PDA

View Full Version : engine cutoff

jus4kix03MM
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
so i bought my 03 marauder on dec 6 08. im using it as my dd and late night early jan i was driving at low speed (light to light) and as i slowly got on the brakes the motor cutoff so i put it in park and it started right up i thought that was wierd but it started so its ok. today as i was exiting the freeway and coming to a stop it cut off on me again so i stopped and i started it back up again. i hooked the comp up to it and no codes showed up im wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. what do i do? oh and the only mod ive done is the jlt intake, otherwise stock. please help.:shake:

Mach1Marauder
03-15-2009, 10:51 PM
so i bought my 03 marauder on dec 6 08. im using it as my dd and late night early jan i was driving at low speed (light to light) and as i slowly got on the brakes the motor cutoff so i put it in park and it started right up i thought that was wierd but it started so its ok. today as i was exiting the freeway and coming to a stop it cut off on me again so i stopped and i started it back up again. i hooked the comp up to it and no codes showed up im wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. what do i do? oh and the only mod ive done is the jlt intake, otherwise stock. please help.:shake:

The JLT can affect your MAF transfer, but more than likely your Idle Air Control it carboned up and sticking. For the time being, just remove it and clean out the passages and reinstall it. That will work for a while, but once it starts screwing up, it won't be long until it does it again and then ya need to install a new one.
It MAY also be a dirty MAF since you swapped in a JLT. I HAVE seen a few filters with too much oil on them outta the box. If you clean the MAF, make sure it's with something designed specifically for cleaning a MAF or electronics.
Hope this helps.

ctrlraven
03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
CRC Electronic Cleaner works just fine and is a $1-2 cheaper than the CRC MAFS cleaner which is the same exact thing. You can also use this stuff to clean the IAC.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411CvV4yAwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Mach1Marauder
03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
CRC Electronic Cleaner works just fine and is a $1-2 cheaper than the CRC MAFS cleaner which is the same exact thing. You can also use this stuff to clean the IAC.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411CvV4yAwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Yup!:beer:

jus4kix03MM
03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks I cleaned it and hopefully that's the end of that.

Mach1Marauder
03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks I cleaned it and hopefully that's the end of that.
If not, shoot me a PM and you can gimme a call at the shop. I'm always willing to help.