PDA

View Full Version : Please....I need help

Jori Rintamaki
03-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Have someone information of this car.
The Eagle Coach Corp. made it in 1973, in Dallas.

How many they made and what colours?
All information is Ok.

http://xs537.xs.to/xs537/09110/phaeton_cont_coach928.jpg (http://xs.to)

Bigdogjim
03-15-2009, 05:59 AM
Colony Park station wagon by Mercury:)

Looks like a dealer or some aftermarket company worked on it?

Mark III did van and pidk-ups for Ford also sometimes hard to find info because these companys are no longer around. Maybe other members have seen this before?

Now did you buy this new? If not where did you find it? Sorry I see your from Finland:)

Keep up posted.

O's Fan Rich
03-15-2009, 06:34 AM
The back top almost looks like a Hearse conversion.
That's a specialty shop alright.
Just adding weight to a Land Yacht!
sales brochure available: http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/sales-lit/bysub/amb-hrs-limo/eagle/index.shtml

UncleLar
03-15-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm checking now,there IS an Eagle Coach Co.,located in Ohio,that makes hearses and ambulances,I wonder if that's them.I'm going to dig into it further.
http://www.eaglecoachcompany.com/main/index.php

UncleLar
03-15-2009, 07:15 AM
I emailed Eagle Coach Company asking if they knew anything about it.
Evidently these suckers had unbelievably plush interiors,real wood throughout and real fur too.
here's a bit more info
Year: 1973 (Item #B25722) - Photo 1
EAGLE COACH COMPANY (Lincoln), "Not Just an Automobile, More a Way of Life . . . Phaeton Continental Coach": 8 page color folder, 4x9. White and brown woodgrain look cover with black, white and brown lettering. Folder opens to 6x17 layout with two photographs showing three-quarter frontal view and interior of white Phaeton Continental Coach (station wagon based on Lincoln Continental) conversion by Eagle Coach Company parked in outdoor setting, with description. Reverse side has four photographs showing features, with discussion and list of standard and optional equipment. Copyright 1972. Price: $15.
Scan down to the middle of the page in this link.
http://daddytypes.com/2008/04/30/hmm_not_the_phaeton_station_wa gon_i_was_dreaming_of.php
Evidently the brochure for the car was for sale at eBay and this guy saw it there and wanted to know more about the cars.
I'm going to stop digging for now and see what happens.

Jori Rintamaki
03-15-2009, 08:52 AM
I bought this car from Florida!
This dealer bought it from auction, so he dont know nothing about it.
The name of the car was Lincoln/mercury Division in tittle.
There was original papers with the car from Phaeton Eagle Coast Company.
I need all information I can get because I think it is a very rare car! (..is it?)

I just bought this; sales brochure available: http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/s...le/index.shtml (http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/sales-lit/bysub/amb-hrs-limo/eagle/index.shtml)

Thanks!

UncleLar
03-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Jori,I doubt very many of these were made as they were essentially changed into staion wagons or if you prefer,estate cars by hand from standard Lincoln Continentals. So far the information above is all I've been able to dig up.
How about posting some pictures of the car or barring that emailing some to me.
BTW,we have another Mercury Marauder.net member there in Finland who owns several American cars,we'll have to dig up his name and post it here.Heck,maybe you know him.

Vortex
03-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Im my opinion it is a modified Mercury station wagon with all sorts of extra doodads and trim added. Mechanically its probably identical to the Mercury wagon. Re: the roofline, it looks like the sheetmetal is the same as the regular wagon and not a pop top like a hearse or ambulance and that an opera window has been cut into the rear pillar. Any restoration work should be pretty easy. As for value, well, its probably like owning any one of those small run cars from that era like those Cadillac wagons/pickups, Stutz' ect... I hope you werent told to pay a bunch because it was rare. Id just enjoy driving it.

Jori Rintamaki
03-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Pics of that car you can see in my websites: http://www.mercuryman.fi
On the left there is Mercurys, click there and roll.
I´m sorry but I dont know how to put pics to this forum?

Hm....other guy from Finland who owns Marauder????
I have -69 and -70 X100 models and one of my friend owns one -69 X100 model.
Thats all I know in Finland.

Vortex....You are right, it is Mercury Colony Park, put it is not a hearse or ambulance because there is original seats for nine people. I dont paid too much for that car. Shipping to Finland cost more than the car.
I´m only asking the history because I´m going to restore it "like it was". After that I get museum plates. Before that I need to tell inspector the hole history of this car.

