PDA

View Full Version : UTI Bound??

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Sooo ive been speaking with a guy named Clint Gallagher at UTI in Mooresville North Carolina and im trying to get enough Financial Aid to go. School is $33,200 for 63 weeks of school :awe:. After that i will be taking a 15 week program after to become trained for Lincoln,Ford,Mercury. Pray that i get a full tuition fellas :help: this is my passion

Blk Mamba
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Your local job, and family services (unemployment office) can help you. Your claim for retraining is that you are a disadvantaged worker, and would like to be an automobile tech. The program is called the WIA, (workers in action), maybe. Give it a try I went to culinary school. Even better if you are a veteran.

Zack
03-04-2009, 12:00 PM
We dont want to know about your Urinary Track Infections.
Im gonna report this.

SC Cheesehead
03-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Im gonna report this.

UTI!! :eek:

Emily Litella: Oh. I'm sorry. Never mind.

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 12:35 PM
University Technical Institute Lol

rayjay
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
University Technical Institute Lol

Mike, if you want to train as a Ford Tech, look into the Ford Asset Program. Factory training program run at a college. You become a Ford Tech and receive a college degree to boot. Plus a guaranteed job on graduation. If interested PM me and I can hook you up.

imorb1994
03-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I personally went to wyotech(laramie, Wy). While there I met about 15 people that were digusted with the way the programs that they(UTI) offered and the way the courses were layed out. I don't know how much different the courses are between campuses but they had went to, 2 in CA, 6 in AZ, 3 in TX, and 4 in IL.

33k is cheap compared to when I went(if you consider inflation) in 03-04 my cost was 33,500. And it was a 60 week program.

SVT_MERC
03-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I considered UTI, but ended up deciding on WyoTech.
I am currently in my 9th week here(blairsville, pa), and love it!!!

Enjoy yourself there, and good luck!!!

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I considered UTI, but ended up deciding on WyoTech.
I am currently in my 9th week here(blairsville, pa), and love it!!!

Enjoy yourself there, and good luck!!!

Why wyotechy over UTI? Every dealership i have called about 10-11 i believe they say they perfer UTI grads :confused:

SVT_MERC
03-04-2009, 01:31 PM
After watching all the DVD's sent to me, I thought that WyoTech seemed to suit me better for what I was looking for, and after being here.

also after being here I have had the same experience as imorb1994 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=8409). I've met 5-6 others here that spent time at UTI and left it to come here. But on the flip side I am sure that there are some UTI students that left WyoTech to go to UTI.

I am going here for Mechanics, High Perf. Powertrains, and Chassis/Fab.

STLR_FAN is also going here for Management and Collision/Refinishing.

TiTo35
03-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Mikey you going all the way to NC for a UTI? :nono:

But forreal there is one in your area, I am not sure if it is called UTI but my co worker was trying to get into there. Good Luck!

gmtech
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I graduated from UTI in PHX, AZ in 2004. Tuition then was 24500.Good school, I thought. Of course Iwas 23 years old & the school was filled with high school grads,so there were some distractions. I left there with a 4.0 GPA, 13 Directors Honors List awards & 3 Student of the Phase awards. Also met my wife in PHX;).

RR|Suki
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Sooo ive been speaking with a guy named Clint Gallagher at UTI in Mooresville North Carolina and im trying to get enough Financial Aid to go. School is $33,200 for 63 weeks of school :awe:. After that i will be taking a 15 week program after to become trained for Lincoln,Ford,Mercury. Pray that i get a full tuition fellas :help: this is my passion

If it makes you feel better I pay more than that for 30 weeks of school ;)

Ms. Denmark
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Good for you Mike! We wish you every success with this. Please keep us posted.:beer:

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I graduated from UTI in PHX, AZ in 2004. Tuition then was 24500.Good school, I thought. Of course Iwas 23 years old & the school was filled with high school grads,so there were some distractions. I left there with a 4.0 GPA, 13 Directors Honors List awards & 3 Student of the Phase awards. Also met my wife in PHX;).

How was it hands on wise and was it informational? Any regrets?

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh and BTW UTI is only $26,500 i will pay $33,200 because i will be taking the FACT program which gives me 3/4 of the Ford technician required training!

