PDA

View Full Version : Brings a tear to your eye....

magindat
03-12-2009, 04:37 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0516_edited1.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/IMG_0517_edited.jpg

That's my 15 year old daughter.

That's a Marauder.

She's my #1 helper for stereo installs!

And before you flame, I'm the one who dyed her hair purple!!!!

Thanx for the pics, Dennis!

CBT
03-12-2009, 04:40 AM
That's awesome! My oldest is 15, she helps tinker with my cars. Good times.

MM03MOK
03-12-2009, 04:42 AM
:bows: What a daughter! :bows:
:bows: What a dad! :bows:

CBT
03-12-2009, 04:46 AM
That reminds me, she said she wants to attend the Kentucky gathering:)
Have to alter my room accoms today.

Motorhead350
03-12-2009, 04:55 AM
That's really cool. Can you and her help me wire my 65 Chevy? :D

BTW when I have kids some day I want a daughter first and one thing for sure, I am going to name her Christine. :cool:

Again, cool stuff and it's great to have interaction like that.

Bigdogjim
03-12-2009, 05:21 AM
She looks so happy!! And that Sir is a GOOD thing :up:

Congrats!

DTRMiguel
03-12-2009, 05:24 AM
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcr y: Aww this is beautiful :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Egon Spengler
03-12-2009, 05:36 AM
That's great... usually around that age kids are know it alls and are too good to listen to their parents... it is good to see father and daughter getting along so well!

She will probably be more mechanically inclined than the boys she will date! haha

That is great to see! Keep it up!:beer:

magindat
03-12-2009, 06:26 AM
She will probably be more mechanically inclined than the boys she will date! haha

She installed her boyfriend's stereo that I bought him for Christmas. Her nick-name for him is 'Nancy Boy'!

:laugh:

DTRMiguel
03-12-2009, 06:31 AM
She installed her boyfriend's stereo that I bought him for Christmas. Her nick-name for him is 'Nancy Boy'!

Lol he probably likes that she is mechanically inclined as he may not be

Hotrauder
03-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Both Rich and Jamie are special people as you all know. I am fortunate that I get to spend quality time with them often. They treat me as one of the family and I think of them as part of mine. I am especially proud of Jamie, she is very special. A great credit to Rich, he is a special dad. :2thumbs: Dennis

rayjay
03-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Nice to see a kid at that age with her head screwed on straight. Good job man. And, leave hair styling to the pros :D My youngest daughter has done the purple hair thing too. Yuk :puke:

BAD MERC
03-12-2009, 07:52 AM
The best way to keep 'em out of trouble is to get involved with things they like - looks like she turned the tables. That is awesome!

Egon Spengler
03-12-2009, 07:55 AM
hahaha that is great man! Good to see! I wish the girls I date were mechanically inclined! I always get concerned about what they drive and the upkeep of their vehicles and wind up working on their cars for them! I need a girl that knows her way around a car! haha

Todd
03-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Both Rich and Jamie are special people as you all know. I am fortunate that I get to spend quality time with them often. They treat me as one of the family and I think of them as part of mine. I am especially proud of Jamie, she is very special. A great credit to Rich, he is a special dad. :2thumbs: Dennis

The one time I met her, I was very impressed. Very cool kid. I expected typical moody teenager. But found her to be very hospitable and respectful.

Not that you need it Rich, but great job!

Paul T. Casey
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Rich, you should be proud of not only her, but yourself as well (except for that purple hair :rolleyes:). Good kids don't generally just happen by themselves.

TAKEDOWN
03-12-2009, 08:35 AM
:2thumbs: Not that's a combination!

ctrlraven
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Whenever I have kids they will be slinging wrenches before they can even walk lol.

Local Boy
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Very Cool, my friend...

Very cool...

ALOHA

MarauderTJA
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Jamie is a great kid, raise by a great Dad:D....your doing it right :bows:buddy. Looking forward to seeing you and Jamie on the 29th.

mossiehorn
03-12-2009, 11:39 AM
very cool.... hair and all!!!!!!!

2,4shofast
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Awesome Rich! She is learning a skill that not many can do well :)

magindat
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Whenever I have kids they will be slinging wrenches before they can even walk lol.

Mines was reachin' into the dash before she could walk....

3rd word in her vocabulary was 'crossover'... from back in the day when they weren't built into amps!

magindat
03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys. Talkin about kids is fun! Beats the crap out of the drama here lately!

