PDA

View Full Version : I got rearended and pushed into a semi

cvpiftw
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I was heading down the freeway, i feel the car getting scary, doing 45, i slow down, i realize theres black ice, i slow down, I see a brown vic behind me and i know shes gonna hit me, i try to turn into the other lane, but i just slid, sure enough, i feel her hit me and push me into the semi infront of me. It was a 15mph hit into the semi, I eventually stop, i see its a ever so slightly older woman (55) in the car, i got out, walked over, made sure she was OK. She was a something or other for a local small town around the area. She was afraid she messed up my car and she had her supervisor come out. After her supervisor was making sure we were "OK" and the semi driver drove off by this point (I dont think he even wanted to deal with it, so he just left around 15 secs after), we talked, he asked if i wanted to file a report, i told him its up to him, but i have barely any damage ( a few scratches) and her car just had the same, i said its fine if its fine with him. He thanked me for being patient and truthful, gave me his card and told me to call him if i need anything or need a report because he had to deal with 2 other accidents.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg122/cvpiftw/DSC00276-1.jpg

Blk Mamba
02-21-2009, 09:52 PM
This is not a smart a$$ remark, but it looks as if it would buff right out.

O's Fan Rich
02-22-2009, 06:51 AM
The absorber and low impact pad can be compromised now, not giving you full protection next time, when you may really need it.
Get it checked out!

justbob
02-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Did you soil your pants Ryan?

TAKEDOWN
02-22-2009, 09:35 AM
At least you were behind the semi truck!

Motorhead350
02-22-2009, 11:32 AM
That'll be around $445 to fix if ANY paint is knocked off. File it and get it fixed.
Glad you are ok.

cvpiftw
02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Did you soil your pants Ryan?

I damned near did.

Dom, my aero is just like your rauder, a beater (J/King), so its nothing to cry over. Had it been my 04 id be pissing a ****in fit.

The pad is fine and so is the absorber. My dad was concerned about that, and last thing i need is another thing to make my insurance rates go through the roof.

justbob
02-23-2009, 03:19 PM
If i were you i'd change my pad.LOL.

PantherP71
02-23-2009, 03:31 PM
I would try and buff it.