PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing Gone Very BAD!!!!

Marauderjack
03-21-2009, 12:47 PM
On 3-6-09 at around 9:00 PM two race prepared Mustangs were transported on trailers to a $5,000.00 match up on a remote county road in northern Beaufort County.....one racer lost control....hit the roadside ditch, flipped and went another 150 feet taking down a large telephone pole backwards (see roof line in photos) decapitating the driver!!!!:depress:

ALL of his "Buddies" left the scene and called the cops anonymously to go find the mess.....no charges filed at this point!!:shake:

Very sad!!:(

ImpalaSlayer
03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
was that a convertable?

PantherP71
03-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow,
This is really sad.
That is some huge cash for that.

hot-rauder
03-21-2009, 01:00 PM
I cant tell if it was a vert or not.... thats terrible.

I quit street racing even before I got a slow car lol. It just isnt worth it. I have seen too many people get hurt or something happen that I choose not to run people. Of course we all have our fun, but mine no longer includes continuous speeds of 120mph+.... its not worth it....

Marauderjack
03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
No it was a regular Mustang "Cobra" with a hard top.....now a convertible!!:cool:

hot-rauder
03-21-2009, 01:04 PM
I now spot the rear pillar in the first pic. It is smushed though....

Terrible way to die.

Davesvt2000
03-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I now spot the rear pillar in the first pic. It is smushed though....

Terrible way to die.

Yeah but they knew the risks they were taking...

BODYMAN
03-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I cant tell if it was a vert or not.... thats terrible.

I quit street racing even before I got a slow car lol. It just isnt worth it. I have seen too many people get hurt or something happen that I choose not to run people. Of course we all have our fun, but mine no longer includes continuous speeds of 120mph+.... its not worth it....

+1 on that not worth messing around on the street. Give me a prepared track I just feel safer and besides that I get a C/I and I will lose my job so just not worth it.

Marauderjack
03-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah but they knew the risks they were taking...

I disagree....DEATH was not in the equation!! :shake:

They have probably done this dozens of times successfully!!:cool:

I hope this puts an end to it around here!!!:(

CROWNMARAUDER
03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
I can't believe that mustang is still in one piece. Nice "buddies" to take off & leave the guy there.

Pat
03-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Seens to me that a trip to the local drag strip for a few 2 outta 3's with a 5K side bet would do. Or was going maximum speed the objective?

Looks like drag slicks on the rear.

Dr Caleb
03-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I knew from the title it would be bad, because 'street racing' can never end well. You can only hope to survive it.

I disagree....DEATH was not in the equation!! :shake:

I disagree. You turn the key, you risk your life. Death is always in the equation, even if you are not street racing. Street Racing just increases the risk.

If you street race your chances of a fatal accident increase exponentially.

If you flip a quarter 100 times and it comes up heads 99 times, what are the odds of it coming up tails on the 100th time? 50/50. Yes, the odds are always 50/50. The probability of 100 of 100 flips becoming all heads is extremely small, but the odds don't change.

They have probably done this dozens of times successfully!!:cool:

I hope this puts an end to it around here!!!:(

So, now that you know the difference between odds and probability, what are a persons odds of surviving street racing 100 times? And what is the probability? He may have done it a dozen times successfully, but that 25th time was when his luck ran out. And luck will run out.

The laws of physics determine what top speeds a road is built to handle in all expected road conditions. Road racing changes the parameters that the road was designed for, and one day the conflict between the two will result in an accident like this.

And no, nothing less than complete adherence to traffic laws will never 'end it' around here.

TiTo35
03-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Unfortunate situation...

I highly doubt that they stop the street racing...ALOT of ppl got hurt and a few died last year around this time due to street racing. They may have fizzed out for a little...but I am sure they havent stopped completely.

Marauderjack
03-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Seens to me that a trip to the local drag strip for a few 2 outta 3's with a 5K side bet would do. Or was going maximum speed the objective?

Looks like drag slicks on the rear.

Pat,

It was a very well thought out quarter mile drag race......except for the results!!:shake:

As I understand it.....these cars are capable of low 10's...high 9's with nitrous making 600 HP or more at the wheels.....A LOT of room for error on SECONDARY roads!!:argue:

BTW.....unfortunately the closest drag strip is about 2 hours away!!:cool:

Marauderjack
03-21-2009, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Dr Caleb;736126] You turn the key, you risk your life. Death is always in the equation, even if you are not street racing. Street Racing just increases the risk.

I agree with you...........and every time YOU get into your car DEATH is in the equation too!! All I am saying is that to these kids death is not even a thought!!!:shake:

If you look at my post above, I say that the road is a "SECONDARY" road which to "normal" folks would be unsafe at 70 MPH....let alone 130 MPH or so!!:rolleyes:

The "Ringmaster" in this "Circus" is a company that builds these cars for these "kids" and I'll bet they instigate these races as well??:confused: The authorities are supposedly working on it......nevertheless the guy is still DEAD!!:rolleyes:

CKMustangCobra
03-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Pretty *****y. I was deep into street racing when I was younger... I saw a lot of bad accidents.

I have retired! LOL

If that was a real Mystic Cobra... it was a coupe to start with.

ImpalaSlayer
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
screw that man. this is exactly why i dont messaround on the street like that

Pat
03-21-2009, 05:01 PM
BTW.....unfortunately the closest drag strip is about 2 hours away!!:cool:

I can relate to that. My area went from four strips, two within 20 miles, to one and that's 130 miles away on secondary, village populated, highways.

There's been a resurgence of "outlaw" strips but it doesn't seem to be a viable enterprise.

The active drag racers here are traveling the extra distance from what I read on their forums. Thats good.

I bite my tongue when ever a potential racer pulls along side, I know the moment will pass and I'm still alive and so is that bus full of Orphans and the Nun chaperones.

I'll get to the strip soon enough. Just hate the thought of break down 130 miles from home.

Regards,

justbob
03-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I have too much to live for and too many to leave behind.

rayjay
03-22-2009, 08:33 AM
I have too much to live for and too many to leave behind.

+1, not worth it. Race prepared Mustangs? Where were the roll cages and 5 point harnesses?