UncleLar
03-15-2009, 03:19 PM
I sent you an e mail.I checked out your website,you've got a very nice collection,my hat is off to you restoring those cars all the way over there .I would imagine it's got to be a major hassle finding the parts you need and then paying shipping and duty on them has got to be very expensive.
Maybe you are the "other guy"from Finland,from a couple of years ago.Whoever it was I offered to take him to the giant car show in Sycamore,IL. if he was here at the time of the show. I saw where you were in the USA nearby me last August,I wish I'd have known about that meet before hand as the Sycamore show is usually the last week end in July every year.I would've checked it out and saw a lot of nice mercury's.I was in at my local dealer and he gave me a Mercury Club magazine that had a big article about that show in it.

252life
03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
I would imagine it's got to be a major hassle finding the parts you need and then paying shipping and duty on them has got to be very expensive.

I think it's the same as in Sweden, here there are ALLOT of people renovating old American cars.
There are many company's here that specialize in importing parts form USA and they get good discounts on parts and shipping.
And depending the currency value it can actually be very cheep to buy from USA.
Allot of people also make sure to fill the container and car up with parts before it's shipped over so the parts can ride along for free.

Jori,

Do you know if there is any -03 or -04 Marauders in Finland?

PhastPhil
03-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Jori, very nice collection of cars !

I may be wrong, but the lights that are on either side of the grille on the Phaeton Coach looks like the same lights that are also on either side of the grille on my 1970 Mercury Cyclone GT. If they are the same, it may help you to find replacements for them if you should need them.
Phil

Vortex
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Nice to see there are Mercury fans in Scandinavia. I remember my ship pulled into the port of Narvik back in 1976, I think we were the first US warship since the war, a beautiful place, it looked like a postcard. Make sure you let us know if/when you guys travel to the US and we can possibly meet, get you some BBQ or Tex-Mex and BS about our cars.

Jori Rintamaki
03-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I love to have one Marauder 03 or 04 but our taxes are too high for that!!!!
In Finland we dont have any new models because of taxes!

I just got the message from Eagle Coach Corp.

We can not identify this coach. Eagle Coach Company was not in business in
1973. We did not exist until 1984.
The Phaeton Continental Coach is not familiar to us. Sorry we can not help.

Mike Mcxxxxxx
Eagle Coach Company...Expect Excellence!
3344 State Route 132
Amelia, OH 45102

.....and the next one.....

Hi Jori,
We did not make the car that you own, we were not in business then. I have asked our customer service manager, Jim Krxxx, to follow-up with you. He has been in the professional vehicle industry for many years, and he may know who built your car.
Mixx

I also get email from this man and he said, sorry we cant help!

Jori Rintamaki
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Because of lower taxes I drive everyday with Marquis GS -97 and my wife have Cougar XR7 -96.
My daughter have a Mustang GT 1996.

UncleLar
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Jori,I contacted Eagle Coach also Monday and got the same info you got.Good luck trying to track down Phaeton Coach.Maybe the dealership that sold your car originally has some info on Phaeton coach and they may be able to tell you more about your car if they keep their records from that far back.
Your wife has a nice car,I had a 1996 Cougar XR7 also,mine had the Bostonian package.It was silver with a black canvas like landau top,the trunk rack,geometric wheels,4.6 V8 and posi rear end with traction control,it was a great little car but believe it or not my Marauder gets better gas mileage than the Cougar did.The Cougar rode and handled very nicely with the independent rear suspension and was fun to drive.I sold it to a good friend who put a lot of miles on it,it had nearly 200,000 miles on it when an oil line broke while he was on the Interstate highway doing about 85mph.By the time he could pull over he'd driven it running out of oil for a couple of miles.At first the engine seemed seized up but once he got it home and it had cooled down it would turn over.He fixed the broken oil line and put in fresh oil it started right up but was pretty noisy.He put a can of Restore for V8 engines in it and it quieted down considerably but he no longer trusted it so he traded it in.Other than the saggy door hinges it was a nice car.
If you want pm or e mail me with your e mail address and I'll send you a bunch of pictures from the Sycamore,IL. shows I told you about.

Jori Rintamaki
03-17-2009, 12:05 PM
My email is
mercuryman@luukku.com
I love to see these pictures!!!!