PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious Cars

Embassy
03-18-2009, 05:19 AM
I'm no fan of these movies. However, this link was posted on another site and I found it interesting.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=143967?tid=edmunds.i l.home.photopanel..1 (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=143967?tid=edmunds.i l.home.photopanel..1).*

Mike
03-18-2009, 05:54 AM
I'm no fan of these movies. However, this link was posted on another site and I found it interesting.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=143967?tid=edmunds.i l.home.photopanel..1 (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=143967?tid=edmunds.i l.home.photopanel..1).*

Very interesting..thanks for sharing. What a GREAT car...
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/general/fast.and.furious.cars/chevrolet/fnf4.340.jpg :bows:
<!-- (JSP_END) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/drives/videolink.jsp --><!-- Video link --><!-- Ad --><!-- (JSP_START) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/bbad.jsp -->

<!-- (JSP_END) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/bbad.jsp --><!-- end Ad --><!-- (JSP_START) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/sidebarphotoswithbb.jsp --><!-- start video side section --><!-- end video side section --><!-- (JSP_END) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/sidebarphotoswithbb.jsp --><!-- end video-photo --><!--endclickprintexclude--><!-- Primary Content --><!-- (JSP_START) /InsideLine/InsideLineWeb/WebRoot/components/features/primarycontent.jsp -->

Motorhead350
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
haha the guy in charge of the vehicles loves the 73-91 Chevy trucks! It even says so in the description. I am taking my K5 to the movie with the header dumpers off! I cannot wait for this film.

Thanks for the info Steve.

BAD MERC
03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
For the filming of 2Fast2Furious I was involved in the sound system of a Mitsubishi Eclipse droptop sponsored by and outfitted with an Eclipse sound system. The car was supercharged with NOS and had some aerodymanic goodies and in the movie they were "supposed to" show the inside of the trunk. It had silver powdercoated amps, inverted subs, blue edge-lit scalloped plexiglas and some blue neon. However, the only time we saw the car in the movie was in one blurry frame if you pause the DVD during the 'warehouse scene' when all the cars hauled ass when the rollup doors opened. We were a bit pissed but the car was the paint sceme inspiration for the Eclipses used for filming. The one we did was more bluish with vertical-lift doors and a Warrior with a sword airbrushed on the hood. The movie car was more purplish with standard doors and no hood graphic. The car was owned by a Cape Coral cop and contractually we were supposed to make several thousand dollars for all the labor-intensive work invested in making the car camera-friendly. Of course, not one single person EVER walked into our store and acknowledged that we did the car. That's my claim to fame. After that I lost my passion for movie cars. Once bitten....

justbob
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
They have about 20 of these vehicles at volo auto museum already here by me. They have two of the GN's both ratty, one has the body turned backwards on the chassis for the high speed reverse stunts!

Got_1
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
i am not at all a fan of the rice, i do however enjoy these movies. i love the cornball quotes and BS but this one looks like its full of domestic cars which is even better. this should be good!

Joe Walsh
03-18-2009, 02:04 PM
JEEZ!

Did you read the frickin' carnage those Hollywood bozos caused!?!

They trashed a bunch of sweet Muscle Cars to make this stupid film:

4 Buick GNs/T-Types...why not use a bunch of standard Regals painted black?
2 Plymouth Satellites
5 Ford Gran Torinos...they even trashed an original 429 - 4 speed car!...:eek:
3 Chevy Camaros
1 Chevelle
2 Dodge Chargers

:mad2:

Motorhead350
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Dude HollyWrong has been doing that since car movies have been coming out. This is shocking to you how?

Joe Walsh
03-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Here is my next T-Shirt in honor of this Ricer movie:

Motorhead350
03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
That's old news, but it still makes me giggle... hehe

Joe Walsh
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
That's old news, but it still makes me giggle... hehe

So are these Ricer Retard movies...I'll keep the photo for the next "They LOST and They're Furious" sequel.

UncleLar
03-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Man,they wrecked EIGHT 72 Torino's to make that :censor: :mad2::cheesed::uzi:

freakstatus
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm looking forward to the new F&F....and I'll take the GNX.

ImpalaSlayer
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
definitly crappy movies. sux hollywood does that crap

Taemian
03-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey, that "crap" has nearly paid for my house! I've personally demoed at LEAST 30 CVPIs and 40 9C1s over the years. Oh yeah, can't forget about the 5 ambulances in the JCVD movie waaay back. That was sweeeet!