel like an a$$. One bent wheel, blown tire & front bumper cover mutillated. Tore it apart last night (2AM). No structural damage luckily, shes on stands for now. Ill get the wheel sent out for repair monday, found a tire on ebay for cheap & in the process of finding a bumper. Fogs, grille, corners & headlights all ok. Man do i feel stupid:o. Ill treat her to a full detail after all the repairs.

CBT
02-21-2009, 08:00 AM
What the heck, everyone is banging into things! Me included with that dang cinderblock. Glad you are okay.

justbob
02-21-2009, 08:05 AM
That sucks man, don't be to hard on yourself, it happens to the best of us. We get to know these cars TO WELL after so many years and think that we are invincible.

ImpalaSlayer
02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
ahh tis but a scratch. drive it like you stole it :burnout:

Zack
02-21-2009, 09:05 AM
He didnt say it as the Marauder.
Hope you get the truck fixed very soon. :up:

Zack
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Oops, I see it was the Marauder.

GordonB
02-21-2009, 11:07 AM
gmtech,
Glad you are OK, but sorry about your Oops!
GordonB

Blackmobile
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Take it as a learning experience and repair the beast. It appears they are built to take this kind of abuse just to protect it's passengers. Another Panther protecting it's owner.

Ed

Local Boy
02-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Best of Luck, Brutha...

ALOHA

J D
02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Oops, I see it was the Marauder.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read it the first time around

UncleLar
02-21-2009, 11:52 AM
People who ride motorcycles believe the old adage that there's only 2 kinds of riders,those who've laid a bike down and those who haven't yet.
Same thing with performance cars,look at race car drivers and see how many times they've wrecked.
The main thing is the only damage was to your ego and some tin ,plastic and rubber,no one was injured and that's the most important thing!

gmtech
02-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, it goes a long ways. She will be better soon. Been working all day on the issues.

TAKEDOWN
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
It's better bruised than totaled! I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you!

ckadiddle
02-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I lmost did that the other morning, remembered to lift my foot off the fas though, and the fact that it was a wide intersection helped me out.

rayjay
02-22-2009, 01:22 PM
People who ride motorcycles believe the old adage that there's only 2 kinds of riders,those who've laid a bike down and those who haven't yet.
Same thing with performance cars,look at race car drivers and see how many times they've wrecked.
The main thing is the only damage was to your ego and some tin ,plastic and rubber,no one was injured and that's the most important thing!

+1, you nailed it. Just wait till some idiot drives into the side of you on a bright sunny day and says where did you come from??? :shake: NO, WTF were YOU thinking.