PDA

View Full Version : PostCount+1 was banned

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Just curious, why was I banned? The reasoning says "Now you're wasting my time, Aaron. Cut the crap"

In the case it was because I can't have two usernames, could I have my name changed to the name that was banned?

It's OK for threads to be filled with it, but not ok to use as a username? How is posting under the name "PostCount+1" any different than current members filling threads for the "free post"?

:confused:

Also a few suggestions for new usernames: Aaron Jay, Aren't Jay, FreePost, IBTL, Diabolicall 1CC

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 07:48 PM
im confused

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Davey, I created a second username, so when the need arose, I could score my "free post"
The username was banned before I had a chance to use it! I'm so upset here.

Spectragod
03-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Huh??????????

Postcount +1 :D

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 07:51 PM
^ my point is proven, 4 posts in, half of which are mine.

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 07:53 PM
thats wack what was it called?

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 07:55 PM
thats wack what was it called?

The banned username is "PostCount+1"

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
so they looked up the ip and saw it was yours?

offroadkarter
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Mary doesnt like 2nd usernames or games, which is why lenny got banned for doing both.

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
so they looked up the ip and saw it was yours?

More than likely. I wasn't even sneaky about it, just curious if/when i used the name, how many "free posts" I could score...apparently thats a trend on the site as of late.

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
next time reset the ip :P

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Mary doesnt like 2nd usernames or games, which is why lenny got banned for doing both.

I believe he was "Stirring the pot"....I didn't even get a free post! My point is why was the name banned, for any other reason than having more than one username? If i was to use this username and continually make posts of "Free post!" or "Post count +1 :D", it wouldn't get a second look.

and Dave, I said I wasn't sneaky....I wasn't trying to "hide" that it's me. I knew well enough that a mod would track down the culprit.

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
I believe he was "Stirring the pot"....I didn't even get a free post! My point is why was the name banned, for any other reason than having more than one username? If i was to use this username and continually make posts of "Free post!" or "Post count +1 :D", it wouldn't get a second look.

and Dave, I said I wasn't sneaky....I wasn't trying to "hide" that it's me. I knew well enough that a mod would track down the culprit.

ehh true. that is pretty retarted

duhtroll
03-04-2009, 08:14 PM
They banned Chuck Norris way back when, too.

Chuck. Norris.

Of course Chuck can't *actually* be banned. The worst anyone can do to him is die from even thinking they could do anything to him.

Seems the fun police wear their undies a bit too tight.

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 08:15 PM
They banned Chuck Norris way back when, too.

Chuck. Norris.

Of course Chuck can't *actually* be banned. The worst anyone can do to him is die from even thinking they could do anything to him.

Seems the fun police wear their undies a bit too tight.

you forgot ftw!

knine
03-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Just curious, why was I banned?
Did you try to create another account on 021809 that made it look like it was aren jay? Maybe that's why.

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Knine, i would post the ban screen, but i'm on not a computer, so I can't print screen.

I was reffered to by name, whoever did the banning looked up my IP address and saw both names.

As I said, I didn't try being sneaky, I knew/know full well they can see my IP addy.

MM03MOK
03-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Aaron, I changed your screen name at your request so you know the procedure. One screen name per person. If you want your screen name changed again, all you have to do is ask. Didn't you tell me you asked me change to it Rocknthehawk because that's the screen name you use on other websites? There is no reason for anyone to have two screen names, other than to create more work for me. PostCount+1 was deleted 2 weeks ago. Why the thread now? I banned PostCount+1 the instead of deleting it so I would have a record of the new account.

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Aaron, I changed your screen name at your request so you know the procedure. One screen name per person. If you want your screen name changed again, all you have to do is ask. Didn't you tell me you asked me change to it Rocknthehawk because that's the screen name you use on other websites? There is no reason for anyone to have two screen names, other than to create more work for me. PostCount+1 was deleted 2 weeks ago. Why the thread now? I banned PostCount+1 the instead of deleting it so I would have a record of the new account.