DOOM
03-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Im gonna report this.

:lol: :laugh:

carfixer
03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Mike, if you want to train as a Ford Tech, look into the Ford Asset Program. Factory training program run at a college. You become a Ford Tech and receive a college degree to boot. Plus a guaranteed job on graduation. If interested PM me and I can hook you up.

I have to agree. Graduated from ASSET in 1989. You get all the current Fortd training and its nice to have that college degree when you want to go to the next step.

gmtech
03-04-2009, 06:12 PM
How was it hands on wise and was it informational? Any regrets?

No regrets, very informational. You really get a sense of how everything works, instead of why everything works. I'd say there was a 70/30 split, with 70 being the theory/written part & 30 being the hands-on work. Power & Performance phases are the best along with fuel/ignition system phases comingt in second. Learned alot there. Ive been doing this since 2003 & Im Master ASE, Over 200 GM certs., Hyundai Gold certified, EPA certified & topped out in pay for my area. Im a bumper to bumper tech at the dealer i work at with my specialty areas being transmission, engine , transfer case & rear differentials(heavy line). Flat rate can be a b*tch and be prepared for the warranty pay:eek::shake: if your at a dealer.

DTRMiguel
03-04-2009, 07:40 PM
No regrets, very informational. You really get a sense of how everything works, instead of why everything works. I'd say there was a 70/30 split, with 70 being the theory/written part & 30 being the hands-on work. Power & Performance phases are the best along with fuel/ignition system phases comingt in second. Learned alot there. Ive been doing this since 2003 & Im Master ASE, Over 200 GM certs., Hyundai Gold certified, EPA certified & topped out in pay for my area. Im a bumper to bumper tech at the dealer i work at with my specialty areas being transmission, engine , transfer case & rear differentials(heavy line). Flat rate can be a b*tch and be prepared for the warranty pay:eek::shake: if your at a dealer.

Sweet thanks for the info. Ill make my decision and keep everyone posted :cool:

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
how does one jeep some one? :dunno: :D

Vortex
03-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Hell, join the army and they will pay you 25k or so to train you to be a mechanic.

DTRMiguel
03-26-2009, 06:55 AM
Well i enrolled and my planned start date is July 13th. Im just waiting for my financial aid to see what i am offered. Im going anyway but i dont wonna start until i can atleast see what i am offered. :up:

rayjay
03-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Congrats on building a new career. :beer:

Embassy
03-26-2009, 07:38 AM
Congrats. MM.net member #4# graduated from UTI.

CKMustangCobra
03-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I went to UTI and I have a severe problem with the way they conduct business. They are not their to educate... they are there to rape you out of a lot of money for very little foundation of education.

I went through the Marine program in Orlando.

If you really want to get an education in this field.... try an apprentice program (hard to do since the economy is so bad) or go to Wyotech.

frdwrnch
03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I think you will benefit from the FACT program there in Mooresville. The curriculum is the same core courses that Ford technicians take in house. I was on the advisory committee there at NASCAR tech for two years and they are committed to placing you once you graduate. Three of my former techs are instructors there so they have been in the trenches and can give you valuable advise. The head of the FACT program is one of them and he is also a former Marauder owner and contributor to this site (j archie?). Say hello to him.

SVT_MERC
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Congrats on your going to UTI. I am taking my final tomorrow for EMS2 here @ Wyotech. So far I have got a 95.3% in the class before the final, and start on drive train next week. If UTI is anything close to Wyotech, you will learn a lot and have a great time there.

Good Luck

whd507
03-26-2009, 08:41 PM
I went to Wyo Tech, when it was only in Laramie, and picked it over UTI way back then (1986) due to dealer preference in my area. I have a current employee that went to UTI in AZ this past year, he is trained well, and a great parts guy, but the UTI job placement didnt seem to work out into realistic jobs. (which is why he's back selling parts with me)

SVT_MERC
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I am hoping I won't really have to use Wyotechs job placement, as around home I have Roush, Saleen, Dart Performance, a few good Performance shops, and some good connections with a few of them. But I do have a ton of dealership opportunities if I can't get with the big boy companies.