PDA

View Full Version : VA driver's licenses going black-and-white to thwart counterfeiters

ctrlraven
03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/26/va-drivers-licenses-going-black-and-white-to-thwart-counterfeit/

I think this is a pretty good idea.

High-C
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Damn... Now I have to re-do all of my alias'... :run:

DOOM
03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Damn... Now I have to re-do all of my alias'... :run:

Fastest chicken in the south :burnout:

Bluerauder
03-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I think this is a pretty good idea.
And these new driver's licenses will still be available at all of the standard DMV gumball machines that dispense licenses for 5 cents.

If you have ever had the privilege of driving in Virginia, then you know that there is absolutely no way that half of these people actually took a driving exam and less than that actually passed it. :rolleyes: No, the Vrginia DMV offers the gumball machine license process to cut costs and prevent the long lines from developing in their local offices.

BTW -- I don't believe that there is such a thing as a counterfeit proof license. Maybe more difficult to do; but someone will, if there is a buck to be made in it. :P

rayjay
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
And these new driver's licenses will still be available at all of the standard DMV gumball machines that dispense licenses for 5 cents.

If you have ever had the privilege of driving in Virginia, then you know that there is absolutely no way that half of these people actually took a driving exam and less than that actually passed it. :rolleyes: No, the Vrginia DMV offers the gumball machine license process to cut costs and prevent the long lines from developing in their local offices.

BTW -- I don't believe that there is such a thing as a counterfeit proof license. Maybe more difficult to do; but someone will, if there is a buck to be made in it. :P

+1 on all counts.