Egon Spengler
03-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks guys. Talkin about kids is fun! Beats the crap out of the drama here lately!
To me it seems as though the drama is starting to lighten up a little with the nice weather and turning ahead of the clocks! Cabin fever is starting to subside!

TiTo35
03-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Kids are the greatest! My daughter will be 3 in June and it amazes me how we can have a convo like adults...:lol: Next these kids will want to drive the Marauder...:eek:

offroadkarter
03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
She installed her boyfriend's stereo that I bought him for Christmas.

Boyfriend = 0wn3d! :D

So rich, im assuming when she gets her license, she gets the marauder as a DD, right?

magindat
03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Boyfriend = 0wn3d! :D

So rich, im assuming when she gets her license, she gets the marauder as a DD, right?

She'll probly be drivin mine...

hot-rauder
03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
She'll probly be drivin mine...

Ah, very nice!

My GF just bought the V1 T trim for her Mach1. Of course she will need help but you gotta love a mechanically inclined female.

She also has the AVIC F700bt and custom fit box to be installed for her subs.... she loves stereos too. I lucked out. Your daughter's boyfriend will probably feel the same way. lol

tjg442
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Way to go !!! Have three girls, :bigcry: no boy can hold up too any one of them !! :bows: All learned on a four speed cutass, before they got there permit :banana:

sanco
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
wwwooooowwwww nice man, HOLY CRAP SHE USES WIRE LOOM!!! lol i've been doing stereos forever and i cant get my lazy ass to do that lol.

nice man!

n00bkiller944
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Why doesn't my girlfriend's dad buy me cool stuff like that... I'm jealous :lol::lol:

offroadkarter
03-12-2009, 05:44 PM
wwwooooowwwww nice man, HOLY CRAP SHE USES WIRE LOOM!!! lol i've been doing stereos forever and i cant get my lazy ass to do that lol.

nice man!

puts you to shame

Screw you sanjin, your not building my sub box anymore :P

magindat
03-13-2009, 08:33 AM

nice man!

If your age is accurate, I've been doing stereo longer than you've been alive!

God. I feel old.

Pops
03-13-2009, 08:40 AM

God. I feel old.

Then look at my age and you will feel better Rich! Good job with the family!:)

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Rich,

Neat photos, and if I haven't said it before, you and Jamie are really great people.

GOOD JOB, DAD!! :up:

(hey, if I send E-Dubb down your way, you think you can get him straightened out?? :lol:)

magindat
03-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Rich,

Neat photos, and if I haven't said it before, you and Jamie are really great people.

GOOD JOB, DAD!! :up:

(hey, if I send E-Dubb down your way, you think you can get him straightened out?? :lol:)

Rex man, you're doin alright if the boy knows shavin his head for charity is a good thing!

:beer:

oldekid
03-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Looks like you have a good kid there. I say. . . Keep her!

As far as feeling old, my wife subtracts 60, and treats me accordingly.

SC Cheesehead
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Rex man, you're doin alright if the boy knows shavin his head for charity is a good thing!

Thanks Rich,

I guess the rascal does have a few redeeming qualities! ;)

And while he's only so-so as a mechanic, the boy's one heck of a fine cook!

sanco
03-13-2009, 10:26 AM

God. I feel old.

lol yes my age is accurate. i'm growing up in the age of amplifiers putting out 1000watts RMS and being able to fit inside a shoe box lol :D, sux ill never have to deal with QUALITY audio products like the old stuff dough.

sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

magindat
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
lol yes my age is accurate. i'm growing up in the age of amplifiers putting out 1000watts RMS and being able to fit inside a shoe box lol :D, sux ill never have to deal with QUALITY audio products like the old stuff dough.

sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

that's why I keep a 23 year-old Linear Power 500.2 in my car... :beer:

Marauderman
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
If y'all think she is cool now--Ms M and I along with Jamie and her Dad had dinner out awhile back--few years, and she was very nice younger girl who is no doubt developing into a nice young older girl with Rich's guidance. It was nice then and still even now to not only have seen but still see and hear how they both are growing up together--it shows if your ever with them and its really neat/cool. You can't help but love that in these days and times--It
speaks volumes on so many subjects they both get to cover while associated with life every day--. We are proud of how you have been handling matters there Rich..... Tom