PDA

View Full Version : weird email

hot-rauder
02-23-2009, 09:51 PM
I got an email today from a guy saying he owned an 04 MM. He saw a video of 2 MMs on youtube and named the license plate numbers and then asked if one of them was mine.....

Why would one want to know this? Details about the car or something else? Don't tell me its another stupid Youtube copyright thing.

Any advice?

thanks.

Adam

Dr Caleb
02-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Any advice?

thanks.

Adam

Say nothing. He might be 'shopping' for an overseas customer. If you know what I mean.

xopher
02-24-2009, 12:08 AM
How did he get your email? Was it through Youtube's messaging service? Do you have Youtube vids posted?

I'd be prone not to reply at all. And I'd check to see if anyone at your state DMV has made requests about plates, if possible.

sd8683
02-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Adam could you please pm me the plate # he emailed you? I wanna make sure it isn't mine!

Egon Spengler
02-24-2009, 07:22 AM
Adam, was it the video with my car in it too? The one at the meet last summer with our lights going? Did he name my license plate? If so, tell him to let me know when he wants to come steal it, I will leave the keys in it!! haha... that is... when it is fixed and back in my driveway!

ckadiddle
02-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I'd ignore it.

hot-rauder
02-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Adam, was it the video with my car in it too? The one at the meet last summer with our lights going? Did he name my license plate? If so, tell him to let me know when he wants to come steal it, I will leave the keys in it!! haha... that is... when it is fixed and back in my driveway!

Yes Tom, it was that video...

No I do not have any videos hosted in Youtube, or anywhere for that matter. However the video says "Hot-Rauder and Tom." I asked him how he got the email and he said he was a member here and just asked if one was mine out of curiosity. He found my email through this site, which I will now change lol.

Just kinda caught me off gaurd.

justbob
02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Thats weird, i wonder who it was?

CBT
02-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Thats weird, i wonder who it was?

Give me your plate number and I'll tell you. Also, throw in your VIN. And I'll need your address. And do you have any beer in the fridge. :D

Egon Spengler
02-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Jeez... I thought it was that video... good thing my car can't move right now! hahaha

justbob
02-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Give me your plate number and I'll tell you. Also, throw in your VIN. And I'll need your address. And do you have any beer in the fridge. :D
no,no,no,no, and
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/marauding4life/bear.jpg

bob6364
02-25-2009, 06:56 PM
You underestimate the power of Google....just google your screen name and dig alittle and you will get all sorts of info....