Mary, I hadn't attempted to log in or use the name until today. It was a curious part of me to "jump on the bandwagon" and see how many "free posts" could be obtained by someone, without ever being a "part" of this site, after seeing another filler thread that warranted a free post. I didn't try to be sneaky and use a different IP. I made this thread for a clarification on why the name was banned, and I see it was because having two accounts is more work for you. Maybe I hoped to bring to light the fact that too many threads are filled with these "filler" posts. I'm sure if my buddy AJ ever did anything of the sort, he would have been chased away sooner....but of course, If my join date is earlier, or my post count higher, this is OK?

I did have my name changed, because I use this name everywhere.

I'll have to mull the idea of changing my username again.

MM03MOK
03-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Don't you think I know the filler posts continue to grow? I guess people have a lot of time on their hands. I don't need you to prove anything on behalf of Aren. Not necessary. I'd rather talk about cars and look forward to the KY meet in less than 4 weeks.

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I wasn't proving any point on behalf of Aren, He's a big boy and can post for himself.
My point was that there's a double standard here, and I was curious to explore just how deep that ran. I could have played the IP game and done it out of sight, but I chose not to.

Your first and last sentence are contradictory...If you're noticing they're growing, but would rather talk about cars and meets, why does it continue to grow? But this is a thread about why the name was banned, not why you do what you do. Just looking for answers, not playing devils advocate.

Feel free to lock this thread, I recieved the explination for why "PostCount+1" was banned.
Thank you

Black_Noise
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
who the F*** cares about their post count number?

I got a better idea, give members with senority (by time being on the site) some special little trophys next to thier name or something, that will be something the post whores cant just get by mindless bs posts

ImpalaSlayer
03-04-2009, 09:01 PM
who the ****** cares about their post count number?

I got a better idea, give members with senority (by time being on the site) some special little trophys next to thier name or something, give the post count whores something they cant have.

the whole +1 thing is a joke i dont know how anyone playing it can make it any clearer. yout hink they really give a damn?

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
who the ****** cares about their post count number?

I got a better idea, give members with senority (by time being on the site) some special little trophys next to thier name or something, give the post count whores something they cant have.

I've pondered your question many times. My post count could be reset to 0, and I probably wouldn't notice. I didn't even see I had amassed 1,000 posts until this thread.

Which is exactly why I had created a name...why are these posts continuing to grow, and what is the point in them, besides further adding to the "shoutbox" trend in many threads.

Dave, I understand it's a joke, but I fail to see the point in them. I think it's been a bit played out...a few other sites I'm on, it's a perma-ban for such a post, and a temp ban for "IBTL"

Black_Noise
03-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I think alot of people do.

and i know the people with the post count +1 are making fun of those who do care about it....

Like I think AJ did

Black_Noise
03-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Best idea yet, take away the post counts...

then see who bitches about it, even though its totally irrelevant

MM03MOK
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Your first and last sentence are contradictory...If you're noticing they're growing, but would rather talk about cars and meets, why does it continue to grow? So you'd rather I take the little spare time I have to enjoy this website and hound people to stop posting fillers? :rolleyes: I have better things to do. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

oldekid
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Best idea yet, take away the post counts...

then see who bitches about it, even though its totally irrelevantI'm quite certain that some egos would explode. :eek:

Rocknthehawk
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
So you'd rather I take the little spare time I have to enjoy this website and hound people to stop posting fillers? :rolleyes: I have better things to do. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I see your point, Mary....I just don't agree with the double standard that is so apparent.
Although it has been suggested, I don't see harm in an impartial mod that takes care of the crap would help...I know many of the active members here spend plenty of time on the site, and read most of the threads.

but i digress...R.I.P. PostCount+1

Black_Noise
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
R.I.P. PostCount+1

thats new signature material right there