PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver Ramblings

Vortex
03-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Well, Ive had the 05 Montego now for a few years and even though its low mileage (22k miles) Im starting to get antsy and thinking of pulling a trade. Not a thing wrong with my Montego its just that Im getting bored with looking at it. I had thought about Challengers, G8 GXPs, even Mustang GTs but as a man of size, only the Challenger would be comfortable. My truck is comfortable and my MM is comfortable but my MM is my hotrod and I dont want to make it my daily driver. Here's my latest thought: you can get a brand new 09 Grand Marquis LS for 20k+TTL. Pick your color as there are no options to speak of, they quit making the GS model too. Unfortunately they only make 2 leather interior colors, tan or light grey, no black leather available. Lets see, a brand new, never been farted in 09 black Grand Marquis with a tan interior for my Montego and say 9k+TTL? Hmmmmm Im only 52, am I surrendering to old man cars? On the other hand, a shiny black GM next to my shiny silver MM would be pretty cool too.

Zack
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Grand Marquis' are awesome cars, and should not be associated with old people.
Go for it!

UncleLar
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
You don't have to settle for a Black one,they have DTR available too.

69marquis conv
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Go for it x3! They are well built and reliable, plus parts are plentiful if you ever need them. It's hard to beat good old RWD American iron.
Wow- I didn't know the dark interior isn't available anymore. I guess that will further push black car services away to the Town Car.

BAD MERC
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Go for it!

Yeah - and for a few bucks you can make them into Marauders.:flamer:

Bigdogjim
03-11-2009, 03:37 PM
It will be a good DD and you will like it:)

larryo340
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Go for it!

Except in Florida ;)

Vortex
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Went to the dealership today and spoke a little turkey on the black 09 GM. The salesman was either insane or figured either I was as well or it was the first car I ever bought. I told him I didnt care about invoices, prices, trade-in values or whatever, I care about how much cash I needed to give him to drive away in the car. Needless to say we were several thousands of dollars off. I gave him a chance to regroup but he only budged a bit. He must have thought I had no idea what the wholesale value was with my Montego too (available at Carmax). Anyway, I walked. Nothing the matter with the Montego other than its rather boring looks, I shall be keeping it for a while it appears. It is paid for.

BLACKMARAUDER04
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
The new Taurus SHO looks inviting. I'm up over 90,000 miles on the Marauder, I have 3 payments left. When they start discounting them, I may be looking for a new DD.

Peter
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
If you really want that black interior, get a LincolnTown Car. You can get a new one for less then $30,000.

The Challenger is overpriced and its plagued with poor build quality.

gate500gr
03-12-2009, 01:08 PM
On the other hand, a shiny black GM next to my shiny silver MM would be pretty cool too.

Why not get a shiny black Marauder? :D

hot-rauder
03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
If possible go for the Lincoln Town Car.

Oh and Fusions/Milan/Mkz were designed with larger people in mind. They have lots of room, and are very deseaving.

V6 has same power to weight as the MM...... Just sayin.....

Vortex
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
I actually like the looks of the GM over the Town Car, that black one looked very sharp. That said, Im keeping the Montego for a while longer I guess. May go down to Carmax and just see what they would give me for the Montego just for the hell of it.

GordonB
03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Let's see, for a few $$$ you could re-do the suspension, exhaust, wheels (?) on a '09 GM and have a pretty decent DD. Good Luck.

GordonB